Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250817)

Carbine 02-05-2012 10:56 PM

Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

:applause:

knickballer 02-05-2012 11:00 PM

Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

yea.. Now all the people who bashed him will be on his cawk 24/7 claiming he always was elite..

ughh

DMV2 02-05-2012 11:03 PM

Greatest postseason QB ever or is that still on Montana? :confusedshrug:

Carbine 02-05-2012 11:05 PM

I don't know where Eli ranks and all that, but he sure plays his ass off in big games.

GOBB 02-05-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMV2

:oldlol: Eli being in the same room as Joe Montana. Stop

knickballer 02-05-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMV2

Montana has 4 rings dude...

But I had Eli as a top 4-5 QB in October... just sayin

DUP 02-05-2012 11:09 PM

eli was the man but lets not boost

RaininTwos 02-05-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUP
eli was the man but lets not boost

this.

imdaman99 02-05-2012 11:15 PM

i dont give a shit about this top 5 QBs ever discussions. all i know is that with the team down 3-4 points with 3 mins or less left, no one else id rather have than eli unflappable manning <3

keep giving us championships with amazing playoff runs eli, you already hold the key to the city

Rameek 02-05-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
Montana has 4 rings dude...

But I had Eli as a top 4-5 QB in October... just sayin

Bro you say the most useless things everywhere you go:facepalm

Eli has had a fantastic season culminating in a SB MVP. But Eli has not been the model of consistency during the regular season in his career.

This greatest ever and Montana stuff needs to be tabled.

HighFlyer23 02-05-2012 11:57 PM

he looks like an inbred retard

niko 02-06-2012 12:04 AM

Eli probably became a hall of fame QB tonight. But he's not in the top 5 class. He needs to do things still, even more amazing things, and have regular season consistency to even be allowed in the conversation. I doubt (highly) he ever would make it into the conversation, and he'll never be brady, never be montana. Thats a bit much to ask.

BUT HE PROBABLY BECAME A HALL OF FAME QB tonight. Anyone who thinks that is not enough needs to get a grip.

LockoutOver11 02-06-2012 12:07 AM

NY SON!!!! Eli finally didnt throw those Eli Marys that scare the shit outta Giant fans.

Carbine 02-06-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Eli probably became a hall of fame QB tonight. But he's not in the top 5 class. He needs to do things still, even more amazing things, and have regular season consistency to even be allowed in the conversation. I doubt (highly) he ever would make it into the conversation, and he'll never be brady, never be montana. Thats a bit much to ask.

BUT HE PROBABLY BECAME A HALL OF FAME QB tonight. Anyone who thinks that is not enough needs to get a grip.

The only thing keeping him from the elite category is consistent play from year to year. He's coming off a fantastic year, it won't surprise me if he's in that elite category by the end of next regular season in most peoples mind.

Right now he's in the Ei-Burger zone overall, I think, which is still fantastic....but I do question even putting him there because I honestly would put him up vs. any QB in a BIG GAME, which matters a lot to me, so maybe he's at the bottom of the elite group. I don't know.

imdaman99 02-06-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
The only thing keeping him from the elite category is consistent play from year to year. He's coming off a fantastic year, it won't surprise me if he's in that elite category by the end of next regular season in most peoples mind.

Right now he's in the Ei-Burger zone overall, I think, which is still fantastic....but I do question even putting him there because I honestly would put him up vs. any QB in a BIG GAME, which matters a lot to me, so maybe he's at the bottom of the elite group. I don't know.

I think it's time to put him above big ben, even if its by a millimeter. Big Ben played horrible in his 1st super bowl win. But their careers could def be comparable.