Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Be Prepared For Moves (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253392)

AirTupac 02-24-2012 06:02 PM

Be Prepared For Moves

Things are gonna happen really soon I believe. If Lakers do sign Rasheed, that obviously means a trade is gonna happen. After March 1st, we're able to trade all our off season signings. Be optimistic L.A fans, something will happen!

ihatetimthomas 02-24-2012 06:07 PM

Re: Be Prepared For Moves

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirTupac
Things are gonna happen really soon I believe. If Lakers do sign Rasheed, that obviously means a trade is gonna happen. After March 1st, we're able to trade all our off season signings. Be optimistic L.A fans, something will happen!

Well, I dont think its a lock if they sign Sheed that they will make a deal. Sheed hasnt played in 1.5 years, can we really count on him for more than 15 mpg?

Signing Sheed would really help what our bench. Our bench bigs have done nothing for us this season and if he can stretch the floor or play some D, then that helps us a lot.

BØBØ 02-24-2012 06:27 PM

Rasheed? Hadn't heard that till now, that could work but I doubt it's tied to other possible transactions.

AirTupac 02-24-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BØBØ
Rasheed? Hadn't heard that till now, that could work but I doubt it's tied to other possible transactions.

Why would they sign ANOTHER PF? You really think McRoberts, Murphy, Gasol are all gonna stay WITH RASHEED? I have a feeling a good trade is gonna happen for us (after march 1st probably)

bladefd 02-24-2012 07:00 PM

Yup Lakers signed Rasheed according to espn.:cheers:

All this depth at PF means one thing: Gasol OR Bynum are as good as gone. I doubt it would be Bynum since Rasheed can only play PF.

BØBØ 02-24-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Why would they sign ANOTHER PF? You really think McRoberts, Murphy, Gasol are all gonna stay WITH RASHEED? I have a feeling a good trade is gonna happen for us (after march 1st probably)

Other than Gasol the others that can play that spot have fallen short of expectations, Bynum and Gasol are getting worn down by the extra minutes and when they do get to rest the Lakers are getting killed because McRoberts and Murphy to a lesser extent are not performing. Unless you think the Lakers are getting a high profile player for a trade using McRoberts and Murphy?

TryToBeUnbias 02-24-2012 09:19 PM

interesting

LA.MJ&KB#1 02-24-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Totally agree with you AirTupac and thanks for the great conversation even on the main forum.:cheers:

LA.MJ&KB#1 02-24-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladefd
Yup Lakers signed Rasheed according to espn.:cheers:

All this depth at PF means one thing: Gasol OR Bynum are as good as gone. I doubt it would be Bynum since Rasheed can only play PF.

Sport Center just reported Rasheed has just signed with the lakers.

DKLaker 02-25-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Sport Center just reported Rasheed has just signed with the lakers.

I really don't know what he has left, this could be really good or really bad :confusedshrug:

Of all people we have discussed Sheed is the one guy in the last 15-20 years that I was certain would never play for the Lakers....he has real history against us.

LA.MJ&KB#1 02-25-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
I really don't know what he has left, this could be really good or really bad :confusedshrug:

Of all people we have discussed Sheed is the one guy in the last 15-20 years that I was certain would never play for the Lakers....he has real history against us.

Bro, I agree...but good or bad sounds like he's coming to LA. Just hope he can help coming off the bench

dd24 02-25-2012 06:14 PM

The good thing with Sheed is he can play C too, so he can give Bynum a breather and be out there with Pau. It looks like the Lakers think they need a big man who can stretch the floor. That of course works well with Bynum, but it also works well with other centers out there too....... I would have to think the Lakers intend to make another move here.

BallsOut 02-25-2012 06:28 PM

Lakers should deal Walton + 1st rounder to the Cavs for Sessions. Then McRoberts + Kapono to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Then take LO back from Dallas with the TPE (if they can do that).

PG: Sessions/Blake/Fisher
SG: Bryant/Mayo/Goudelock
SF: Artest/Barnes
PF: Gasol/Odom/Murphy
C: Bynum/Sheed

That'll put them back into legitimate title contention. Wouldn't need Dwight with that lineup. :bowdown:

DKLaker 02-25-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallsOut
Lakers should deal Walton + 1st rounder to the Cavs for Sessions. Then McRoberts + Kapono to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Then take LO back from Dallas with the TPE (if they can do that).

PG: Sessions/Blake/Fisher
SG: Bryant/Mayo/Goudelock
SF: Artest/Barnes
PF: Gasol/Odom/Murphy
C: Bynum/Sheed

That'll put them back into legitimate title contention. Wouldn't need Dwight with that lineup. :bowdown:

:oldlol: I wish you were the G.M of those other teams :oldlol: :cheers:
But unfortunately those are deals that won't happen.

BallsOut 02-25-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

:oldlol: I wish you were the G.M of those other teams :oldlol: :cheers:
But unfortunately those are deals that won't happen.

Who knows? Memphis almost traded Mayo for McRoberts twice when he was in Indy. Cavs really want that 1st rounder in this year's deep draft, and the Mavs aren't getting any real production out of Odom. :confusedshrug:

DKLaker 02-25-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Who knows? Memphis almost traded Mayo for McRoberts twice when he was in Indy. Cavs really want that 1st rounder in this year's deep draft, and the Mavs aren't getting any real production out of Odom. :confusedshrug:

I have to give you credit, you make some very good points to back up your argument.....unlike some of my friends on here :oldlol:

I think Mark Cuban has too much of an ego to send Odom back to the Lakers......he would look like a complete fool.

Hey, BallsOut, good job and keep posting :applause: :cheers: :applause:

bladefd 02-25-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

I think Mark Cuban has too much of an ego to send Odom back to the Lakers......he would look like a complete fool.

To be honest, I wouldn't want Odom back anyways even if Cuban dangled him in front of us for nothing in return. He was being too much of a crybaby after the trade was stopped. Great guy and a pretty good player but way too mentally fragile. Besides, he is getting up there in age and just doesn't look good when he is out there playing.

Sure, you could argue that he hasn't gotten used to playing in Dallas yet, but how could somebody look that horrendous?? Not only has he slowed down, but he just makes everyone else look bad too when he is out there.. Sure, the Lakers could have gotten more for him but sorry, it was time for him to go.

dd24 02-25-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Memphis has said they no longer want to deal Mayo. He's been very productive for them off the bench this year. I don't see any of those being trades that would likely happen.

Bosnian Sajo 02-26-2012 02:14 PM

I wish we would of traded McRoberts for Mayo...not that McBob is bad, but Brown does not play him for whatever reason and I would rather have a prolific scoring SG off the bench in Mayo than a guy who gets no PT (sadly).

bladefd 02-27-2012 01:09 AM

So many rumors right now.. unbelievable..

Some of the rumor stuff I read concerning Lakers/dwight..

- Bynum and gasol for dwight+hedo+nelson is close to being done
- Dwight staying in orlando after sitting down with the magic owner
- dwight to NJ is done deal
- Rondo for bynum is currently being discussed and may happen as soon as march 1
- celtics turned down rondo for gasol

- i saw couple other rumors on general boards and other websites like yahoo/msn. this is insane :eek:

All these rumors tell me one thing: Lakers will do some sort of trade before the deadline. Just way too many rumors for there to be nothing. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

tamaraw08 02-27-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

So many rumors right now.. unbelievable..

Some of the rumor stuff I read concerning Lakers/dwight..

- Bynum and gasol for dwight+hedo+nelson is close to being done
- Dwight staying in orlando after sitting down with the magic owner
- dwight to NJ is done deal
- Rondo for bynum is currently being discussed and may happen as soon as march 1
- celtics turned down rondo for gasol

- i saw couple other rumors on general boards and other websites like yahoo/msn. this is insane :eek:

All these rumors tell me one thing: Lakers will do some sort of trade before the deadline. Just way too many rumors for there to be nothing. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

While I am being entertained but these rumors, imagining in my head what could happen etc, I just wish somebody or some websites would track down(keep tabs) the actual accuracies/or inaccuracies of these sources. I mean it's so easy now a days to simply start a rumor or make up a trade scenario and if it actually happens, they hit a jackpot and they'll brag about it and say "you read it from us first":blah

dd24 02-28-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaraw08
While I am being entertained but these rumors, imagining in my head what could happen etc, I just wish somebody or some websites would track down(keep tabs) the actual accuracies/or inaccuracies of these sources. I mean it's so easy now a days to simply start a rumor or make up a trade scenario and if it actually happens, they hit a jackpot and they'll brag about it and say "you read it from us first":blah

I hear ya, but whether there's sources or not, those teams are dangling those players as trade bait. I think it's the media who has a little fun putting together possible scenarios. Luckily we only have a few more weeks of this and we'll know what the Lakers roster will look like for the remainder of the season.

