Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boston Celtics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Iverson prediction (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7861)

AndyDufrain 08-08-2006 10:49 PM

Iverson prediction

Okay, I've thought about this for a long time, and I've come to this conclusion:

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

There is already a trade in place to bring Allen Iverson to Boston.

So you ask, "Okay sure, then why isn't he wearing green".

The reason is this: The deal was completed on draft day, but it involves either Theo Ratliff and/or Sebastian Telfair, who cannot be traded for 60 days after they were traded to the Celtics.

My guess is that the reason we signed Allan Ray and Pittsnoggle is because we will be shipping out much more players than we'll be receiving. It's amazing that we came into the draft with no picks and now have four rookies.

We can always specualte about who else is involved, but there's really no point. It could be anyone not named Paul Pierce

sixerfan3511 08-09-2006 12:10 AM

ai is staying, so stop thinking hes goin to u guys. The only time he was goin to u guys was for foye, and u let him go for telfair so the deal is off

qwerty 08-09-2006 12:14 AM

They could've made it a three way on draft day, but they didn't. AI is probably gonna stay in Philly until atleast the trade deadline.

JohnnySic 08-10-2006 08:17 AM

My Iverson prediction = he stays in Philly.

Summit42 08-10-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyDufrain
Okay, I've thought about this for a long time, and I've come to this conclusion:

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

There is already a trade in place to bring Allen Iverson to Boston.

So you ask, "Okay sure, then why isn't he wearing green".

The reason is this: The deal was completed on draft day, but it involves either Theo Ratliff and/or Sebastian Telfair, who cannot be traded for 60 days after they were traded to the Celtics.

My guess is that the reason we signed Allan Ray and Pittsnoggle is because we will be shipping out much more players than we'll be receiving. It's amazing that we came into the draft with no picks and now have four rookies.

We can always specualte about who else is involved, but there's really no point. It could be anyone not named Paul Pierce

Why would the celtics even want the drama that come with A.I.?
The guy take alot of bad shots, and too many shots for that matter. He is not a team player.

XxNeXuSxX 08-10-2006 01:32 PM

I'd want AI, I think he would accept a #2 option behind PP.

kobedaman24 08-10-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I'd want AI, I think he would accept a #2 option behind PP.

Are you saying AI would be ok with the fact that hes a 2nd string player? Yeah right..:hammerhead: He'd only go to a team where he'd have a guarantee that he'd start. Just forget about him. Theres no deal working out for him and hes staying in Philly.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-10-2006 04:10 PM

he stays in philly

jaypete3413 08-10-2006 04:32 PM

i dont want him anymore honestly

Real Men Wear Green 08-10-2006 05:00 PM

Second option, not second string. Not taking a side here (although seeing him as a Celt would be a surprise at this point), just pointing hat out.

sixerfan3511 08-16-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Are you saying AI would be ok with the fact that hes a 2nd string player? Yeah right..:hammerhead: He'd only go to a team where he'd have a guarantee that he'd start. Just forget about him. Theres no deal working out for him and hes staying in Philly.

2nd option, not 2nd string, again, ur too dumb to realize something. Ai wouldnt wanna be a 2nd option to pierce, nor should he be. The deal aint happening so y dont everybody jus save their breath and stop talkin about it

Put Back Dunk 08-17-2006 08:08 AM

There's still a very small chance something could happen, but more than likely he'll stay a Sixer or if he is traded it wont be to us.

The point about us having to wait until the end of August to trade Ratliff and/or Telfair is interesting, but I think if any AI trade (especially to us) was to happen it would have more to do with the recent Chris Webber rumors. If you remember, one of the main problems with the AI trade rumors before is that usually a PF (Boozer, Gooden, etc) would have been headed to Philly, but then everyone would point out that a move like that wouldn't make sense because Sixers would still have Webber. However, if the Sixers really are able and interested in trading Webber then the AI trade rumors may still have some life left in them.

insidehoops 09-03-2006 11:43 PM

The smoke was legit, there was talk, but the celtics are torn between getting iverson and his contract vs. keeping all their kiddies

And the sixers also aren't sure what they want for iverson

Both teams are confused

boceltballa 09-04-2006 12:50 AM

Iverson's value has gone down. Now Philly can't get what they want in return for Iverson. They may just keep him because he still is producing.

Or maybe unloading the contract is more attractive...:confused:

lakerfreak 09-09-2006 05:26 AM

lol the mans value has gone down but even then he still brings about 34 ppg and 9 apg to the table along with 2 steals per game.

but even then hes expensive and hes not getting any younger (scary fact)