Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Lasting Dominance / GREG ODEN in Suns uniform (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7952)

Pat Burke is GOD 08-09-2006 08:43 PM

Lasting Dominance / GREG ODEN in Suns uniform

I know this maybe a little early to be thinking about (seeing as how the 06-07 season has not even sarted) but I have heard alot of noise from Sarver and Dantoni about lasting and sustaining dominance and I have some questions and ideas.

Our 07 draft:
Atlanta's pick (top three protected)
Boston's pick (is it protected ???)
Our own pick
and one other I believe just dont remember where it's coming from
----(PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, NOT SO SURE THIS IS TOTALLY ACRUATE)---------

Here's what we do:
1.Package break the bank Marion with a lottery pick (Atlanta's)for number 1 pick
2.Draft Greg Oden :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
3.With cash saved maintain current roster and start looking for Nash's replacement (Assuming Banks is not viewed as long term pg to build future on and I dont believe he is)

07-08 Line Up
C - Oden (I'll start the chants now Oooooden, Ooooooden, Oooooden)
PF - Amare
SF - Diaw
SG - Barbosa / Bell
PG - Nash / Banks

This would dynasty statues team with flexability. Get some role guys and your talking a team rivialing the Boston great teams, Bulls great team, and Lakers great teams.

So if there is anyone out there who is close to the Suns Admin. put the bug in there ear, lets make this happen! (Like there is anyone that cool hanging out on this message board) Oh, and by the way I would be willing to accept an offer to be Colangelo Jr's rerplacement for the right price.

I would LOVE to hear other ideas about how the Suns can go about creating lasting dominance and if Greg Oden is a possibility for the future.

PS if my reasoning is flawed please let me know!

Rapsfan4life 08-09-2006 08:45 PM

whoever will get the first pick, wont trade it, i can tell you that right now

bigboi_baller 08-09-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapsfan4life

never say never...a couple of years ago i remember dr. buss saying he would never trade shaq...

Rapsfan4life 08-09-2006 10:30 PM

i dont remember someone trading the 1st overall pick, its rare, and with all this hype surrounding Oden, it becomes even less likely

Run&Gun=Fun 08-09-2006 11:06 PM

Suns get Cavs pick...don't know about Bostons.

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapsfan4life

yeah because they all know they all want oden. i just hope he wont turn it all wont turn into the wizards kwame brown kurse

The Italian 08-10-2006 01:30 AM

No way that Atlanta would trade the 1st pick if they got it. Nobody will trade that pick just like we all knew that there was no way that Cleveland would trade the 1st pick back in 2003.

kobedaman24 08-10-2006 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Italian
No way that Atlanta would trade the 1st pick if they got it. Nobody will trade that pick just like we all knew that there was no way that Cleveland would trade the 1st pick back in 2003.

yeah Atlanta would probably get Oden even if they 4 big guys.

Pat Burke is GOD 08-10-2006 04:56 PM

If Oden's out of the question any other ideas?

sixty 08-11-2006 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobedaman24
yeah because they all know they all want oden. i just hope he wont turn it all wont turn into the wizards kwame brown kurse

Very slim chance of "Kwame scenario" here IMO.

qwerty 08-11-2006 04:36 PM

nvm, wrong team.

CVMerlot954 08-11-2006 05:49 PM

If it's a top 3 pick, Atlanta will keep it.. If it's a 4 or lower, the pick will go to Phx,.. So I don't think that Phx will get Oden. If anything, I think it'll either be Portland, Toronto, Charlotte, Atlanta, Boston, Houston, or Seattle that'll get the top draft pick. Houston is probably the only team in that list that might not be in the lottery, if they can have an injury free season... The other teams, have too many young players, and not enough experience.. But we'll see how the season starts and ends.

wally_world 08-12-2006 12:42 PM

Marion for a draft pick??? i don't think so... is Oden really that great???

Rab 08-12-2006 02:44 PM

I don't think any team that has the chance to select Oden will give that chance up. Big men are a dying breed. If you have the chance to get one such as Oden, you take the chance.

AIR SETH 08-12-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rab
I don't think any team that has the chance to select Oden will give that chance up. Big men are a dying breed. If you have the chance to get one such as Oden, you take the chance.

Exactly.

Greg Oden is also a defensive orientated Center and I read that he now spends most of his time working on his shot. Oden is very athletic at 7 feet 245 pounds (That would be a great fit for the Suns:D ) He is being really hyped up as a player but I think it is fair, he is going to be a great player in the league someday.

Also, I have read that Oden takes education very seriously and he is rumoured to be staying in college for the full four years to get his degree. If he does stay in college for four years he is going to be an amazing player when he comes into the draft.

I would love to see Oden in a Suns uniform but the chances of that happening are very very low.