Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So I met Johnny Manziel today... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291448)

bdreason 02-22-2013 10:51 PM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Pretty cool bro. I haven't many famous athletes outside of fighters, and I've always tried to 'play it cool', because most of the time I was meeting them in a gym/workout environment.

I don't think I would ask for an autograph of a football player, but I may go groupie mode for a famous basketball player like D. Lee or Curry.

D-Rose 02-22-2013 11:00 PM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ace23
Being addressed as "Johnny Manziel's GF" made her blush? :oldlol:

Yeah that and "you're famous, aren't you?"

Jameerthefear 02-22-2013 11:48 PM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
And people wonder why Manziel is only taking online classes. He's the freaking anti-tebow and is the most popular NCAA athlete right now. He's a god. A redshirt freshman winning the heisman. Only at Texas A&M.

The only way we don't win a national championship next year is if Johnny Fucking Football gets injured. Alabama and LSU are the only teams that can challenge us.

And goddamn...JFF's gf looks hot as hell in that picture. The one of him and his gf next to the heisman...she looks like a straight up fake plastic barbie (nowhere near as hot looking).

Inarguably the greatest college football player of all time.

Florida can challenge Texas A&M too.

Balla_Status 02-22-2013 11:53 PM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Florida can challenge Texas A&M too.


We only play you guys in the SEC championship game. Unless Driskel gets a shit ton better, ya'll wont be beating us.

InspiredLebowski 02-23-2013 12:21 AM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
That's cool, good to hear Manziel seems like a good kid.

But y'know the real College Station celeb is Hawker right?

GatorKid117 02-23-2013 01:14 AM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
And people wonder why Manziel is only taking online classes. He's the freaking anti-tebow and is the most popular NCAA athlete right now. He's a god. A redshirt freshman winning the heisman. Only at Texas A&M.

The only way we don't win a national championship next year is if Johnny Fucking Football gets injured. Alabama and LSU are the only teams that can challenge us.

And goddamn...JFF's gf looks hot as hell in that picture. The one of him and his gf next to the heisman...she looks like a straight up fake plastic barbie (nowhere near as hot looking).

Inarguably the greatest college football player of all time.


How is he the anti-Tebow? Because he's not religious? On the football field they are very similar players. Both are "Gods" on their campus. Both were the youngest players to win the Heisman. Both were in the SEC. If anything, he is the next Tebow.

And greatest college player of all time? :roll:

kentatm 02-23-2013 01:32 AM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorKid117
How is he the anti-Tebow? Because he's not religious? On the football field they are very similar players. Both are "Gods" on their campus. Both were the youngest players to win the Heisman. Both were in the SEC. If anything, he is the next Tebow.

And greatest college player of all time? :roll:



they aren't similar at all on the football field.

Johnny can actually throw the ball worth a damn for one. They both can run the ball but Tebow was a bulldozer while Manziel is quick and agile.

and yes, him partying like a rock star is part of what makes him the anti Tebow.

GatorKid117 02-23-2013 01:50 AM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
they aren't similar at all on the football field.

Johnny can actually throw the ball worth a damn for one. They both can run the ball but Tebow was a bulldozer while Manziel is quick and agile.

and yes, him partying like a rock star is part of what makes him the anti Tebow.


Not similar at all. Oh come on, be reasonable. Peyton Manning and Johnny Manziel aren't similar at all on the football field. Both QB's biggest assets are their legs. The love to scramble in the pocket. They are not known for their precision passing but for their athleticism. Obviously Tebow is more of a power scrambler while Manziel is more reliant on speed and agility but their are similarities.

And Tebow couldn't throw in college? Sure he sucks in the pros but as a college QB he was more than adequate. His throwing was never a problem. Lets not pretend he was Juice Williams.

Persona wise, you could say he is the anti-Tebow but when it comes to their football careers so far I think they are very similar.

mlh1981 02-23-2013 09:12 AM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Cool story. Nice to hear such a young guy has remained humble...so far at least. Anyway, I'll post a photo of his girlfriend.



He's got a rough life.

Balla_Status 02-23-2013 10:31 AM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
they aren't similar at all on the football field.

Johnny can actually throw the ball worth a damn for one. They both can run the ball but Tebow was a bulldozer while Manziel is quick and agile.

and yes, him partying like a rock star is part of what makes him the anti Tebow.




They're not similar at all on the field or off the field.

And yes, Johnny Football is the greatest football player of all time. He'll show that even more next season.

GatorKid117 02-23-2013 02:34 PM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status

They're not similar at all on the field or off the field.

And yes, Johnny Football is the greatest football player of all time. He'll show that even more next season.


I had no idea A&M fans were such delusional homers. My apologies.

ShaqAttack3234 02-23-2013 03:22 PM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
He's got a rough life.


Yeah, but you know what, I'm feeling charitable today so I'll take her off his hands. Always good to help those less fortunate than yourself. :D

boozehound 02-23-2013 03:27 PM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Rose
Nah man, I've been living in College Station for a year now. Working at the Subway across A&M on Southgate and also a small pizza place off Texas by Layne's

Ah, didnt know that. The leaning tower pizza place? I moved out of the area about a year ago

boozehound 02-23-2013 03:33 PM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
DeAndre Jordan only played one year so not many people knew him.

And he was terrible. But I guess I don't really blame him, he was only trying to get into the NBA. Dude was super raw.

yeah, he got massively outplayed by every other frontcourt player here. He killed his draft stock (was considered a top 3 type player coming out of HS) and ended up in the 2nd round. I wonder what he was back for.

boozehound 02-23-2013 03:36 PM

Re: So I met Johnny Manziel today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Not similar at all. Oh come on, be reasonable. Peyton Manning and Johnny Manziel aren't similar at all on the football field. Both QB's biggest assets are their legs. The love to scramble in the pocket. They are not known for their precision passing but for their athleticism. Obviously Tebow is more of a power scrambler while Manziel is more reliant on speed and agility but their are similarities.

And Tebow couldn't throw in college? Sure he sucks in the pros but as a college QB he was more than adequate. His throwing was never a problem. Lets not pretend he was Juice Williams.

Persona wise, you could say he is the anti-Tebow but when it comes to their football careers so far I think they are very similar.

dude, his throwing was subpar in college. it was ok, but it was not a strength at all. While manziel really does have an incredible arm. nowhere near the best foosball player of all time, but definitely a very good one


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy