Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328254)

hateraid 03-08-2014 03:33 PM

JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
Gimme their teams and how would you rank them? Are they the leaders on their team? NBA projection?

GO!

hateraid 03-08-2014 03:35 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
No just exclusive to Izzo, all Canadian insight appreciated

Reef 03-08-2014 03:39 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
In no order:

Wiggins
Ennis
Stauskas
Birch
Ejim
Hanlan
Pangos
Bachynski
Mullings
D Powell

hateraid 03-08-2014 03:43 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef
In no order:

Wiggins
Ennis
Stauskas
Birch
Ejim
Hanlan
Pangos
Bachynski
Mullings
D Powell


In bold I hear good things about and they seem to outshine the projected leaders of their teams. How good are these guys?

Twiens 03-08-2014 04:05 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
IN order:

Wiggins
Ennis
Ejim
Stauskas


Khem Birch
Kevin Pangos
Jordan Bachynski
Oliver Hanlan
Daniel Mullings
Powell/Heslip

I'd say top 4 are guaranteed NBA guys. Birch most likely too. The others all have a chance as role-players, Bachynski would be a damn good backup C.

Reef 03-08-2014 04:20 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hateraid
In bold I hear good things about and they seem to outshine the projected leaders of their teams. How good are these guys?


Ennis reminds me of Deron Williams. He's not a freak athlete but can get to the rim with hesitation moves and changing speeds. He's got good form on his shot and shows amazing poise and maturity for a freshman point guard.

Stauskas is a lights-out shooter with very underrated ballhandling and athleticism. He can create his own shot, but will probably struggle on D at the next level.

Pangos is an excellent shooter and has great basketball IQ. He's too small and too unathletic for the NBA though in my opinion.

Clyde 03-08-2014 04:58 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
No way Pangos is NBA material

Reef 03-08-2014 06:05 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde
No way Pangos is NBA material


Who said he is?

JtotheIzzo 03-08-2014 11:55 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
In order:

Lottery picks:

Andrew Wiggins. Kansas(potential superstar)
Tyler Ennis. Syracuse (potential all star)

First round potential:

Nick Stauskas. Michigan (next level skill set)
key stats: 17/3/3.5

Melvin Ejim. Iowa State (amazing college player, will be challenged at the next level)
key stats: 18/9/2

Khem Birch. UNLV (one more year of college could see him bumped up to the lottery, if he goes this year, he might be a 9-12 bench player)
key stats: 12/10/3.8bpg

Olivier Hanlan. Boston College (same as Ejim)
key stats: 18/3.5/3

Bringing something to the NBA table:

Jordan Bachkynski. Arizona State (7 foot shot blocker, will get checks)
key stats: 11/8/5/4.3bpg

Brady Heslip. Baylor(knock down shooter with a lot of international experience)
key stats: 12ppg/47% 3pt

Kevin Pangos. Gonzaga (Luke Ridenour 2.0 if it all works out, great college player though)
key stats:15/3.3/4

Dwight Powell. Stanford (big producer at a big school, but most likely round two pick with a future in Europe)
key stats: 14/7/3.5

Sim Bhullar. New Mexico State (7'4", nuff said, will get checks somewhere)
key stats: 10/7/3.5bpg

Daniel Mullings. New Mexico State (great college player, size an issue at the next level)
key stats: 17/5/3.5

Kyle Wiltjer. Gonzaga red shirt, transferred from Kentucky (sitting out this season, but big shooter, could return to the scene like Kelly Olynyk did last year)

honorable mention:

Kenny Chery, Baylor... Matthew Wright, St. Bonaventure ... Laurent Rivard. Harvard ... Grant Mullins. Columbia ... Murphy Burnatowski. Colgate ... Chadrack Lufile. Wichita State... Nick Madray. Binghampton ... Chad Posthumus. Morehead State ... Nick Wiggins. Wichita State ... Renaldo Dixon. New Mexico State ... Dyshawn Pierre. Dayton ... Jason Calliste. Oregon ... Manny Arop. Indiana State ... Brandon Bos. South Dakota.

Burgz V2 03-09-2014 06:54 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
In order:

Lottery picks:

Andrew Wiggins. Kansas(potential superstar)
Tyler Ennis. Syracuse (potential all star)

First round potential:

Nick Stauskas. Michigan (next level skill set)
key stats: 17/3/3.5

Melvin Ejim. Iowa State (amazing college player, will be challenged at the next level)
key stats: 18/9/2

Khem Birch. UNLV (one more year of college could see him bumped up to the lottery, if he goes this year, he might be a 9-12 bench player)
key stats: 12/10/3.8bpg

Olivier Hanlan. Boston College (same as Ejim)
key stats: 18/3.5/3

Bringing something to the NBA table:

Jordan Bachkynski. Arizona State (7 foot shot blocker, will get checks)
key stats: 11/8/5/4.3bpg

Brady Heslip. Baylor(knock down shooter with a lot of international experience)
key stats: 12ppg/47% 3pt

Kevin Pangos. Gonzaga (Luke Ridenour 2.0 if it all works out, great college player though)
key stats:15/3.3/4

Dwight Powell. Stanford (big producer at a big school, but most likely round two pick with a future in Europe)
key stats: 14/7/3.5

Sim Bhullar. New Mexico State (7'4", nuff said, will get checks somewhere)
key stats: 10/7/3.5bpg

Daniel Mullings. New Mexico State (great college player, size an issue at the next level)
key stats: 17/5/3.5

Kyle Wiltjer. Gonzaga red shirt, transferred from Kentucky (sitting out this season, but big shooter, could return to the scene like Kelly Olynyk did last year)

honorable mention:

Kenny Chery, Baylor... Matthew Wright, St. Bonaventure ... Laurent Rivard. Harvard ... Grant Mullins. Columbia ... Murphy Burnatowski. Colgate ... Chadrack Lufile. Wichita State... Nick Madray. Binghampton ... Chad Posthumus. Morehead State ... Nick Wiggins. Wichita State ... Renaldo Dixon. New Mexico State ... Dyshawn Pierre. Dayton ... Jason Calliste. Oregon ... Manny Arop. Indiana State ... Brandon Bos. South Dakota.


these two deserve mention over Bhullar and Wiltjer. Bhullar is such a pain to watch sometimes, and Wiltjer just hasn't put it together in his NCAA career, even in extended minutes like last year. Calliste has been a catalyst in a lot of Oregon's major upsets and Nick Wiggins has been outstanding in division play this year, and was a solid contributor for the Shockers last year.

Burgz V2 03-09-2014 07:04 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
Mullings WAC player of the year.

Grew up in my area, proud of this guy, one of the underrated guards in the NCAA. Right now more of a 2-1 combo. If he can prove he can lead a team I think he can crack the first round.

JtotheIzzo 03-09-2014 09:03 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz V2
these two deserve mention over Bhullar and Wiltjer. Bhullar is such a pain to watch sometimes, and Wiltjer just hasn't put it together in his NCAA career, even in extended minutes like last year. Calliste has been a catalyst in a lot of Oregon's major upsets and Nick Wiggins has been outstanding in division play this year, and was a solid contributor for the Shockers last year.



Neither of the two you mentioned are regular starters so ...no.

Bhullar (size) and Wiltjer (3pt range and size) have next level tool sets.

Baylor's Kenny Chery just won CBS Sports POW though, so I may need to examine him more closely.

DeuceWallaces 03-10-2014 10:12 PM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hateraid
In bold I hear good things about and they seem to outshine the projected leaders of their teams. How good are these guys?


Stauskus is the projected leader of UM.

JtotheIzzo 03-11-2014 03:04 AM

Re: JtotheIzzo, gimme you top 10 Canadians in NCAA Div I right now
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Stauskus is the projected leader of UM.


so are Pangos and Ennis.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy