Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   drew gooden to the spurs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123196)

spursdynasty420 03-03-2009 10:12 PM

drew gooden to the spurs

Drew Gooden to the spurs per ESPN. what does everyone think about this?? Definately another scorer down low next to timmy that we didnt have. but what about his defense?? just dont know.... We dont have any other inside scoring big men besides timmy. so it adds that

Cannonball 03-03-2009 10:14 PM

Re: drew gooden to the spurs

Quote:

Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
Drew Gooden to the spurs per ESPN. what does everyone think about this?? Definately another scorer down low next to timmy that we didnt have. but what about his defense?? just dont know.... We dont have any other inside scoring big men besides timmy. so it adds that

cavs better get joe smith thats what i think about it.

Indian guy 03-03-2009 10:15 PM

Popovich will end up killing him within a week. Gooden's a black hole and the WORST on defense. I don't see him getting much playing time. You have no idea how bad he is until he starts playing for your team.

LBJames2010 03-03-2009 10:15 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

OneMoreSucka 03-03-2009 10:15 PM

I don't think he'll have that much of an impact with that team. And he just doesn't look right in a spurs uniform :confusedshrug:

spursdynasty420 03-03-2009 10:18 PM

He might be useful for 5-8 mins in the playoffs

qrich 03-03-2009 10:18 PM

Gooden's going to provide a good post option, and everytime I've seen him play, he seems to have a nose for the ball when it comes to offensive rebounds, and thats obviously a positive.

Mississippi 03-03-2009 10:21 PM

I thought he was injured.

1~Gibson~1 03-03-2009 10:21 PM

Will Gooden start, or come off the bench.

IMO i'd make him come off the bench since you've already had so much success without him.

Indian guy 03-03-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Gooden's going to provide a good post option, and everytime I've seen him play, he seems to have a nose for the ball when it comes to offensive rebounds, and thats obviously a positive.

He IS a good rebounder I will give him that.

qrich 03-03-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
Will Gooden start, or come off the bench.

IMO i'd make him come off the bench since we've already had so much success without him.

We?

niko 03-03-2009 10:24 PM

He's certainly not a bad pickup, and on offense his rebounding and energy will be good. He's deceptive though, you'll think "hey he's not that bad on defense at all" the first few weeks unless you have a big game and he has a real matchup, then you'll watch him move IN SLOW MOTION to cover his guy as they do spectacular dunks as he isn't even in the picture. I look forward to the first sideway glance from Duncan, like WTF - can you please cover your man?

And when that happens, you pull him. So not a bad pickup at all.

Al Thornton 03-03-2009 10:25 PM

Nice pickup for the Spurs, he should be able to fill the 4 spot off the bench nicely and give less minutes to Thomas/Bonner

1~Gibson~1 03-03-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
We?

u get what i mean :lol

Mississippi 03-03-2009 10:27 PM

He'll look great playing next to Duncan. Timmy is making Bonner look like Dirk Nowitzki and Roger Mason look like Reggie Miller so just imagine what he can do for Gooden who actually has talent.