Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Lebron hated? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117892)

collusion 01-25-2009 01:57 AM

Lebron hated?

I went to the Jazz-Cavaliers game where Lebron light the Jazz up for 33 points. I was surprised at how much he was booed during the game. Is this typical in your arenas? Utah fans are notoriously obnoxious so I didn't know if it was just us or if most places boo James.

RajonKGcelts 01-25-2009 01:59 AM

Re: Lebron hated?

Most stars on each team are booed continuously in Boston.

KB42PAH 01-25-2009 01:59 AM

1) Booing is a sign of respect
2) Jazz have a great, frenzied crowd that actively boos opponents.

Meticode 01-25-2009 02:01 AM

Luigi 01-25-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meticode

The first one is funny/called for.
The second isn't.

There really were plenty of boos to counter Cleveland's fans there. I hope we keep it up. It really bothered me when Jordan got a following in the playoffs at Utah.

Mikaiel 01-25-2009 02:05 AM

I remember a couple of years ago maybe LeBron got a standing ovation in Utah after he dropped 51 points. So I guess they don't hate him that bad.

AznTacoLover 01-25-2009 02:06 AM

nah the utah fans are just very intenese fans.

Luigi 01-25-2009 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikaiel
I remember a couple of years ago maybe LeBron got a standing ovation in Utah after he dropped 51 points. So I guess they don't hate him that bad.

That's what I'm talking about. Makes me mad. I guess its ok as long as it stays a statement of "well done, you torched us" and doesn't change into a "we love you" its good.

collusion 01-25-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corky McBiff
My respect Jazz fans grew after they booed Derek Fisher. Even as a Lakers fan, I boo the worthless, selfish Derek Fisher when I attend a Lakers game @ Staples.

For the record, I was one of the Jazz fans that booed Fisher during his first game back. When Boozer leaves Utah the boos will be deafening at his first game back.

Mikaiel 01-25-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luigi
That's what I'm talking about. Makes me mad. I guess its ok as long as it stays a statement of "well done, you torched us" and doesn't change into a "we love you" its good.

Well it wasn't a LeBron lovefest, just people standing up, clapping respectfully after a great game. It just shows that crowd appreciates good basketball.

Luigi 01-25-2009 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collusion
For the record, I was one of the Jazz fans that booed Fisher during his first game back. When Boozer leaves Utah the boos will be deafening at his first game back.

I was mad at the boos for Fish. That guy embodied everything we want out of a Jazz player, and I was glad for what he gave us. Did he "get out of his contract" for good reason? I don't know. All I know is LHM worked it out. Booing expatriates is great, and if Boozer leaves, sure, I'll boo him. But not in the Fisher case!

Edit: I was also at that game, and cheered with others when Fish made shots.

Meticode 01-25-2009 02:28 AM

Was Karl Malone booed when he came back to Utah when he was with the Lakers?

lolwut 01-25-2009 02:37 AM

Houston cheered Kobe, and we'll cheer Iverson and Lebron this year too.

The Toyota Center stays classy.