Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MJ's terrible sense of fashion hits tipping point: gets banned from golf club (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282812)

Mirko Cro Cop 11-29-2012 09:54 AM

MJ's terrible sense of fashion hits tipping point: gets banned from golf club

Quote:

"Michael was wearing cargo pants on the course," said a spy. Jordan's multipocketed pants were apparently against the dress code that, sources say, dictates that members and guests must be attired in a collared shirt and Bermuda shorts. But when 6-foot, 6-inch Jordan was offered a chance to change outfits, he demurred.

"He was given the chance to change but he didn't want to," a source said. The source added that Jordan, who was enjoying a round at the club with one of its members, played on anyway. The source added that members complained about Jordan breaking the rules and, "He won't be invited back."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-d...638--golf.html

:lol

GOAT ftw

It's A VC3!!! 11-29-2012 10:01 AM

Re: MJ's terrible sense of fashion hits tipping point: gets banned from golf club

"On most occasions, wearing a pair of cargo shorts for a round at your local muni track is acceptable, but when you're playing at a swanky club in Miami, you're expected to wear a pair of khakis that don't have baggy pockets".

Because of baggy pockets? Really? What stupid management. I guess they wanted publicity. No other reason then to kick one of the most recognizable people in the world from your venue because of "baggy pockets".:facepalm

devin112 11-29-2012 10:12 AM

Re: MJ's terrible sense of fashion hits tipping point: gets banned from golf club

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
"On most occasions, wearing a pair of cargo shorts for a round at your local muni track is acceptable, but when you're playing at a swanky club in Miami, you're expected to wear a pair of khakis that don't have baggy pockets".

Because of baggy pockets? Really? What stupid management. I guess they wanted publicity. No other reason then to kick one of the most recognizable people in the world from your venue because of "baggy pockets".:facepalm

They didn't kick him out. What do you want management to do anyways? He was there with a friend who was part of the club and club members complained. It would be stupid to ignore paying members. People in Florida love golf, having 23 at your club won't make or break you.

Rake2204 11-29-2012 10:20 AM

I wonder who complained and how such complaints were worded. It seems a little silly in theory.

Dear Management,

I am growing increasingly concerned with the recent influx in pants, particularly those with additional pockets. There was a time where I could play a round knowing full well each of my colleagues would be wearing Bermuda shorts. Now, I never know what to expect. This has been weighing heavily upon my mind as of late and I'd appreciate the proper steps being taken.

Sincerely,

Pantsless in Miami

longhornfan1234 11-29-2012 10:25 AM

Cargo shorts? Wtf, MJ? :facepalm Cargo shorts are awful.

rufuspaul 11-29-2012 10:35 AM

I love country clubs and their ridiculous rules. They can't keep the blacks and jews out anymore but they draw the line at how many pockets you can have.

NumberSix 11-29-2012 10:38 AM

Wut da fuq are "baggy pockets"? :confusedshrug:

DuMa 11-29-2012 10:51 AM

hey country club, you mad?

bmulls 11-29-2012 11:47 AM

Cargo shorts are lame but any grown man who feels compelled to complain about the GOAT's fashion choices is a huge phagg0t.

Da KO King 11-29-2012 12:19 PM

You guys are some sycophantic fools. Michael Jordan's status (real or media made) as a NBA player has nothing to do with how he should be treated at a country club. They have a dress code and he decided to ignore it.

guy 11-29-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I love country clubs and their ridiculous rules. They can't keep the blacks and jews out anymore but they draw the line at how many pockets you can have.

They probably feel like if they could figure out a way to get White America's favorite black person ever out of their club, then no black person would even consider trying being part of that club.

AngelEyes 11-29-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devin112
They didn't kick him out. What do you want management to do anyways? He was there with a friend who was part of the club and club members complained. It would be stupid to ignore paying members. People in Florida love golf, having 23 at your club won't make or break you.

Who in their right mind would complain about such a thing. What kind of elitist scumbag pricks do they have at these country clubs?

Spaulding 11-29-2012 12:25 PM

Rules are rules. If you don't like them play somewhere else.

embersyc 11-29-2012 12:29 PM

"And then I said, he got to change them cargo pants, or he got to go. MJ them baggy pockets is turrible."

winwin 11-29-2012 12:35 PM

cargo pants baggy pockets