Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Our bigs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210671)

Draz 02-25-2011 05:40 PM

Our bigs

Well. Seems to me we got JJ back. I like the move. As long as he's dedicating his served time here to improve our team defensively. With hopes of improving that & keeping his mind motivated on nothing but this, we can get something out of it. After all, didn't he lead the league at one point at drawing fouls? This is what we need. We need him to also put up blocks & or rebounds. With this, Amare, Melo & Billups can create off of it. Not to mention Fields.

With Turiaf constantly needing to rest his big ass, we can get something done with our bench. If anything he may even start but I love Turiaf's hype to the line up.

Who else do we need in the big rotation? Barron? I heard his name being mentioned a lot. I think if our big man can handle defending/blocking/rebounding & if not much more to ask create in the offense, then we can get far in the playoffs.

NY-Knicks 02-25-2011 05:57 PM

Re: Our bigs

Barron should definitely be the guy we target next, big guy who averaged 11 boards playing alongside David Lee.

WRECK!A!NIZE 02-25-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
Barron should definitely be the guy we target next, big guy who averaged 11 boards playing alongside David Lee.

this

Draz 02-25-2011 07:26 PM

How do we pick him up?

NY-Knicks 02-25-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draz
How do we pick him up?

Who?

Clutch 02-25-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draz
How do we pick him up?

Just sign him.
He is a free-agent.

franchize 02-25-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

With Turiaf constantly needing to rest his big ass, we can get something done with our bench.

Damn homie lol....Give him a break,he has a heart condition.

as for Earl Barron,I really can't figure out why he's not a Knick.

Rameek 02-25-2011 11:16 PM

JJ is straight doo doo and its a waste of a roster spot!:facepalm

franchize 02-25-2011 11:26 PM

:applause:

excellent use of the word doo-doo btw

NY-Knicks 02-25-2011 11:31 PM

With the way the Knicks were outhustled and were destroyed on the glass by the relatively small Cavs line-up it's very tempting for me to reach out to the Knicks panic button and press real hard on it. We need a big, otherwise we won't get anywhere.

Rameek 02-25-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
With the way the Knicks were outhustled and were destroyed on the glass by the relatively small Cavs line-up it's very tempting for me to reach out to the Knicks panic button and press real hard on it. We need a big, otherwise we won't get anywhere.

If someone on the team could play with first letter of the coaches name would be a good start... To let Jamison go off on you like that is inexcusable! :facepalm

This had nothing to do with bigs.... The Knicks need to find 2 real centers quickly!

Draz 02-25-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
If someone on the team could play with first letter of the coaches name would be a good start... To let Jamison go off on you like that is inexcusable! :facepalm

This had nothing to do with bigs.... The Knicks need to find 2 real centers quickly!

Lol you want the knicks playing M-efense? M-e to.

bluechox2 02-26-2011 02:43 AM

knicks needs a perkins type banger

Clutch 02-26-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Damn homie lol....Give him a break,he has a heart condition.

as for Earl Barron,I really can't figure out why he's not a Knick.

Maybe our front office likes to see how other teams outrebound us by 20 every game.

knickscity 02-26-2011 10:50 AM

Rebounding is entirely the effort of the player.

D'antoni's thinking is, if the team had hit half of those 50 shots the missed, they wouldn't have gotten outrebounded so bad.

That's true and false.

From a math prospective more made shots = less rebounds.

That's why Boston is dead last in rebounding, pace and one of the best shooting teams in the League.

But when you give up 20 second chance points, that's effort.

We need a Center that is willing to that paint work and get those boards off missed shots.

That will clear up alot.

Barron could fill that bill, along with Jeffries, and I figure they will both be here within a week.