Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55717)

mlh1981 09-14-2007 11:23 AM

travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Where is everyone wanting/hoping/planning on going on in the next 6 months-1 year? I am going out to Los Angeles sometime next spring. Gonna hit up some beaches, sporting events, attend taping of the Jay Leno Show, Price is Right, etc. Might make a daytrip down to San Diego. Also, hoping to go to NYC next Summer. I've always wanted to go there.

My family also has a bunch of relatives that live in Germany, so we might be going there for Christmas instead of having the usual celebration here.

What do you guys have planned, or are dreaming of?

Sagat 09-14-2007 11:33 AM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
I'll probably hit up Thule, Greenland. I might even go to Nepal; I plan on climbing Mt. Everest wearing nothing but a lime green thong and my Timberlands with no socks on.

I'll take my laptop with me, might get lonely on those peaks. I'll come here and have some thread sex.

boozehound 09-14-2007 01:01 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Next 6 months:
alpine tx
fayetville ar
cali/AZ/NM (road trip)
American Samoa
Vancouver BC
and probably chicago

Hawker 09-14-2007 01:22 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
Where is everyone wanting/hoping/planning on going on in the next 6 months-1 year? I am going out to Los Angeles sometime next spring. Gonna hit up some beaches, sporting events, attend taping of the Jay Leno Show, Price is Right, etc. Might make a daytrip down to San Diego. Also, hoping to go to NYC next Summer. I've always wanted to go there.

My family also has a bunch of relatives that live in Germany, so we might be going there for Christmas instead of having the usual celebration here.

What do you guys have planned, or are dreaming of?


Take that trip to Germany. You wont be disappointed. It's better to go outside of America than go somewhere inside of America.

You may think, "ewww germany i wont be able to speak german so whats the point."

They all speak english. Wherever I have gone, people speak english except for mexico (some did).

rezznor 09-14-2007 01:26 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
October, goin to puerto rico for the second time
november, goin to vegas for a conference
december, goin to vancouver for new years.


prob wont take a trip again after that till april or so.

Kebab Stall 09-14-2007 01:35 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawker
Take that trip to Germany. You wont be disappointed. It's better to go outside of America than go somewhere inside of America.

You may think, "ewww germany i wont be able to speak german so whats the point."

They all speak english. Wherever I have gone, people speak english except for mexico (some did).

When I went skiing in Austria this past Easter, I noticed that pretty much everyone spoke English. It was very rare I saw someone who spoke only German.

STelfair31 09-14-2007 02:37 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
catchin a Magic game over christmas in orland against the knicks and then hopefully DC cuz that is my city

johndeeregreen 09-14-2007 02:39 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Florida and then an extensive tour of the Dakotas, I imagine.

Los Angeles 09-14-2007 02:42 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
You'll enjoy San Diego a lot more then Los Angeles or NYC, trust me...it's a gorgeous place to visit.

I ain't going nowhere because I have no money...bunch of friends want me to go to Jamiaca with them in November for a week but I can't afford missing my Co-Op for that much time...I must get a certain amount of hours to get my credits.

GOBB 09-14-2007 02:42 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Miami and Vegas on my radar before the year is out. Australia is something I might start seriously planning next month. Be a nice bday present for myself. By then I'll have saved up enough money to do something i want to do so bad. Great White Shark adventure. I wanna get in a cage and see one up cloe and personal.

mlh1981 09-14-2007 02:56 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Angeles
You'll enjoy San Diego a lot more then Los Angeles or NYC, trust me...it's a gorgeous place to visit.

I ain't going nowhere because I have no money...bunch of friends want me to go to Jamiaca with them in November for a week but I can't afford missing my Co-Op for that much time...I must get a certain amount of hours to get my credits.



I was out in San Diego this past May.........saw a 3-game series with my Reds vs. Padres, hit up some of the beaches, and checked out the nightlife. Good times

mlh1981 09-14-2007 02:58 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Miami and Vegas on my radar before the year is out. Australia is something I might start seriously planning next month. Be a nice bday present for myself. By then I'll have saved up enough money to do something i want to do so bad. Great White Shark adventure. I wanna get in a cage and see one up cloe and personal.


LOVE Miami. Never been to Vegas. Did the whole Miami beach thing for Spring Break in 04-05. So much energy in that city, and never a boring moment.

johndeeregreen 09-14-2007 03:02 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Unfortunately when I was there I was too young to really do anything except go see the Heat play the Mavs. Hell, I'm still too young to do anything but see the Heat play.

mlh1981 09-14-2007 03:07 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Unfortunately when I was there I was too young to really do anything except go see the Heat play the Mavs. Hell, I'm still too young to do anything but see the Heat play.



Heat vs. Mavs, eh? Did you go in 04? I saw that matchup when I was there........

GOBB 09-14-2007 03:22 PM

Re: travel plans in the next 6 months-1 year?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
LOVE Miami. Never been to Vegas. Did the whole Miami beach thing for Spring Break in 04-05. So much energy in that city, and never a boring moment.


Miami like my 2nd home...i figure i go in the Fall...not as hot as july-august.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy