Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I'm Getting Tested (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60987)

/\bstract 11-01-2007 04:36 PM

I'm Getting Tested
 
I finally found the nerve to call and schedule an appointment to get tested for HIV. I can't do it in my home town, so I looked up the next closest town which is Shelby Montana. I'm scheduled tomorrow to come in for a blood test tomorrow at 2:00 PM. I was told the results will not get back for 5-7 business days.

I have a really bad feeling about this, but the odds are in my favor. I just worry too much. I need to think positive and not negative. I think I'm going to be OK. Thanks guys for pushing me to get this done finally. I can't go on not knowing.

I'm going to be fine, right? Pray for me if you believe in god. If I can get just this off my chest, I'll be able to move on in my life. If it wasn't for this place I would have never encouraged myself to do this. Thank you guys.

hateraid 11-01-2007 04:40 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
Good luck to you. You're really doing yourself a favor. Life is about dealing with different scenarios and putting it into perspective. ;)
You'll be just fine.

johndeeregreen 11-01-2007 04:41 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
Well... good luck. What makes you think you've got the hiv, anyway?

/\bstract 11-01-2007 04:42 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
Thanks. I know the odds are way in my favor I'm just a hypocondriact about this stuff. When I see a bump or red spot on me I freak out like I have HIV. I've read about this on the internet about others who go through the same thing, and 99% of the time they're fine they just worry themselves sick.

/\bstract 11-01-2007 04:42 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Well... good luck. What makes you think you've got the hiv, anyway?


Read the HIV thread.

/\bstract 11-01-2007 04:43 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
I have to head to work guys. Thanks for helping me to the first step, which is getting an appointment set up. I even told the doctors office what I was coming in for, so that way I wont feel so nervous about lying about it. I just couldnt do it in my own hometown.

Still the 1 in every 300 Americans has HIV scares me.

artificial 11-01-2007 05:12 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
Go ahead man. There are few fears worse than the fear of not knowing. Whatever direction it goes, at least you'll know and it will be in your hands.

Congratulations on taking the decision.

boozehound 11-01-2007 05:24 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by /\bstract

I have a really bad feeling about this, but the odds are in my favor. I just worry too much. I need to think positive and not negative. .

shouldnt you be thinking negative instead? :banana:


HIVs no big deal if your rich. just look at magic

RIMMER 11-01-2007 05:49 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
Those 5-7 business days will be the longest of your life.

pete's montreux 11-01-2007 06:48 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
I've got a feeling the OP is just ****ing with us.

DieHardBullsFan 11-01-2007 06:49 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
I think your going to pass it good luck to you and I will be prayin for ya:rockon:

XxNeXuSxX 11-01-2007 08:26 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
Hopefully you just got herpes, which is no big deal really.

Good luck.

boozehound 11-01-2007 08:45 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
heres a spoken word version of a great song about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOa1NMvQ5qY

Jabes 11-01-2007 09:22 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
good luck. study hard. let us know the results.

jazz12 11-01-2007 09:43 PM

Re: I'm Getting Tested
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by /\bstract
I finally found the nerve to call and schedule an appointment to get tested for HIV. I can't do it in my home town, so I looked up the next closest town which is Shelby Montana. I'm scheduled tomorrow to come in for a blood test tomorrow at 2:00 PM. I was told the results will not get back for 5-7 business days.

I have a really bad feeling about this, but the odds are in my favor. I just worry too much. I need to think positive and not negative. I think I'm going to be OK. Thanks guys for pushing me to get this done finally. I can't go on not knowing.

I'm going to be fine, right? Pray for me if you believe in god. If I can get just this off my chest, I'll be able to move on in my life. If it wasn't for this place I would have never encouraged myself to do this. Thank you guys.


You mean you need to think negative ;)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy