Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Official Matt Barnes Injury Thread - Torn Meniscus (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204268)

momo 01-08-2011 06:32 PM

Official Matt Barnes Injury Thread - Torn Meniscus

This just in from E spin.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6002902

Bummer. I really liked what he was bringing to the table... especially with Ronron not playing all that well.

lakerfreak 01-08-2011 07:49 PM

Re: Matt Barnes tears knee meniscus

Walton has been playing better, and now we got E-Banks back anyways so im not too worried about this for now. Barnes is a key reserve so it will be good that he rests for a long time, then come back in the playoffs and help tremendously. We will survive without him.

momo,

How is ron-ron not playing well lately? He's been shooting better, and his D has always been very good.

SoCalMike 01-08-2011 09:03 PM

Ouch, this is not good at all... but its part of the game... hopefully he will return in time for the playoffs.

:pimp:

AJ2k8 01-08-2011 09:38 PM

Re: Official Matt Barnes Injury Thread - Torn Meniscus

LUKE!!!!:bowdown: :applause:

crisoner 01-08-2011 09:44 PM

This Freakinging sucks....

I was hoping he would get aome starting mins...Ron Ron n Luke need to step up.

Crash 01-08-2011 11:14 PM

Can anyone give a guess on a projected timeline?

Are we talking 4-6 weeks or is playoffs more likely?

gts 01-09-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash
Can anyone give a guess on a projected timeline?

Are we talking 4-6 weeks or is playoffs more likely?

you know somewhere in there, it's a common injury and easily repaired from what i read... there's a couple ways they fix it depending on the tear, they either clean it up and that pretty minor or they have to sew it back together..

a doctor on the radio was talking about it when bynum had his surgery and the good thing is that in most cases the miniscus ends up stronger than before if they do the whole sew it up route the bad news is the recovery is longer than if they just do the clean it up route

i guess the answer is we'll know more once they have a clear view of what they are dealing with

momo 01-09-2011 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Walton has been playing better, and now we got E-Banks back anyways so im not too worried about this for now. Barnes is a key reserve so it will be good that he rests for a long time, then come back in the playoffs and help tremendously. We will survive without him.

momo,

How is ron-ron not playing well lately? He's been shooting better, and his D has always been very good.

I may have just caught him on a few bad nights. A few of the games I have watched everyone has stank :P So maybe its not fair to single him out.

~~~

Thread title change is fine :D

lakersNUMBA1 01-09-2011 05:10 AM

not really worried a whole lot, but the lakers arent going to be as fast as they usually are. its good to know "ariza 2.0" is coming back

Kobe8 01-09-2011 06:49 AM

Ayayay!!

Hope Luke Walton will get his game up yo.

L.A. Jazz 01-09-2011 09:22 AM

get well soon Matt!

the good thing is SF is the position the Lakers can easy compensate an injury, without adding too much playing time for our vets.

TryToBeUnbias 01-09-2011 03:08 PM

I'm really not looking forward to Luke getting more minutes at all.

DKLaker 01-09-2011 03:16 PM

Luke????.......Really.........no comment:facepalm

SoCalMike 01-09-2011 04:10 PM

estimates based on the articles i am reading say 8 weeks... which puts us into mid march... that would not be too bad and give him time to play back into shape.

it will be interesting to see how the lakers adjust their rotations... also, blade is day to day as well due to a sprained ankle...

:pimp:

LA.MJ&KB#1 01-10-2011 10:56 AM

Lakers will be just fine Get well quick Matt Barnes because, I don 't want to see LUKE sorry a** too long..

Sorry guys but, I never being a Luke fan at all.