Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   APPARENTLY.....MJ is doing some work (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200815)

Timmeh 12-12-2010 12:08 PM

APPARENTLY.....MJ is doing some work

I saw on the little ESPN marquee that scrolls along the bottom of the TV screen that MJ has been talking with the Nuggets about trading for Carmelo Anthony. Right now, I can't find anything else on it, but I did see it....twice....so it exists.

It does provide good discussion. Good idea or bad? If good, who goes? Almost certainly Boris and either Wallace or Jackson, which at this point, I don't care. I was one of those guys who thought GW was the one guy that was untradeable, but now, we need success.

Talent 12-12-2010 12:31 PM

Re: APPARENTLY.....MJ is doing some work

I just want to clear this team up. Too many unlikable players clashing with each other. No leader at all in the locker room.

onewickedlady 12-12-2010 08:03 PM

I think that everyone ought to be on the trading block (except T2 and Jack) unless the real answer lies in getting a new coach. :confusedshrug:

liverpooty 12-12-2010 10:45 PM

Everyone should be on trading block except for Thomas. Jackson is beginning to get up there in age and his temper is insane. I think its time to start over and use Jackson and/or Wallace to try and get rid of some of these horrific contracts (Diop). Maybe get a couple nice draft picks and build the way Oklahoma City did. Strictly thru the draft.

rufuspaul 12-13-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liverpooty
Everyone should be on trading block except for Thomas. Jackson is beginning to get up there in age and his temper is insane. I think its time to start over and use Jackson and/or Wallace to try and get rid of some of these horrific contracts (Diop). Maybe get a couple nice draft picks and build the way Oklahoma City did. Strictly thru the draft.

I would agree with that except that our drafting track record is abysmal. We seem to have better luck with trades. Look at the Celtics, the only drafted player on their roster is Paul Pierce.

onewickedlady 12-13-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I would agree with that except that our drafting track record is abysmal. We seem to have better luck with trades. Look at the Celtics, the only drafted player on their roster is Paul Pierce.

My thoughts, exactly. Except for the bit about Paul Pierce, which I didn't know. MJ didn't use his own money--lots of his own money--to purchase a pathetic, losing team. And I can't see that he's going to sit on his laurels and watch himself lose money for an entire season. Me-thinks he'll make some changes. Building through draft picks will take too long. Better to use some of our better players packaged with Diop as trade bait, as was earlier suggested.

Quizno 12-14-2010 01:00 AM

i know that trading crash may result in us having a better team (well, depending on who we get him for and who we package him with), but i like him too much as a player to want to see him go :(

acidbasesalt 12-14-2010 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizno
i know that trading crash may result in us having a better team (well, depending on who we get him for and who we package him with), but i like him too much as a player to want to see him go :(

no pain, no gain

rufuspaul 12-14-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizno

Both me and my daughter sport #3 jerseys at the games and I can't afford to buy new ones.:oldlol:

I'd hate to see Crash go but something's gotta give.