Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Los Angeles Fans Are Not That Thrilled About Shaquille O'Neal & Pat Riley (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413)

Laker4Lyfe 06-08-2006 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCL
LA groupie fans still can't over the fact that they got screwed when Shaq got traded.

:violin:

Patches O'Houlihan 06-08-2006 02:47 PM

The Lakers definitely should've traded to Shaq to either PHX or DAL. Like it makes a difference if we watch him win a championship in the west on those teams or in the East with Miami. Plus, with Kobe and Dirk/Amare the Lakers could've been contending for the past two years instead of getting raped by Miami.

traditionone 06-08-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
The Lakers definitely should've traded to Shaq to either PHX or DAL. Like it makes a difference if we watch him win a championship in the west on those teams or in the East with Miami. Plus, with Kobe and Dirk/Amare the Lakers could've been contending for the past two years instead of getting raped by Miami.

Dallas wouldn't have given up Dirk and Phoenix wouldn't have given up Amare. I know I wouldn't have.

Shaq asking for $30 million a year didn't help the situation either. Even the $20 million over 5 years he got from Miami is high. That alone is enough justification to trade Shaq. No way I would pay a guy that kind of money, the $30 million, if he asked for it. That plus the Kobe contract would've eaten up the Lakers' entire cap.

Patches O'Houlihan 06-08-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
Dallas wouldn't have given up Dirk and Phoenix wouldn't have given up Amare. I know I wouldn't have.

Shaq asking for $30 million a year didn't help the situation either. Even the $20 million over 5 years he got from Miami is high. That alone is enough justification to trade Shaq. No way I would pay a guy that kind of money, the $30 million, if he asked for it. That plus the Kobe contract would've eaten up the Lakers' entire cap.

You realize this was years ago right? When Shaq was still dominating, Dirk was chilling around the perimeter, and Amare was only showing flashes? I'm pretty sure both DAL and PHX we're talking about throwing in more as well. (PHX I believe was going to do something with Marion too).

lakerfreak 06-08-2006 07:47 PM

They were about to give us Amare and marion and one more player, it would have been joe johnson or Leandro Barbosa and look how much that specific team has hurt us in the past 2 years. Nash and Shaq wouldnt have done it.

Shaq demanded sooo much money because he knew we werent going to give it to him. If you all remember when he was in Orlando, Him and Penny had problems too. They wanted to pay Penny more than Shaq and Shaq ended up demanding 150 million dollars over 7 years.

That's ridiculous I have never seen that before.

Shaq has easy ways of pissing people off and thats why he left 2 teams.