Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Most anticipated movie for 09 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115793)

Gunnin4HoLeS 01-08-2009 05:12 PM

Most anticipated movie for 09

for me would be....... Star Trek. not a big fan but JJ Abrams is on my good side from Cloverfield and Lost. Watchmen, Harrry Potter, also StreetFighter promos are out already with the most noticable character being Michael Clarke Duncan..

DaGreen 01-08-2009 05:16 PM

Re: Most anticipated movie for 09

The new Fast and Furious and Transformers . Here is a pretty good list from yahoo:

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/colle...ies-of-2009/fp

ukplayer4 01-08-2009 05:57 PM

so let me get this straight, those movies are among your most anticipated movies of 09? not the films you think are gonna be the worst of the year...the ones you are most looking forward to?

Gunnin4HoLeS 01-08-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukplayer4
so let me get this straight, those movies are among your most anticipated movies of 09? not the films you think are gonna be the worst of the year...the ones you are most looking forward to?

Well due to the fact I havent seen them yet I cant say they are going to be the worst. Some movies tend to suprise you..So No to your question

InspiredLebowski 01-08-2009 06:07 PM

The Road. Moreso because it's the only one I know of coming out. That Janis Joplic biopic if it ever gets made.

RidonKs 01-08-2009 06:11 PM

Inglorious Bastards
Watchmen
The Soloist
Angels and Demons
Up
Sherlock Holmes
Harry Potter

Of those, I'd probably say Holmes and Bastards are the two that are going to be the biggest waves. Especially Holmes, that's going to be really interesting to see which way Richie takes it.

Kevin Smith also said Watchmen was fantastic when he saw it a few months ago, so I think I'll trust his judgment and assume it'll actually be well done, even as surprising as that may sound given the director.

Che isn't getting a wide release until a week from now, so I suppose you can include that as well.

IlliniFan 01-08-2009 06:13 PM

I'm looking forward to State of Play.

ukplayer4 01-08-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnin4HoLeS
Well due to the fact I havent seen them yet I cant say they are going to be the worst. Some movies tend to suprise you..So No to your question

so no they are not the ones you are looking forward to...ok thats makes more sense

kentatm 01-08-2009 06:21 PM

Watchmen and Potter for big budget flicks.

i wonder what small films will be the breakout hits this year?

ukplayer4 01-08-2009 06:21 PM

i saw che parts 1 and 2 on advanced preview......1 is excellent, 2 changes tone completely and is nowhere near as good.

the road is also the film i am most looking forward to right now- after we get all the important stuff from last year- slumdog/revoulotionary road/the wrestler/benjamin button etc arnt out here yet.

PistolPete 01-08-2009 06:55 PM

For me it'll be Public Enemies, Terminator, Wolfman, X-Men, and Star Trek

EastBayFuNk510 01-08-2009 07:08 PM

Im an 80's baby..so Im rockin with G.I. Joe,ive been waiting on this since elementary school..and the transformers 2:hammertime: should be dope as well as Wolverine..they finally got my boy Gambit in a X Men movie/spinoff.

tsforthrees 01-08-2009 07:21 PM

really looking forward to watchmen. also hoping the next potter film doesn't let the book down too much. the movies are way too light in my opinion, and the sixth and seventh books are pretty dark. i have low expectations

SLY 01-08-2009 07:24 PM

Wolverine movie for me

steve 01-08-2009 07:28 PM

I'm looking forward to Where the Wild Things Are and the Fantastic Mr. Fox.