Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Life is like...... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296723)

hateraid 04-18-2013 03:04 PM

Life is like......

Post your favorite or make up your own "Life is like..." analogy

Here's one I made up:

"Life is like poker. If you're too aggressive you'll likely end up getting busted. If you're too tight you'll have the life sucked out of you. Take risks, manage your money, study and respect others, have fun and the the game/life will pay off. And remember to have a couple of beers between each hand" ~ hateraid

ILLsmak 04-18-2013 04:08 PM

Re: Life is like......

I can shoot off life-related sayings, but I can't think of a life is like off the top of my head. Folder search haha.

Mine is wack, "Life is a lot more like poker than chess; they say success is effort, failure is fate, and it's only a game when you are winning."

-Smak

CeltsGarlic 04-18-2013 04:17 PM

Life is like bag of chips. I like chips.

rufuspaul 04-18-2013 04:21 PM

Life is like a kick in the crotch. It hurts at the beginning, then you feel numb, then it hurts again and then it's over.

ZeN 04-18-2013 04:22 PM

Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.

-p.tiddy- 04-18-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hateraid
Post your favorite or make up your own "Life is like..." analogy

Here's one I made up:

"Life is like poker. If you're too aggressive you'll likely end up getting busted. If you're too tight you'll have the life sucked out of you. Take risks, manage your money, study and respect others, have fun and the the game/life will pay off. And remember to have a couple of beers between each hand" ~ hateraid

-and the hand you are dealt at the beginning is pure luck...forced to work with what you are given

CeltsGarlic 04-18-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Life is like a kick in the crotch. It hurts at the beginning, then you feel numb, then it hurts again and then it's over.

Best so far :lol

OhNoTimNoSho 04-18-2013 04:49 PM

...Being jerked off by a dude... its mostly uncomfortable but if you lay back and relax you might enjoy it.

pauk 04-18-2013 04:52 PM

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

embersyc 04-18-2013 05:05 PM

Life is like a life is like saying, it has no point, but passes the time.

CeltsGarlic 04-18-2013 05:13 PM

Life is like a like, you might like it but probably you like it cause like the chick.

Batz 04-18-2013 05:15 PM

Life is like basketball sometime there shot miss and sometime there shot make sometime there dribble and fall to the ground of to the court but if you alway have a patient then you will alway make more then you miss.

JEFFERSON MONEY 04-18-2013 05:17 PM

Life is like a starface... it always inflicts pain on the weak, appalls you with how hideous and terrible it is, but just when you think it couldn't get any worse a glint of sunshine appears and there's hope for another brighter day.

Life is like dog food.... everyone around you teaches you to do things to not enjoy it, whether it be getting a job or getting into a draining relationship or being obedient and controlled, but at the end of the day disregarding others and snacking on it is pretty damn pleasant.

Life is like a vaji... I mean. woman.... It's an amazing 30 seconds that take your breath away than its straight back to hell.

Life is like Fortuna.. she favors the bold and the reckless and rewards those who treat her bad.

Life is like Parmesan Garlic Cheez Its... it leaves imprints on your fingers and kills you but at the end of the day it's whatever flavor you like and it is delightful as long as you're man enough to open the box and retrieve em.

LamarOdom 04-18-2013 05:24 PM

Life is like what sucks the most.

Life is like the life of toilet paper, you get produced only to get shitted on

Electric Slide 04-18-2013 05:34 PM

Life is like a beach I'm just playing in the sand.