Hawks Dec. 26 notes on waiving Freije, Josh Smith being out, more
* The Hawks-Cavaliers game on 12/27 features the Chick-fil-A® Family Night promotion where fans can purchase four tickets and four Chick-fil-A® Combo Meal coupons starting at $69.
* Following the Hawks-Pistons game on 12/23, Atlanta waived forward Matt Frieje The 610 Frieje averaged 2.1 points and 1.3 rebounds (.296 FT%, .833 FT%) in 19 games.
* Forward Josh Smith is expected to miss the next two-to-four weeks following surgery to repair a hernia on 12/26.
* The Hawks took on the Pistons on 12/23 with 10 healthy players Players missing the game with a variety of ailments included Josh Childress (sore left foot), Speedy Claxton (back), Josh Smith (hernia), Tyronn Lue (groin) and Zaza Pachulia (elbow).
* Hawks rookies Shelden Williams and Solomon Jones each recorded double-doubles at Detroit on 12/23 Williams posted 11 points and career-high-tying 15 rebounds for his second dub-dub of the year Jones tallied 10 points and career-best 10 boards for his first career double-double.
* Joe Johnson needs four three-pointers to tie Doc Rivers for 6th on the Hawks all-time list with 185.
* Josh Smith leads the Hawks with 11 double-doubles this season (t17th in NBA) Zaza Pachulia ranks second with 5, followed by Speedy Claxton and Shelden Williams with 2 apiece.
* Joe Johnson has scored 30-plus points on a team-leading 10 occasions this season Johnson ranks 6th in the NBA at 27.7 points per game.
* Guard Royal Ivey grabbed a career-high 7 rebounds against the Pistons on 12/23, while seeing a career-best 33 minutes of action.
Why did we waive Freije?
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4