Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Xavier Henry Might Be Decommiting Soon (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133971)

Interminator 06-01-2009 04:44 PM

Xavier Henry Might Be Decommiting Soon

I'm still looking for a Link, but there are a lot of substantial rumors going around claiming that Xavier & his father are upset over promises that havent been kept by Bill Self at Kansas.

Kentucky Pusscat fans are going nuts on their board as if Xavier to KY is almost a done deal.

Grinder 06-01-2009 04:50 PM

Re: Xavier Henry Might Be Decommiting Soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
I'm still looking for a Link, but there are a lot of substantial rumors going around claiming that Xavier & his father are upset over promises that havent been kept by Bill Self at Kansas.

Kentucky Pusscat fans are going nuts on their board as if Xavier to KY is almost a done deal.

I've been hearing the same thing. Henry decommiting from Kansas leads Kentucky as his most likely destination and Jodie Meeks will definitely not be back if that's the case.

Interminator 06-01-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
I've been hearing the same thing. Henry decommiting from Kansas leads Kentucky as his most likely destination and Jodie Meeks will definitely not be back if that's the case.

On another site they claim his father is heading out to UCLA to check out the school.

Xavier's recruitment is ridiculous, his father sounds like hes going around looking for an Asst coaching job as well.

UConnCeltics 06-01-2009 06:19 PM

Too big an ego... some kids would be blessed and do anything to be offered from a school like that of Kansas, and Henry is just using schools like whores right now.

Interminator 06-01-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Too big an ego... some kids would be blessed and do anything to be offered from a school like that of Kansas, and Henry si just using schools like whores right now.

Its not just Xavier, his father Carl has been handling the recruitment process.

He completely eliminated both Oklahoma schools as options for them, although they're from Oklahoma City.:oldlol:

Now it looks like Carl wants promises to be made for Xavier & CJ, and since Xavier hasnt signed his LOI with Kansas he can go elsewhere.

This is a bad sign for college basketball, this mentor/agent/parent thing seems to become increasingly present now.

memphismania101 06-01-2009 06:45 PM

Carl Henry is almost as bad as Lance Sr.

UConnCeltics 06-01-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
This is a bad sign for college basketball, this mentor/agent/parent thing seems to become increasingly present now.

It is. I think they should get rid of the one year of college rule. If the kids think they are ready for the NBA, let them go. No reason to hold back the Kobe's, Lebron's, KG's, and Dwight Howard's of the world. Of course there will be some who should not have gone, but that doesn't matter. This would only help the college game. Only the kids who truly want to play college ball will be there.

Interminator 06-01-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
It is. I think they should get rid of the one year of college rule. If the kids think they are ready for the NBA, let them go. No reason to hold back the Kobe's, Lebron's, KG's, and Dwight Howard's of the world. Of course there will be some who should not have gone, but that doesn't matter. This would only help the college game. Only the kids who truly want to play college ball will be there.

I actually think they should help promote the NBDL by allowing players to use that route, HS players would be allowed to be drafted in the NBA Draft but they have to spend 1/2 of the season at the NBDL affiliate before they are promoted.

Csmooove23 06-01-2009 08:29 PM

If he goes to UK it's going to be a wrap

Posterize246 06-01-2009 09:39 PM

Would UK even have the room for him and CJ both? And what kind of promises could Self not be keeping before Xavier's even on campus?

UConnCeltics 06-02-2009 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Csmooove23
If he goes to UK it's going to be a wrap

If he goes to UK they wold have to kick 5 guys off.

A.M.G. 06-02-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
And what kind of promises could Self not be keeping before Xavier's even on campus?

This question. It smells extremely fishy. I mean, why can`t a kid just go to college without getting all sorts of benefits? The NCAA should crack down on this sort of nepotism, just knock the **** out of it. Like just throw kids out of schools, fine the **** out of schools and coaches, make it stop.

So I ask the same question, what sort of promises were made, and are they the sort that are allowed under NCAA regulations?

BTW, this is the exact kind of **** that is going to come with Lance Stephenson to whatever school he goes to. Schools and coaches are just as guilty as the players and their leech-like mentors/agents/parents, they should not be willing to violate NCAA regulations and take this kind of **** from recruits, but they do because they will be fired if they don`t win, and they need top recruits to win.

Interminator 06-02-2009 02:41 PM

Confirmed.

Carl Henry says both sons are still going to Kansas.
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/j...coming-kansas/

jhawkin 07-29-2009 07:44 AM

Yeah it is has been reported to ESPN that Xavier is transferring to Montana State University to play on the water polo team.......

TheGame414 07-29-2009 04:32 PM

You don't need to pointlessly pull up every old thread that is Kansas-related.