Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   denham in the first round after camp? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1083)

i seen hippos 06-11-2006 12:06 AM

denham in the first round after camp?

http://www.nbadraft.net/2006orlando005.asp

it's nbadraft.net's top 10 list of players at the pre-draft camp.

denham was ranked second overall behind farmar. here's his paragraph.

Quote:

2. Denham Brown (UConn) -- 15 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2 apg, 45 fg%, 90 ft% -- Played very well scoring in double digits in every game and leading the camp in scoring. He showed excellent creativity driving to the basket and the vision to find teammates for baskets. Brown will make an excellent role player with his overall skill level and could even crack the end of the first round.

i want the raps to select him, but i'd feel really good for him if he was chosen in the first round.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 12:13 AM

Not a chance.

i seen hippos 06-11-2006 12:15 AM

why?

cause you saw him only playing alongside gay and anderson and can't possibly believe he can play at another level without those fools taking his shots away from him?

ok, so i went a little to far...

fatboy11 06-11-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i seen hippos
why?

cause you saw him only playing alongside gay and anderson and can't possibly believe he can play at another level without those fools taking his shots away from him?

ok, so i went a little to far...

Because I don't feel like he is that good. There are guys that I feel aren't that good either that I also feel are better than he is.

He'll be a solid role player and good late 2nd round pick. Wouldn't mind if Houston picked up if we weren't drafting so high in the 2nd.

i seen hippos 06-11-2006 12:24 AM

you don't deserve to live.

i'll buy you tickets to a raps game so you can personally forgive him during the season.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 12:25 AM

Quote:

you don't deserve to live.

i'll buy you tickets to a raps game so you can personally forgive him during the season.

And I'll do the same for you with Ronnie Brewer.......

i seen hippos 06-11-2006 12:28 AM

what do i have to apologize to him for?

i said he'd be good. i'll actually be really looking forward to watching him if he plays alongside t-mac.

but ROY? guy won't even be in the top 5.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 12:29 AM

Sorry. I couldn't wait on the avatar.

i seen hippos 06-11-2006 12:31 AM

so can you seriously hook me up with tix?

fatboy11 06-11-2006 01:29 AM

Quote:

so can you seriously hook me up with tix?

Sure. I'd have to buy them first though.

SecondFiddle 06-11-2006 01:37 AM

The UConn guys are going to fall like bricks from a 40 story building. Boone, Armsrong and Brown will all IMO fall to the second round.

SecondFiddle 06-11-2006 01:37 AM

I'm hot right now!

brwnman 06-11-2006 01:40 AM

not again...

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 02:16 AM

Brown won't be a late second round pick at all. He's better than that. He'll be lucky to go first round, and I would be a little surprised but it's a definate possibility. He'll most likely go between 33-45, a lot of teams could use a guy like him off the bench.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Brown won't be a late second round pick at all. He's better than that. He'll be lucky to go first round, and I would be a little surprised but it's a definate possibility. He'll most likely go between 33-45, a lot of teams could use a guy like him off the bench.

I think he's a late 2nd rounder.

June 28th will answer the question for us all.

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 02:28 AM

Why do you think late second rounder?

I think he's an early second rounder because he has lots of experiance from a winning program, and he's even improved from his final college game. He's showing scouts how well he can create his own shot, and he wasn't too bad at getting teammates involved also. He has good composure when he's on the court, he's not erratic and all over the place. He definetly knows his role, coming from a team program like UConn, and won't try to do more than he can handle. He isn't deserving of a top20 pick for sure, because he'll never be a superstar, but he'll be in the league for the rest of his professional career and has as good a chance of anyone who is picked 20+ to be a solid bench contributor for years to come.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Why do you think late second rounder?

I think he's an early second rounder because he has lots of experiance from a winning program, and he's even improved from his final college game. He's showing scouts how well he can create his own shot, and he wasn't too bad at getting teammates involved also. He has good composure when he's on the court, he's not erratic and all over the place. He definetly knows his role, coming from a team program like UConn, and won't try to do more than he can handle. He isn't deserving of a top20 pick for sure, because he'll never be a superstar, but he'll be in the league for the rest of his professional career and has as good a chance of anyone who is picked 20+ to be a solid bench contributor for years to come.

I think he is a late seconder because there are too many guys ahead of him (in my book) that are either better or have more potential.

I'd take him in a heartbeat in the 50-60 range.

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 02:33 AM

I just don't think theres a whole lot of talent in the second round at all. I don't see who you think is more talented than him in the second round at his position. Maybe Hassan Adams, but I really can't think of anyone else. I'm not sure if these players your talking about are in the pre-draft camp, but if they are, he's outplayed all of them. And if not I just dunno I'll have to figure out who your talking about I guess.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 02:41 AM

I didn't say anything about "at his position".

In no particular order: Hassan Adams, Paul Davis, Daniel Gibson, PJ Tucker, Leon Powe, Guillermo Diaz, Steve Novak, Taj Gray, Eric Hicks, James White, Thebo Sefolosha, Steven Smith, Dee Brown, Jose Juan Barera, Mike Gansey, Curtis Stinson, Vladimir Veeremenko, Richard Roby, Alexander Johnson.

Quote:

he's outplayed all of them.
Impossible seeing as how most of those players weren't even at the pre-draft camp.

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 02:50 AM

Well I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one because I think of the players you listed, the only ones better than Denham are Adams, White, Sefolosha, Roby, and Johnson. I also see all those players except Adams and White to be taken in the first round. It's obvious neither of us is going to win this debate tonight cuz we both seem like stubborn pricks (not really). A lot of these players have equal talent level so some people rate others higher or lower depending on how you see them, so I respect your views and your right, we'll see on the 28th.

And I never said he's outplayed all of them, I said IF any of them were at the camp he has because he's outplayed everyone there.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 02:52 AM

Quote:

I also see all those players except Adams and White to be taken in the first round.
I actually think James White will go in the first round. I think Adams should too, but he won't. I think Richard Roby might end up pulling out of the draft though so that's one down.

Can't wait for the 28th. Better than Christmas.

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 02:55 AM

White definetly has a chance to go late first round, but the draft for the most part is a tossup between the latter part of the second round so you never know with this one. He could go as high as 20 or as low as 40. I don't think Adams goes first round, but its the same situation. Depends on whos available at the time of a certain team picking. What makes you think Roby is going to pull out? I haven't really been up to date on how his workouts were going.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 02:57 AM

Quote:

What makes you think Roby is going to pull out? I haven't really been up to date on how his workouts were going.
He didn't play at the pre-draft camp and he's had lackluster workouts.

Playing at the camp could have really helped him out like it might do for your guy Denham.

Chamberlain 06-11-2006 03:02 AM

I haven't been a fan of Roby's game at any point. I just don't think he's as good as some people think. He'll be in the league sooner or later and he's got room to improve but he just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's cuz I'm just not familiar with him. I wish he had have gone to the camp so I could see what his game was like for myself other than just reading scouting reports.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 03:04 AM

I don't see what the big deal is either with Roby.

I compare his situation to that of Nick Fazekas who recently withdrew from the draft. I think Fazekas is a better prospect though.

GoRapz 06-11-2006 11:17 AM

i'd love denham to be on the raptors if we pick him in the second round. We're lacking SG's right now aren't we? i'm sure he can do a thing or two off the bench. Plus, he's a Toronto native.

geeWiz15 06-11-2006 12:13 PM

Fatboy why you sayin that a player who will be a good roleplayer for years to come is only a late second rounder? Less than half of second rounders even last past their rookie contracts and you're saying there are 40-50 players in this draft who will be better than a certain solid roleplayer? Many first rounders don't even achieve that. If you got a chance to get a definite solid roleplayer and it's the second round how can you turn that down?

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith 06-11-2006 01:09 PM

adsf

I'm an avid Uconn fan and I REALLY doubt Denham is going to be a decent pro.

I love him to death, his clutch shots, his good at everything, great at nothing skills but honestly this guy's output decreases QUICKLY when competition arises.

His athleticism is adequate for the NBA, but hes a tad worse than Mo-Pete. The midrange game is there, the trey range.. well we have yet to see. Guy'z strong as hell tho, and IMO he belongs in late 2nd round as fatboy has mentioned.

6 points/3 rbs/2 asts/1 stl, solid defense, 8 year career.

Hope I'm wrong tho.

fatboy11 06-11-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Fatboy why you sayin that a player who will be a good roleplayer for years to come is only a late second rounder? Less than half of second rounders even last past their rookie contracts and you're saying there are 40-50 players in this draft who will be better than a certain solid roleplayer? Many first rounders don't even achieve that. If you got a chance to get a definite solid roleplayer and it's the second round how can you turn that down?

Because I feel like those players I mentioned will be better.

Of course, I will be wrong about a number of them but, as of right now, I feel they are better. No one from this draft has played a second in the NBA right now so none of us really have a better point than the other. It's all subjective right now.

I feel Denham is a late second rounder. We'll what NBA GMs thinks on the 28th. I could be wrong. I could be right though.