Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NBA motto: "Where amazing happens," has been defined so far this season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63541)

kobedaman24 11-19-2007 05:43 PM

NBA motto: "Where amazing happens," has been defined so far this season

Teams who we never expected to do as well as they have have emerged.

Who would have thought (until KG) showed up, that the Celtics would have been 8-0 till their 9th game.

The Lakers, while being surrounded by Kobe trade rumors all offseason long, have manged to maintain a 6-3 record WHILE Kobe (IMO) is playing very unselfish basketball.

And my personal favorite, the Magic, who are currently 9-2 edged the undefeated Celtics. Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that they would have played the way they are right now 2nd in the Eastern Conference? I sure didn't.

New Orleans has been a shocker as well. 9-2!! That team is playing some really good basketball, which is why they're on a 5 game winning streak and currently have the highest record in the West.

I just wanted to point out that the slogan, "Where amazing happens," has been defined so far.

If there are any other things that have happened so far in the season, feel free to state them.

C.L.W. "DatDude" 11-19-2007 05:46 PM

Re: NBA motto: "Where amazing happens," has been defined so far this season

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Teams who we never expected to do as well as they have have emerged.

Who would have thought (until KG) showed up, that the Celtics would have been 8-0 till their 9th game.

The Lakers, while being surrounded by Kobe trade rumors all offseason long, have manged to maintain a 6-3 record WHILE Kobe (IMO) is playing very unselfish basketball.

And my personal favorite, the Magic, who are currently 9-2 edged the undefeated Celtics. Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that they would have played the way they are right now 2nd in the Eastern Conference? I sure didn't.

New Orleans has been a shocker as well. 9-2!! That team is playing some really good basketball, which is why they're on a 5 game winning streak and currently have the highest record in the West.

I just wanted to point out that the slogan, "Where amazing happens," has been defined so far.

If there are any other things that have happened so far in the season, feel free to state them.

Its a little early. The Magic started off on a good foot last year and ended up a 7th seed and the Hornets started off well too, but injuries changed every thing. If these teams can continue to do well up until All-Star break I can see them as contenders.

Chuck Thou NBA 11-19-2007 05:47 PM

The Celtics lost?! To the Orlando Magic? Damn! The NBA really is amazing!

brwnman 11-19-2007 05:47 PM

Orlando goes as .......... Jameer Nelson goes...

and I told y'all Nawleans was going to be a surprise team...

C.L.W. "DatDude" 11-19-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brwnman
Orlando goes as .......... Jameer Nelson goes...

and I told y'all Nawleans was going to be a surprise team...

Surprise to you, but I knew we had talent. Its all about staying healthy. We need our big three CP3, D. West, and Chandler to stay healthy.

We have a good bench as well with Ely, B. Jackson, Pargo, and Butler. We could end up at least 5 in the West hopefully.

brwnman 11-19-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.L.W. "DatDude"
Surprise to you, but I knew we had talent. Its all about staying healthy. We need our big three CP3, D. West, and Chandler to stay healthy.

We have a good bench as well with Ely, B. Jackson, Pargo, and Butler. We could end up at least 5 in the West hopefully.

surprise to me? how is it a surprise to me, when I was the one who said they'll be a surprise team to everybody else :S... people weren't expecting them to make the playoffs or keeping them like the 8th seed...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51118

^ there is the 'lil article-ish thingy from me...

C.L.W. "DatDude" 11-19-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brwnman
surprise to me? how is it a surprise to me, when I was the one who said they'll be a surprise team to everybody else :S... people weren't expecting them to make the playoffs or keeping them like the 8th seed...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51118

^ there is the 'lil article-ish thingy from me...

Well you are a very smart guy, I hope we make it but we will go as far as CP3 takes us.

kobedaman24 11-19-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.L.W. "DatDude"
Its a little early. The Magic started off on a good foot last year and ended up a 7th seed and the Hornets started off well too, but injuries changed every thing. If these teams can continue to do well up until All-Star break I can see them as contenders.

Yes, I know.. which is why I state the words: so, far, this, season.. in the thread title.