Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Has anyone watched "A Football life" (Bill Belichick documentary) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235331)

mlh1981 09-24-2011 12:08 PM

Has anyone watched "A Football life" (Bill Belichick documentary)

I hate the Patriots and never cared for Belichick, but I have enjoyed this documentary. Anyone else been watching this? The show portrays him in a different light, as someone more than just a "football robot."

pete's montreux 09-24-2011 12:25 PM

Re: Has anyone watched "A Football life" (Bill Belichick documentary)

It was interesting to see him get emotional about his father and the Giants. He clearly still has deep roots with that organization. Other than that, everything was expected and normal. It was really great to see what went on during that reg season loss against Indy when we went for it on 4th and turned it over on downs. Also the massively overrated situation with McDaniels and "handshake-gate", when in fact they agreed to just do a quick handshake before the game to avoid any of that kind of shit. Little did they know the handshake would blow way out of proportion.

mlh1981 09-24-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete's montreux
It was interesting to see him get emotional about his father and the Giants. He clearly still has deep roots with that organization. Other than that, everything was expected and normal.

I also thought it was funny listening to him rant about the difficulties he was having with changing the clock in his car. :lol

It was also interesting watching him and Tom Brady interact, and to see how close they are, and also the part where he told Derrick Mason off was pretty funny, too.

I do kinda wish they featured more hard hitting football talk, though. They showed him addressing the team and trying to motivate them, but would have been cool to see more specific football strategy conversations.

Maybe that sort of thing will be in future episodes.

MK2V1GP 09-24-2011 12:30 PM

I watched the first part of it. Have the second part on the DVR.

Anyone else get the feeling Belichick isn't the biggest Bill Parcells fan, or was he just being sarcastic? :lol

pete's montreux 09-24-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I watched the first part of it. Have the second part on the DVR.

Anyone else get the feeling Belichick isn't the biggest Bill Parcells fan, or was he just being sarcastic? :lol

What I got from it: deep respect as a coach, helped mold Bill to what he is today, did not agree with his coaching style, probably not a close friend

Also, my bad, edited the shit out of my post, kinda groggy still :lol

pete's montreux 09-24-2011 12:42 PM

I was also kind of disappointed in Kraft. Here this entire time I thought he was a 'different' owner, but he's just like them all, no different. Obsessed with money and winning. Owners just love to bring up obvious shit like, "we really need to get this win tonight Bill." Really? Do we?

InspiredLebowski 09-24-2011 02:02 PM

I've only seen the first part but the interactions between Belichick and Kraft cracked me up. I remember a scene were the two were in Belichick's office and I can't remember what Kraft said, some cliche "this is a big game" shit or something, and Belichick just gives him this sarcastic "yep" and the look on his face was just screaming get the F outta my office I'm busy.

Kraft's a good guy and all that I'm sure, but I dunno, I don't understand why he's put on some pedestal. Obviously the franchise is good but it's not like he has anything to do with that other than signing the checks, he's no different from all but a handful of NFL owners. Dude just seems really...soft.

takeittothehoop 09-24-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I've only seen the first part but the interactions between Belichick and Kraft cracked me up. I remember a scene were the two were in Belichick's office and I can't remember what Kraft said, some cliche "this is a big game" shit or something, and Belichick just gives him this sarcastic "yep" and the look on his face was just screaming get the F outta my office I'm busy.

Kraft's a good guy and all that I'm sure, but I dunno, I don't understand why he's put on some pedestal. Obviously the franchise is good but it's not like he has anything to do with that other than signing the checks, he's no different from all but a handful of NFL owners. Dude just seems really...soft.

Your user title cracks me up..

Thank god for Herm Edwards being allowed on TV :lol

StateProperty 09-24-2011 05:42 PM

I'm watching it now on youtube. Hilarious how they show Kraft talking to Richard Seymour at training camp 3 weeks before they shipped his ass to Oakland.

Belichick: The throw to Maroney?
Brady: It was right in his hands!
Belichick: It was over his head.
Brady: Oh that one...

:roll: :roll:

That exchange made Brady look bad. I'd never seen him act like that. Lot of excuses like a 12 year old. :no:

MK2V1GP 09-24-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateProperty
I'm watching it now on youtube. Hilarious how they show Kraft talking to Richard Seymour at training camp 3 weeks before they shipped his ass to Oakland.

Belichick: The throw to Maroney?
Brady: It was right in his hands!
Belichick: It was over his head.
Brady: Oh that one...

:roll: :roll:

That exchange made Brady look bad. I'd never seen him act like that. Lot of excuses like a 12 year old. :no:

Yeah. I was laughing hard on that part. Brady sounded like a 12-year old whiny girl.