Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who would you rather have, Cam Newton or Robert Griffin III? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256784)

L8k3r5 03-22-2012 12:08 AM

Who would you rather have, Cam Newton or Robert Griffin III?

Discuss

TheNaturalWR 03-22-2012 12:12 AM

Re: Who would you rather have, Cam Newton or Robert Griffin III?

I'll take the guy whose already proven that he could play at a high level in this league.

Carbine 03-22-2012 12:13 AM

This isn't particularly fair, one just had the greatest rookie quarterback season ever while the other hasn't even been drafted yet.

I'd take Cam Newton.

Sarcastic 03-22-2012 01:01 AM

Cam is a man among boys.

Timmy D for MVP 03-22-2012 01:18 AM

Cam Newton we know can play.

But Griffin certainly has potential. I think his ceiling as a passer is higher, but Newton is a beast among man to build on a previous poster's saying.

IcanzIIravor 03-22-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8k3r5
Discuss

Gotta take Cam right now after what he just did. Can revisit this in a year or two.

iggy> 03-22-2012 11:00 AM

Killa cam

Rameek 03-22-2012 11:33 AM

Killa Cam for sure. Big, Fast, Strong, AWESOME!

MK2V1GP 03-22-2012 11:57 AM

To those who are saying Cam is GREAT b/c he's already proven he is....I point you to Josh Freeman.

2 years ago, Freeman put up elite numbers. I preached the whole following offseason how great he was, and then......Last year, he was a bottom-half-of-the-league QB.

I think Cam is the real deal, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him fall off a little.

Just a little warning from someone who's experienced it first hand :lol

-p.tiddy- 03-22-2012 12:47 PM

Should have made this Cam vs. Luck

I'd still take Cam

GOBB 03-22-2012 03:39 PM

Unfair comparison here. Hard to decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
To those who are saying Cam is GREAT b/c he's already proven he is....I point you to Josh Freeman.

2 years ago, Freeman put up elite numbers. I preached the whole following offseason how great he was, and then......Last year, he was a bottom-half-of-the-league QB.

I think Cam is the real deal, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him fall off a little.

Just a little warning from someone who's experienced it first hand :lol

Beat me to it.

GOBB 03-22-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

I'd still take Cam

We get it, you dont like Andruw Luck. I hope people can see you're anti Luck now.

Jailblazers7 03-22-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

I'd still take Cam

Nope, sorry QB comparisons can only be white vs white or black vs black. It is a scientifically proven fact.

-p.tiddy- 03-22-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Nope, sorry QB comparisons can only be white vs white or black vs black. It is a scientifically proven fact.

ha...I knew something felt strange

ROCSteady 03-22-2012 06:47 PM

Geez what a fun time to be a fan of the NFL. Have there ever been this much raw talent and physical gifts at the QB position??

Young pups like Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III who are on some Madden Create type shit with the talent and stature.

Aaron Rodgers just entered his prime and is probably the best all around QB in the league at this moment. Eli doin big things in the Apple turned the corner BIG time last couple seasons

Still have guys like Bradford, Dalton, Stafford who have yet to reach their prime.

Oh yeah, and there's still the OG field generals of Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady who have plenty of football left in them. Hall of Fame type guys.

No slight on Roethlisberger, Cutler, Ryan etc. just pointing out the rare type of talent coming in with the flux of grizzled vets with crazy legacies. The QB position has never looked better IMO