Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ricky rubio next barca player to go to nba. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145388)

la bomba 09-01-2009 08:16 AM

ricky rubio next barca player to go to nba.

With Ricky rubio going to barca he will become the umpteenth barca player to go to NBA via the blaugranas,in the recent past.
Pau Gasol,Marc Gasol,J.C.Navarro,Anderson Varejao,Francisco Elson,David Andersen,Ersan Ilyasova(2nd try).Unfortunately for barca I don't think Rubio will return as early as Navarro,who at the moment is on fire for Spain by the way. But Can you imagine if the Gasols and Rubio returned to barca and played with navarro,fran Vasquez,Basile,lakovic etc?wow what a team. I really believe pau will end his career at barca,just how soon he will return I don't know.

Lakas Fan Yo 09-01-2009 09:19 AM

Re: ricky rubio next barca player to go to nba.

I'm glad that Barca and Real are trying to improve their rosters a lot more now. It seemed like it was becoming all about Panathinaikos, CSKA and Olympiacos but now the two big Spanish clubs are really trying too. There's 5 really strong teams and honestly I think any of those 5 teams would give a lot of NBA teams trouble.

I am expecting a final four of

Panathinaikos
Olympiacos
Barca
Real Madrid

at least how things stand right now. Siena looks pretty strong too.

la bomba 09-01-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
I'm glad that Barca and Real are trying to improve their rosters a lot more now. It seemed like it was becoming all about Panathinaikos, CSKA and Olympiacos but now the two big Spanish clubs are really trying too. There's 5 really strong teams and honestly I think any of those 5 teams would give a lot of NBA teams trouble.

I am expecting a final four of

Panathinaikos
Olympiacos
Barca
Real Madrid

at least how things stand right now. Siena looks pretty strong too.

Barca already had a strong team last year. for me they were the strongest team, beating pana twice. Siskauskas in the 4th qtr of the semis made the difference.
Cska don't look as strong this year,provided the 4 teams you mention dont coincide in the qtrs ,I agree. Though cajalaboral(TAU) are also strong.

la bomba 09-20-2009 03:49 AM

I hope erazem Lorbek lasts longer at barca before he becomes yet another NBA bound Barca player. I believe pacers have his rights.

Maga_1 09-21-2009 08:56 PM

And who do you think will be a starter?
Lakovic or Ricky?

Jan95 09-22-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maga_1
Lakovic or Ricky?

Lakovic is better than Ricky, but Ricky is Spanish, so you never now...

Maga_1 09-22-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan95
Lakovic is better than Ricky, but Ricky is Spanish, so you never now...

I think that Ricky is going to be a starter, but Lakovic will play a lot of time

la bomba 09-22-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maga_1
Lakovic or Ricky?

1st thing ,these days starters mean nothing, we are in an age of rotations were the starters play less than 25 mins.So whether ricky starts or not the time they are going to get will be similar.
Which one is better? they are totally different. Lakovic is a scorer he is not a proper point guard.Ricky is less of a scorer but runs the game better.I think there will be times they play together. plus there is Sada too who is a decent player.
As for Ricky playing more because he is spanish,that is just absurd! Trias with ivanovic played a lot and very well with great performances in the euroleague getting rebounds,making assists and hardly missing, yet with pascual he hardly ever played.
Rubio,Navarro,Mikael,Vazquez and Lorbek what a five! but then you have Lakovic,Grimau,basile,Trias,Morris plus Sada and Barton when he comes back.