Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What percentage of posters lie about their age? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275018)

G.O.A.T 08-18-2012 04:17 PM

What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
I am stunned how often I'll go to put someone whose intelligence, grammar, and behavior is that of a 13-14 year old and their profile says they are 28-40 years old...

I know they are lying because anyone that age who is that stupid surely never figured out how to use the internet.

Also if anyone over the age of 22 ever posts a "u mad" image, they should kill themselves.

No one really does that right?

liquidrage 08-18-2012 04:19 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
I don't think I've ever posted "u mad?" but I post a ton of stupid stuff and am 38. At issue is that, to me, the internet is one place I can blow off steam and act like a jerk sometimes. All the pent up frustration from work ya dig?

NuggetsFan 08-18-2012 04:20 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
I have no clue why somebody would fake their age. It's a basketball forum, not a bar. Really no advantage to being older.

Umad101 08-18-2012 04:22 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
I'm 21

Problem?

Knicksfever2010 08-18-2012 04:22 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidrage
I don't think I've ever posted "u mad?" but I post a ton of stupid stuff and am 38. At issue is that, to me, the internet is one place I can blow off steam and act like a jerk sometimes. All the pent up frustration from work ya dig?


wait hold on, you're saying people act like jerks on the internet? THE HECK YOU SAY!

ihoopallday 08-18-2012 04:22 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
I'm 20. Is that too young for ISH? Btw, I agree those "u mad" pics are childish.

TheMarkMadsen 08-18-2012 04:22 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I have no clue why somebody would fake their age. It's a basketball forum, not a bar. Really no advantage to being older.



Bu..bu..bu.. but older people are cool :pimp:

liquidrage 08-18-2012 04:22 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
wait hold on, you're saying people act like jerks on the internet? THE HECK YOU SAY!


Only when I'm drunk! Or thinking about getting drunk.

G.O.A.T 08-18-2012 04:23 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidrage
I don't think I've ever posted "u mad?" but I post a ton of stupid stuff and am 38. At issue is that, to me, the internet is one place I can blow off steam and act like a jerk sometimes. All the pent up frustration from work ya dig?


No. I stopped doing that when I was like 18 and the internet was brand new.

Get a membership to a gym and workout or join a rec sports league to blow off steam. Don't antagonize anonymous people for no reason. I don't see how any well-adjusted adult would think that's a worthwhile pursuit.

Also there is a never a good reason to act like a jerk for the sake of acting like a jerk. That's what teenagers do before they grow up.

NuggetsFan 08-18-2012 04:24 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Bu..bu..bu.. but older people are cool :pimp:


I'm 21, what would telling people I'm 30 serve? Why would an 18 year old want to lie and be 21? I get the advantages offline, but on a msg board it makes no sense to me.

OmniStrife 08-18-2012 04:24 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
I'm 24. But I don't mind people having some fun around here.
It's just a forum, don't take it too seriously.

NuggetsFan 08-18-2012 04:25 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.O.A.T

Also there is a never a good reason to act like a jerk for the sake of acting like a jerk. That's what teenagers do before they grow up.


Not really. Assholes come in all ages.

liquidrage 08-18-2012 04:27 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
No. I stopped doing that when I was like 18 and the internet was brand new.

Get a membership to a gym and workout or join a rec sports league to blow off steam. Don't antagonize anonymous people for no reason. I don't see how any well-adjusted adult would think that's a worthwhile pursuit.

Also there is a never a good reason to act like a jerk for the sake of acting like a jerk. That's what teenagers do before they grow up.



I don't agree with you. Basically I think you're a conceded asshole that believes your way is the right way even though it's completely subjective. When you get older you'll learn to not worry about what other people do or say and focus on yourself.

BlueandGold 08-18-2012 04:28 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
I am stunned how often I'll go to put someone whose intelligence, grammar, and behavior is that of a 13-14 year old and their profile says they are 28-40 years old...

I know they are lying because anyone that age who is that stupid surely never figured out how to use the internet.

Also if anyone over the age of 22 ever posts a "u mad" image, they should kill themselves.

No one really does that right?

I certainly have, although people that have seen me post obviously know that's few and far between. Truthfully speaking I'm 24 years old. I don't see why anybody over 22 would lie about their age because after a while you feel pathetic being in your 20s yet arguing with 15 y/o's on a basketball forum. The only reason people post those gifs is the comedic value of it. I personally literally lol quite a bit when a flame war ensures in a thread in which it eventually degrades into a gif/u mad posting war.

The_Yearning 08-18-2012 04:29 PM

Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?
 
Makes a thread about people's ages.

Doesn't state his own age.

U mad?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy