Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gerald Green? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79343)

millencolin735 03-08-2008 04:28 PM

Gerald Green?
 
Well he just got waived by the Rockets. What do you guys think? Should the Lakers go after this guy, I think it would be a good idea. I mean hes young athletic and can shoot the tre, and he would be someone nice to develop in case we cant resign Lamar after next season. Anyways just a thought, wondering what you guys think about this.

LuppersGB 03-08-2008 04:49 PM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Ever heard of a guy called Trevor Ariza?
We dont really need Green, we got enough players for the 3 spot as it is. Air-iza is our guy for the future (seeing as he is the same ge as GG), better defence, mad jumpin skills and the shooting coaches will develop his 3 like they did for farmar.

dd24 03-08-2008 06:12 PM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Green can also play the 2. I was really suprised about how he was cut so fast in Houston. I know Green wants minutes but to me it would seem smart that one of the top teams in the league would pick him up and let him develop. The guy obviously isn't a difference maker and won't affect the playoffs much but getting him some experience would be great for him. I think a team like LA, San Antonio, Detroit, Utah, or even Boston again would be a great fit for him. Those teams are already deep so they could have a guy on the team which they didn't need a lot from. A couple of years down the road he could be a big piece of a team that could be playing for a championship. The problem is most (if not all) of those teams don't have an open roster spot. I don't think anything could happen until after the season, which he would probably be picked up by then.

suckerpunch 03-08-2008 06:12 PM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
I would actually like to pick up Green. I don't see how it can possibly hurt, he definitely has the athleticism to be a factor. I like Ariza... but he has bad bone structure, he may be injury prone. It wouldn't hurt to have some kind of insurance in case Ariza gets hurt again. I don't think too much depth is ever a bad thing.

mariodeathgrip 03-08-2008 06:15 PM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Wow!!!!

Would be cool to sign!!! Never got the min to play!!! But dude has hops!! Young and athletic!! Could develop into a really good player someday!!! I wonder if we got a shot 2 sign him!!!!:D

lakerfreak 03-08-2008 07:02 PM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Isnt green a shooting guard?

I like green a lot but he wants a lot of minutes and his game is still not well rounded. He also would probably look to sign an extension in the future.

While I would love for us to get him, hes going to demand too much money and we already have guys that are going to command big bucks.

mariodeathgrip 03-08-2008 07:46 PM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
:confusedshrug:

Even if he did demand more money so what!!! As long as we have Odom Kobe and Gasol were over!!! But with da money comin in!!! With only the midlevel and vet to spend!!!! I say F it and pay-them!!! I would love to sign Green!! Can we still sign him!!! When the deadlines!!!!
But then again I'm still hoping to have a chance to sign Artest for da Mid-Level and/or trade Odom + our only 1st rd pick and a few 2nd rd pick and Mihms expiring contract maybe luke or Farmar for Gilbert Arenas, well only if he demands a sign and trade!!!:D Wishful thinking!!!!:ohwell:

SoCalMike 03-09-2008 12:31 AM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
So why should the Lakers be signing anyone that has been waived by a team today? How can anyone say that they could add significant value when the Lakers already play 9-10 players deep WITHOUT Bynum and Ariza in the lineup? And you want to assimilate them into the lineup with the Triangle in what, less than 20 games or so???

I don't get people's logic... it seems that whenever a player is waived from another team, these threads pop up saying we have to get that player. Why do you want someone else's left over trash?????

My apologies, but I just don't get it.



:pimp:

Ryansrams 03-09-2008 01:34 AM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So why should the Lakers be signing anyone that has been waived by a team today? How can anyone say that they could add significant value when the Lakers already play 9-10 players deep WITHOUT Bynum and Ariza in the lineup? And you want to assimilate them into the lineup with the Triangle in what, less than 20 games or so???

I don't get people's logic... it seems that whenever a player is waived from another team, these threads pop up saying we have to get that player. Why do you want someone else's left over trash?????

My apologies, but I just don't get it.



:pimp:

I understand what your saying ,but this guy is a athlete. He came out the same year Bynum and straight from High School. In fact draft experts were saying he has potential to be the Kobe Bryant type player LOL. Think about it he is 20-21 and has plenty of time to improve. Would he help this year NO, but he could help next year. We will lose some players this summer, Green has no leverage as far as contracts go, so take a chance for a cheap price! Bryant could take him under his wing and help him become the player so many predicted. I mean this won't be a favorable statement but I would rather have him at the end of our bench than Karl. There were a few draft boards that year, that actually had the Lakers taking Green, thak the Lord they drafted Bynum. For the price it wouldn't hurt:confusedshrug:

mariodeathgrip 03-09-2008 02:25 AM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So why should the Lakers be signing anyone that has been waived by a team today? How can anyone say that they could add significant value when the Lakers already play 9-10 players deep WITHOUT Bynum and Ariza in the lineup? And you want to assimilate them into the lineup with the Triangle in what, less than 20 games or so???

