Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "opposing teams can thank us now."- Wade (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186342)

G-Funk 08-05-2010 01:55 PM

"opposing teams can thank us now."- Wade

"And even on the road, because every place is going to sell out when we come to town. So [opposing teams] can thank us now." - Dwyane Wade

"We're going to give Miami a show every night. And on the road every place is going to sell out when we come to town, so they can thank us now."- Dwyane Wade

It's arrogant and just reinforces what most people think about the Miami Heat right now — that they're all full of themselves.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-260202

wally_world 08-05-2010 01:58 PM

Re: "opposing teams can thank us now."- Wade

Looks like he's been hanging out with LeBallz alot

Lakers13 08-05-2010 02:01 PM

Yeah, they can thank you for one night of the year your team shows up to sell out their arena.

Toronto and Cleveland should said "fuck you" letters for now causing lower attendance in theirs.

bokes15 08-05-2010 02:01 PM

Wade has now officially achieved Bron status. Every time he takes a shit it's news.

Disaprine 08-05-2010 02:02 PM

:roll:

Snoop_Cat 08-05-2010 02:02 PM

:facepalm

All this facepalming really can't be good for my brain-cells.. especially since I facepalm with extra force when sh*t like this comes up.

Mr Clutch Melo 08-05-2010 02:03 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: '

People getting mad about Wade telling the truth:oldlol:

Haters gonna hate

BFRESH44 08-05-2010 02:04 PM

Yawn. Welcome to July.

Wade made these comments in the press conference the day after they signed. This is a spin article from an author trying to create controversy.

Horatio33 08-05-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
:facepalm

All this facepalming really can't be good for my brain-cells.. especially since I facepalm with extra force when sh*t like this comes up.

I agree, I bet Cleveland and Toronto are going to have standing ovations when the Heat come to town. How shielded from reality are these guys?

niko 08-05-2010 02:06 PM

We are sold out every game in NY, but thank's anyway - you are still welcome to come.

Meticode 08-05-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
:roll: :roll: :roll: '

People getting mad about Wade telling the truth:oldlol:

Haters gonna hate

It's not the truth that are bothering people, it's Wade saying they can thank us now. It makes him come off like a dick.

But I'm all for it, it'll just make the games that much more entertaining. Now all we need is actual defense to be played in this game and let players get knocked on their ass like from the 80s and 90s.

Lakers13 08-05-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
We are sold out every game in NY, but thank's anyway - you are still welcome to come.

Selling out arenas is new to Wade and Miami :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar 08-05-2010 02:09 PM

More than a couple of teams are selling out those games but will have record low assistance in the other games.

Balance is negative I predict

bokes15 08-05-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko

When do Knicks single season tickets go on sale usually?

praneel 08-05-2010 02:12 PM

I agree that this is a silly thing to say. But we have to remember these guys in Miami say lots of things: good things, bad things, funny things, etc. but only the inflammatory comments are the ones that get the headlines.

So we probably must take into consideration the context of what he was saying instead of just a small line in what was probably a longer convo.

But, nonetheless, this guy is saying some ignorant stuff. Please stop, you are giving people more reasons to dislike you, and that aint good for the NBA. This isn't WWE where there are good guys vs bad guys. This is ballers vs ballers and we don't need a bad guy to root against. Don't become the bad guy, because we will say goodnight to the bad guy.

But what he is saying is mostly true, they will become a game that everyone already circled on the calendar. That don't mean you have to be arrogant about it.