Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Days Gone (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464091)

LAmbruh 03-11-2019 08:49 AM

Days Gone
 
Open world zombie hoard survival.


Doesn't really introduce anything unique but it sure looks entertaining af


Day-1 snag if campaign reviews are legit.


April 25th


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PilyiGbVFqw

Thorpesaurous 03-11-2019 11:06 AM

Re: Days Gone
 
It's been two years it feels like I've been reading and watching the development on this thing. A few things have always worried me about the stuff I saw, mostly the physics on some of the massive hoards of zombies, which makes it feel really shooter-y from watching gameplay footage, which has essentially been the same two clips for two years.

But piece by piece it feels like a must buy. Open world. Some light RPG elements, like upgrading the bike. A plot that could pay off. An interesting setting in the Pacific Northwest. Really a lot to like. And a lot of stuff that could go wrong. I know there were well thought of open world games that just died for me because of the world being dead, or the driving mechanics going flat (Mafia for me on both accounts).

And open worlds are going to be reaching for a new bar after Red Dead, an admittedly flawed game, but one for which the map I think might be the best I've ever played.

I'm also coming off of Spiderman, which suffers from some minor dead world issues, but is still a superb open world game, and one where traversing the map is maybe the best it's ever been in a open world.

LAmbruh 03-11-2019 11:39 AM

Re: Days Gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It's been two years it feels like I've been reading and watching the development on this thing. A few things have always worried me about the stuff I saw, mostly the physics on some of the massive hoards of zombies, which makes it feel really shooter-y from watching gameplay footage, which has essentially been the same two clips for two years.

But piece by piece it feels like a must buy. Open world. Some light RPG elements, like upgrading the bike. A plot that could pay off. An interesting setting in the Pacific Northwest. Really a lot to like. And a lot of stuff that could go wrong. I know there were well thought of open world games that just died for me because of the world being dead, or the driving mechanics going flat (Mafia for me on both accounts).

And open worlds are going to be reaching for a new bar after Red Dead, an admittedly flawed game, but one for which the map I think might be the best I've ever played.

I'm also coming off of Spiderman, which suffers from some minor dead world issues, but is still a superb open world game, and one where traversing the map is maybe the best it's ever been in a open world.



I have a feeling this game will turn out really well, or really really boring


If it's drive from camp to camp, conquer/resque, loot, repeat. It'll get stale fairly quick. It's got a good platform to have some unique strategy and dark storyline to capitalize on, they'll either execute or not.


Mad Max is a good example with a really dope open world scenery but the gameplay and quest was so redundant. (drive quest to quest, kill, loot, upgrade car, repeat) A lot of games are dry and repetitive like this.

Thorpesaurous 03-11-2019 02:26 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAmbruh
I have a feeling this game will turn out really well, or really really boring


If it's drive from camp to camp, conquer/resque, loot, repeat. It'll get stale fairly quick. It's got a good platform to have some unique strategy and dark storyline to capitalize on, they'll either execute or not.


Mad Max is a good example with a really dope open world scenery but the gameplay and quest was so redundant. (drive quest to quest, kill, loot, upgrade car, repeat) A lot of games are dry and repetitive like this.



I agree, right now it's just short of pre-order for me. I need to see some reviews.

I remember being really hyped about The Division for a lot of similar reasons. The map seemed great. And the story felt compelling. But in the end every NYC block looked and felt the same. The bad guys were on constant repeat. The shooting didn't feel right. And the city just felt dead.

It still wasn't bad, but it always felt just short of being good. It's sequel interested me because it felt like a lot of that stuff was going to be addressed, but that now feels more like it's shooting more for multiplayer than even the first one did.

Mad Max was a game I was really interested in, waited for that first wave of reviews, and decided against it. And the reviews weren't terrible. They just pointed out some flaws that I knew would ruin it for me.

LAmbruh 03-11-2019 05:54 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I agree, right now it's just short of pre-order for me. I need to see some reviews.

I remember being really hyped about The Division for a lot of similar reasons. The map seemed great. And the story felt compelling. But in the end every NYC block looked and felt the same. The bad guys were on constant repeat. The shooting didn't feel right. And the city just felt dead.

