Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My trade idea for Portland-Chicago (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47872)

BigTicket 06-30-2007 06:03 PM

My trade idea for Portland-Chicago

While I think these two teams both have a very nice roster overall, each have a weakness of their own, so here is my idea for a trade that helps both team.

Portland has got a LOT of great young talent, but they are not very strong at the SF position and lack the presence of a proven veteran winner.

Chicago has a lot of energy, and has some great interior defense and perimeter offense. What they lack is a frontcourt player with a strong offensive game, to help take some of the pressure off the backcourt.

So here's a trade idea to help fill those holes for both teams, while giving up nothing vital:

S&T of Andres Nocioni for Channing Frye, with whatever fillers needed thrown in to make the trade work.

Chicago is already set at SF with Deng, so they can afford to trade away Nocioni, especially when they get a young talented frouncout player like Frye in return. Portland meanwhile already have all the frountcourt players they need, headlined by Oden and Aldridge, so they can easily afford to part with Frye in return for a clear upgrade at SF.

Crazy Style 06-30-2007 11:01 PM

Re: My trade idea for Portland-Chicago

I would trade Nocioni and Duhon for Frye and Webster.

Rockets(T-mac) 06-30-2007 11:06 PM

Sounds good for both teams.

trig 06-30-2007 11:23 PM

I would try to get magloire intead. frye is nice but he's more of a jump shooter and plays soft most of the time. and with wallace, thomas and noah he'll look even more soft

Crazy Style 06-30-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trig
I would try to get magloire intead. frye is nice but he's more of a jump shooter and plays soft most of the time. and with wallace, thomas and noah he'll look even more soft

Magloire is a free agent so if they want they can pick him up too. Bulls need all the scoring down low they can get.

NBAFan 07-01-2007 12:01 AM

Very good proposal, congrats.

wally_world 07-01-2007 12:36 AM

i would do it if im a Portland guy... if not i'll play Frye at SF :lol: :lol: :lol:

he plays like one if you do not take regards to his height...

Crazy Style 07-01-2007 01:07 AM

The sad thing is that such a trade scenario probably hasn't come up for either team in reality and that's too bad because I think such a trade would benefit both teams.

knicks15 07-01-2007 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTicket
While I think these two teams both have a very nice roster overall, each have a weakness of their own, so here is my idea for a trade that helps both team.

Portland has got a LOT of great young talent, but they are not very strong at the SF position and lack the presence of a proven veteran winner.

Chicago has a lot of energy, and has some great interior defense and perimeter offense. What they lack is a frontcourt player with a strong offensive game, to help take some of the pressure off the backcourt.

So here's a trade idea to help fill those holes for both teams, while giving up nothing vital:

S&T of Andres Nocioni for Channing Frye, with whatever fillers needed thrown in to make the trade work.

Chicago is already set at SF with Deng, so they can afford to trade away Nocioni, especially when they get a young talented frouncout player like Frye in return. Portland meanwhile already have all the frountcourt players they need, headlined by Oden and Aldridge, so they can easily afford to part with Frye in return for a clear upgrade at SF.

ehh, u listed chicagos reason for doing the trade as getting more offense but nocioni averaged significantly higher in scoring, n what about tyrus thomas?

bigkingsfan 07-01-2007 02:17 AM

I doubt Portland would want to waste money on Nocioni...

RoseCity07 07-01-2007 05:00 AM

He is good, but there are other players I would rather have the Nocioni. Rashard Lewis or Luke Walton would be better trades for Portland.

Luke Walton is that guy that can start or come off the bench and rebound and play defense. He is the perfect role player for a team.

Lewis has a better stoke than Nocioni.

Nice off though, doubt we would do it because our GM like Frye.