Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Talking while urinating (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128955)

G-train 04-20-2009 02:28 AM

Talking while urinating

I'm wondering what the general ISH feeling is about talking with others while p!ssing at the urinal.
Do you feel comfortable talking with friends while weeing side by side; are you comfortable talking to friendly strangers or work colleagues?

Personally if someone looks at me on the approach I say 'gday mate' and I am happy to continue to converse right through to the drying of the hands.

xx

reppy 04-20-2009 02:36 AM

Re: Talking while urinating

I feel weird as hell saying anything to another dude in the stall. Might get the wrong idea and next thing you know he's trying to bump your foot from the other stall. If it's someone I know? Hell, I'll share a stall with 'em. Otherwise, keep your space.

Eriatarka 04-20-2009 03:46 AM

Might as well have some more male bonding and have a fight with the streams of piss... We all remember what happend in Ghostbusters with that, right?

-Eriatarka

LJJ 04-20-2009 04:45 AM

If it's friends or coworkers just a greeting, otherwise nothing. Some people do talk like it's a social event, but it doesn't really annoy me.

2LeTTeRS 04-20-2009 11:13 AM

Honestly it irks the shit out of me. When I'm pissing I'm unwinding and trying to make sure I don't piss on my jeans. I really don't like being distracted by somebody talking.

And we're not even going to mention how awkward it is when/if they try to make eye contact with you....

JtotheIzzo 04-20-2009 11:40 AM

wow y'all are a bunch of [Costanza] stall men [Costanza/]!

It is only right to have a bit of back and forth with the mafa you be pishin beside.

It is only weird when the awkward silence is there.

I usually give a nod, maybe, if in a bar, inquire on how the drinking is going: "You fuckin out of er tonight or what buddy?" Usually get a: "fuckin right dude!" followed by a yell, then perhaps we each swig some more beer.

Pissing and drinking at the same time, that is how the men do it. And if you can keep a smoke lit, right on!

GOBB 04-20-2009 11:57 AM

Friends, coworkers? No problem. Stranger? Eh, aint got no rap.

Bush4Ever 04-20-2009 12:16 PM

Anyone who does anything except go to the bathroom when he is by a urinal is probably interested in the other guy's junk.

Scientific fact.

GOBB 04-20-2009 12:28 PM

No its not you gay scientist.