It still wasn't bad, but it always felt just short of being good. It's sequel interested me because it felt like a lot of that stuff was going to be addressed, but that now feels more like it's shooting more for multiplayer than even the first one did.

Mad Max was a game I was really interested in, waited for that first wave of reviews, and decided against it. And the reviews weren't terrible. They just pointed out some flaws that I knew would ruin it for me.

I like the idea how it's not just escaping from hordes but more tactical and offensive where your infiltrating feeding grounds, setting up traps and baiting them around until you bamboozle hundreds chasing :lol

The Last of Us already perfected the stealth walking dead genre, looks like Days Gone will be more titled to mowing down swarms. I dig it

fsvr54 03-11-2019 07:50 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
I'm on the same boat as you guys, looks good, if it had good reviews I'll pick it up first day or soon after.

Next week Sekiro is coming out, I actually preordered it today, not a fan of the soulsbourne games but this one looks a lot better to me, I think it'll be awesome.

LAmbruh 03-25-2019 07:09 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
New trailer looks good


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKtaOY9lMvM

glidedrxlr22 03-27-2019 12:03 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
I've had my eye on this one too. It's a wait and see for me.

I might just try to get my Left4Dead fix from World War Z. This one definitely is shooter-y. For $40, I might just give it a shot for multiplayer mayhem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5loyZGRt4

LAmbruh 03-27-2019 02:26 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I've had my eye on this one too. It's a wait and see for me.

I might just try to get my Left4Dead fix from World War Z. This one definitely is shooter-y. For $40, I might just give it a shot for multiplayer mayhem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5loyZGRt4

Z looks like a super fun co-op zombie game too, hopefully there's enough maps and content for $40


It's what Metal Gear: Survive should have been imo


be great to see both WWZ and Days Gone do surpisingly well

LAmbruh 03-27-2019 02:35 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fsvr54
I'm on the same boat as you guys, looks good, if it had good reviews I'll pick it up first day or soon after.

Next week Sekiro is coming out, I actually preordered it today, not a fan of the soulsbourne games but this one looks a lot better to me, I think it'll be awesome.

Did you like Sekiro? Seems to be getting good hype. I think imma snag it when it drops in price

fsvr54 03-27-2019 08:09 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAmbruh
Did you like Sekiro? Seems to be getting good hype. I think imma snag it when it drops in price


I bought it on release day, but haven't touched it yet.

Started Bloodborne a few days before Sekiro came out. I want to finish that and not lose my focus before I touch Sekiro.

If you haven't played Bloodborne, do so. One of the greatest games ever made.

LAmbruh 03-27-2019 09:11 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fsvr54
I bought it on release day, but haven't touched it yet.

Started Bloodborne a few days before Sekiro came out. I want to finish that and not lose my focus before I touch Sekiro.

If you haven't played Bloodborne, do so. One of the greatest games ever made.

heh

It's funny I did the same thing with Bloodbourne about a 6 months ago (got about 3/4's way through -> jumped to another game and never finished)

But yeah Bloodbourne is dope, took me forever to get past Father Gascoigne (2nd boss I think)

fsvr54 03-27-2019 10:08 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAmbruh
heh

It's funny I did the same thing with Bloodbourne about a 6 months ago (got about 3/4's way through -> jumped to another game and never finished)

But yeah Bloodbourne is dope, took me forever to get past Father Gascoigne (2nd boss I think)


Gasciogne, up to this point, had ****ed me up more than any other boss in the game (13-15 tries). You're still learning the game at that point, but once it clicks its incredible. In contrast, Ebrietas, a boss that gives a lot of players a huge amount of trouble, didn't **** me up as badly. I merked that whore in 5 tries two days ago.

glidedrxlr22 03-28-2019 09:42 AM

Re: Days Gone
 
I too haven't finished Bloodborne. The last boss I beat was Rom, the Vacous Spider. I need to get back to it. Too many games to play! :facepalm

LAmbruh 04-18-2019 08:43 PM

Re: Days Gone
 
anyone cop World War Z?


looks like it's getting good feedback for $35


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy