Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187453)

Scott Baker 08-15-2010 10:02 PM

Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Joker
i think this whole this is just a misunderstanding of the word plump, i don't think heyhey means it in any sort of derogatory sense, just using terminology that has been used to describe hendrix before ie the article he linked to...

Yeah I get that now, since he linked the article... But I really think that is the totally wrong word to describe a woman like Hendricks or Marilyn Monroe.

Google image search for 'plump girl' and you see the type that should be called plump.

heyhey 08-15-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Joker
i think this whole this is just a misunderstanding of the word plump, i don't think heyhey means it in any sort of derogatory sense, just using terminology that has been used to describe hendrix before ie the article he linked to...

actually i just read over what i wrote again.
Quote:

It seems like a diversity PR move for the plump readers out there
i did NOT call Joan plump. I was referring to naming her hte most attractive person on tv as a PR move for the PLUMP READERS of esquire. Since she's more akin to the typical sillhoulete of american female who are probably tired of the ultra thin look perpetuated in the media.

Scott Baker just read what I wrote completely wrong and I started arguing about it without realizing it. Plump would be a bad word to describe Joan. She's quintessential BIG BONED type of girl. But her features are absolutely stunning.

Knicks101 08-15-2010 10:09 PM

Scott Baker is a Rapist

Black Joker 08-15-2010 10:10 PM

now that we got this settled

BRabbiT 08-15-2010 10:16 PM

:eek:

v-unit 08-15-2010 10:32 PM

i actually don't mind pete. hes kinda my favorite character, just seems a bit more relateable to me in a way. of course, i've only watched 6 episodes of season 1 so far but i'm liking him. i feel like hes the guy the show is going to try to make us hate and in the end will always lose no matter what the situation is.

Jailblazers7 08-15-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-unit
i actually don't mind pete. hes kinda my favorite character, just seems a bit more relateable to me in a way. of course, i've only watched 6 episodes of season 1 so far but i'm liking him. i feel like hes the guy the show is going to try to make us hate and in the end will always lose no matter what the situation is.

He's the anti-Don Draper. They had to put a character like Pete in to offset Draper's awesomeness.

Black Joker 08-15-2010 10:38 PM

+1

i mean, he's grown on me a little, but i still hate him for the most part

brooks_thompson 08-16-2010 06:14 AM

eh i'll take rachel menken from season 1. she was pure class.

or suzanne the teacher from last year

kentatm 08-16-2010 06:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NulVxQr8A

B-Easy8 08-16-2010 08:44 AM

Joan is amazing but I would still take Betty over her. Aside from the excessive smoking and leaving Don for old ass Henry Francis she is my dream girl. In season 1 she was amazing, so innocent and classy, knew her way around the kitchen and is incredibly hot.

brooks_thompson 08-16-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Joan is amazing but I would still take Betty over her. Aside from the excessive smoking and leaving Don for old ass Henry Francis she is my dream girl. In season 1 she was amazing, so innocent and classy, knew her way around the kitchen and is incredibly hot.

i loved her during the episode they went to italy. and she has the best wardrobe by far on the show.

i hate what they've done with her since francis, but i guess that's her purpose...she's the one character who is too stuck to experience any growth.

B-Easy8 08-16-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
i loved her during the episode they went to italy. and she has the best wardrobe by far on the show.

i hate what they've done with her since francis, but i guess that's her purpose...she's the one character who is too stuck to experience any growth.

Yeah she looked amazing in the Italy episode, I really don't like what they've done with her character this season either every scene she is in (which isn't many) involves him and the kids, she hasn't gotten a storyline yet except for the fact that Don wants her out of the house.

brooks_thompson 08-16-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Yeah she looked amazing in the Italy episode, I really don't like what they've done with her character this season either every scene she is in (which isn't many) involves him and the kids, she hasn't gotten a storyline yet except for the fact that Don wants her out of the house.

she's a crappy mother, and don said it best when he said she was like a kid. proven when she caught sally on the phone after the thanksgiving fiasco and said something to the effect of "wait til he hears my side of the story." that stuff was masked in the first couple of seasons thanks to carla and their picture-perfect household.

there should be a mad men thread if enough people watch it. i know of you (now) and jailblazers, but that's about it. it's nothing like the true blood love that exists on here.

ukplayer4 08-16-2010 07:43 PM

**** she is damn sexy- very much my type, id even forgive the fact that she has more meat than i favor and unfortunately those tits look real cause she oozes sex appeal.