I don't get people's logic... it seems that whenever a player is waived from another team, these threads pop up saying we have to get that player. Why do you want someone else's left over trash?????
My apologies, but I just don't get it.



:pimp:


Gerald Green? = trash!!!:confusedshrug:

If we do have a spot to fill I normally would want a vet but Green I would love to have!! My gut feeling he will sign to a team and in a couple of years play at least close to all-star level!!

:banghead::pimp::hammerhead:


:violin:

:cry:

LuppersGB 03-09-2008 06:49 AM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So why should the Lakers be signing anyone that has been waived by a team today? How can anyone say that they could add significant value when the Lakers already play 9-10 players deep WITHOUT Bynum and Ariza in the lineup? And you want to assimilate them into the lineup with the Triangle in what, less than 20 games or so???

I don't get people's logic... it seems that whenever a player is waived from another team, these threads pop up saying we have to get that player. Why do you want someone else's left over trash?????

My apologies, but I just don't get it.



:pimp:


Totally agree :cheers:

andredpg 03-09-2008 09:27 AM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
bed idea. we got already ariza and kobe to do some sick dunks.

SoCalMike 03-09-2008 10:04 AM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryansrams
I understand what your saying ,but this guy is a athlete. He came out the same year Bynum and straight from High School. In fact draft experts were saying he has potential to be the Kobe Bryant type player LOL. Think about it he is 20-21 and has plenty of time to improve. Would he help this year NO, but he could help next year. We will lose some players this summer, Green has no leverage as far as contracts go, so take a chance for a cheap price! Bryant could take him under his wing and help him become the player so many predicted. I mean this won't be a favorable statement but I would rather have him at the end of our bench than Karl. There were a few draft boards that year, that actually had the Lakers taking Green, thak the Lord they drafted Bynum. For the price it wouldn't hurt:confusedshrug:


Respectfully, not that I buy this argument above, but how can you say that for the price it wouldn't hurt? Do you know what kind of guy he is in the locker room? Do you know if his chemstry would blend into the existing chemistry?

Again, the guy was freaking WAIVED by a playoff contending team. What does that say to you all?

Now, if it was the beginning of the season, I could buy into these arguments and let him have a shot at trying to make the team. But to experiment now does not make sense unless there was a severe need (i.e. getting Pau satisfied a severe need).

Sorry if this is not what some of you want to hear, but I still feel strongly that Green would not be a good addition for the Lakers now. And I feel that for pretty much any of these so called "waived" players.



:pimp:

Ryansrams 03-09-2008 12:19 PM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Respectfully, not that I buy this argument above, but how can you say that for the price it wouldn't hurt? Do you know what kind of guy he is in the locker room? Do you know if his chemstry would blend into the existing chemistry?

Again, the guy was freaking WAIVED by a playoff contending team. What does that say to you all?

Now, if it was the beginning of the season, I could buy into these arguments and let him have a shot at trying to make the team. But to experiment now does not make sense unless there was a severe need (i.e. getting Pau satisfied a severe need).

Sorry if this is not what some of you want to hear, but I still feel strongly that Green would not be a good addition for the Lakers now. And I feel that for pretty much any of these so called "waived" players.



:pimp:

I've read on another rumor site, he is good guy, by no means trouble and shows no defiance. They just says he needs somebody to drive him because he doesn't work hard. Basically I'm saying the guy at the end of the Laker bench will get very little playing time if any at all, so why not have the guy with the most talent and upside sitting their? I say you have to take him now or he will definitely be picked up or will be making a NBA team next year. Being waived should be wake-up call to Green, he should now know jumping out of the Gym and having a nice shot doesn't mean you will be in the Nba let alone a star.

gts 03-09-2008 12:30 PM

Re: Gerald Green?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So why should the Lakers be signing anyone that has been waived by a team today? How can anyone say that they could add significant value when the Lakers already play 9-10 players deep WITHOUT Bynum and Ariza in the lineup? And you want to assimilate them into the lineup with the Triangle in what, less than 20 games or so???

I don't get people's logic... it seems that whenever a player is waived from another team, these threads pop up saying we have to get that player. Why do you want someone else's left over trash?????

My apologies, but I just don't get it.



:pimp:

actually this is one guy i wouldn't mind seeing the lakers pick up... he wouldn't be allowed on the playoff roster because of the waive date, but for next year he could be nice to have on the roster... he's real athletic, fast and moves his feet well... he's a long term project but for the 300k it would take to have the guy for this year make next year a team option it worth it just to be able to look at him next year in camp


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy