Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My best friend got married 9 years ago... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426240)

Patrick Chewing 02-01-2017 11:18 AM

My best friend got married 9 years ago...

And now I only see him about once a year. Is this normal?

We both turn 36 this year and we've known each other for at least 20 years.

How can one woman do this to a friendship? Or are there other forces at play?

Trumpocalypse 02-01-2017 11:20 AM

Re: My best friend got married 9 years ago...

He probably just grew up and decided to not hang out with a 35 year old loser who spends all day online.

Patrick Chewing 02-01-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpocalypse
He probably just grew up and decided to not hang out with a 35 year old loser who spends all day online.

I doubt that's the case. I'm pretty fun to hang around with.

But for real though, why does this happen? I've never been married, so I don't know if it's a result of being married.

JEFFERSON MONEY 02-01-2017 11:25 AM

Wife and Hubby stay togetha foreva <3

I sorry Pat I hope you find new buddies.
Loneliness hurts :(

Patrick Chewing 02-01-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Wife and Hubby stay togetha foreva <3

I sorry Pat I hope you find new buddies.
Loneliness hurts :(

You're never alone when you have Jesus by your side.

Trumpocalypse 02-01-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
I doubt that's the case. I'm pretty fun to hang around with.

But for real though, why does this happen? I've never been married, so I don't know if it's a result of being married.

Maybe just with dudes, huh?

JEFFERSON MONEY 02-01-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

You're never alone when you have Jesus by your side.

Yeah you bring up a good point Pat. Even we were taught when we feeling lonely in this world to remember the stories of the Prophets; how the entire world was against them, ostracized them, made a mockery against them, but they kept true to their mission and never lost faith or hope. Especially Abraham (PBUH) just a kid and people tried to burn him. Unreal.

Yeah but u got to keep in mind marriage is sacred Pat that the two of them will be taking care of them in their elder ages and undergoing crazy trials together;childbirth, parenting, old age bodily pains; many many difficult things.
May they be given strength to be steadfast.

Smoke117 02-01-2017 11:38 AM

He sounds like a gf guy aka a lame ass bitch.

Trumpocalypse 02-01-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke117
He sounds like a gf guy aka a lame ass bitch.

Totally the response of somebody who can't get a gf. :oldlol:

~primetime~ 02-01-2017 11:51 AM

That's definitely normal if they have kids...those first couple years it is very hard to find time to sleep, only free time you have is when the grandparents take over.

If they don't have kids?...IDK

Patrick Chewing 02-01-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~primetime~
That's definitely normal if they have kids...those first couple years it is very hard to find time to sleep, only free time you have is when the grandparents take over.

If they don't have kids?...IDK

No kids. To make a long story short, my best friend was drastically different before he met his wife. He was experimenting with all sorts of drugs and hanging out with real shady individuals. So, I'm glad that he met her and he didn't fall into the trap of drug use.

With that being said, even when we're hanging out, they're always texting one another. It's quite pathetic. She's a real attention whore who's always posting selfies on Facebook every other hour or so. Does he think he's going to lose her?

Bosnian Sajo 02-01-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpocalypse

This.

TommyGriffin 02-01-2017 12:40 PM

Some people have kids. Patrick has Dogs and Jesus.

-Tg

CeltsGarlic 02-01-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

No kids. To make a long story short, my best friend was drastically different before he met his wife. He was experimenting with all sorts of drugs and hanging out with real shady individuals. So, I'm glad that he met her and he didn't fall into the trap of drug use.

With that being said, even when we're hanging out, they're always texting one another. It's quite pathetic. She's a real attention whore who's always posting selfies on Facebook every other hour or so. Does he think he's going to lose her?

Its nice that my friends know they shouldnt use phone for nothing when hanging with me. My best deal ever

highwhey 02-01-2017 12:44 PM

the majority of my close friends who I spent every weekend with and hooped during the week got married. since getting married we probably see each other only a couple times a year. i find that it's mostly their wives who nag about hanging out with single dudes, instead they want to find other couples to spend time with.

kinda sucks, but i ain't married so i'm happy.