DKLaker 02-28-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaraw08

I'm ignoring every rumor I hear....I'm not even going to think about any of this stuff until whatever deal is done......meaning after Stern signs off......for basketball reasons :facepalm

qrich 02-28-2012 04:40 AM

Walton + First for Gomes + 2nd :D

dd24 02-28-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Walton + First for Gomes + 2nd :D

I don't like it. Gomes doesn't get LA over the hump and they lose a first round pick they could include in a bigger deal.

KBryant24 02-28-2012 05:06 AM

give me sessions and beasley
that right there solves 2 of our biggest problems
we still maintain the best front court in the League
and now we have a distributing PG and a scorer off the bench

LA.MJ&KB#1 02-28-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBryant24
give me sessions and beasley
that right there solves 2 of our biggest problems
we still maintain the best front court in the League
and now we have a distributing PG and a scorer off the bench

100% agree thats all I think we need........:cheers:

dd24 02-28-2012 12:26 PM

Dwight Howard's agent apparently said that if he was traded to the Lakers he wouldn't sign an extension and would still become a FA at the end of the season. I heard this on ESPN radio this morning. Later I read this:

Quote:

Among the many complications here is that any and all hopes of landing Lakers center Andrew Bynum -- the best big man in the league to fill the Howard void -- appear to be dashed because of Howard's view of the Lakers. Close friends of Howard say he was, in fact, informed that Bryant sees him as a second or third option on a championship-caliber team if he came to Los Angeles. And while the stance has its merits on the surface, it simply didn't help matters to engage in any sort of alpha dog discussion if that's what indeed went down. The Buss family that owns the Lakers, in turn, is said to be irked by Bryant's alleged role in the matter and hopeful that Howard -- who they see as the business and basketball draw for the next decade -- can still be convinced otherwise. But Howard's focus, one source close to him insists, was on the Nets regardless of Bryant's perceived influence. SI.com

bleedinpurpleTwo 02-28-2012 01:36 PM

Sheed will play backup Center.

bladefd 02-28-2012 05:54 PM

Stephen A Smith was saying earlier today on First Take that the Lakers/Celtics are revisiting the Rondo deal. Possibly Rondo+Bass for Gasol?

The problem, as he said, is that Rondo cannot shoot. It doesn't take any pressure off Kobe since Rondo would not be able to spread the floor. :confusedshrug:

dd24 02-28-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Stephen A Smith was saying earlier today on First Take that the Lakers/Celtics are revisiting the Rondo deal. Possibly Rondo+Bass for Gasol?

The problem, as he said, is that Rondo cannot shoot. It doesn't take any pressure off Kobe since Rondo would not be able to spread the floor. :confusedshrug:

I'm not sure how I feel about that rumor. Rondo would be the best PG that's been in LA in a really long time. Trading big for small never seems to be a great deal though. Rondo is the best PG that's rumored to be available. I think going after Sessions is just a band aid too, so I guess if we go after someone I'd rather it be a PG that's an all-star caliber player. Rondo not shooting the ball well from outside has worked well enough for Boston to win a title.... The Lakers would still need to address SF & PF at that point though. I'm not sure how they would plan on doing that.

ihatetimthomas 02-28-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dd24
I'm not sure how I feel about that rumor. Rondo would be the best PG that's been in LA in a really long time. Trading big for small never seems to be a great deal though. Rondo is the best PG that's rumored to be available. I think going after Sessions is just a band aid too, so I guess if we go after someone I'd rather it be a PG that's an all-star caliber player. Rondo not shooting the ball well from outside has worked well enough for Boston to win a title.... The Lakers would still need to address SF & PF at that point though. I'm not sure how they would plan on doing that.

I am usually never in favor of big for small, but you get an all star caliber pg who is in his prime and deal a power forward who is on the decline on a massive contract. As you have said, Rondo has done well without being able to shoot. He can do so much more. He is an elite defending pg, and he impacts the game in almost every other area. Rebounding, passing, defense, penetration are all things he can do. I'm sort of on the fence on this deal but I think I would be ok if the deal did happen

bleedinpurpleTwo 02-29-2012 04:32 PM

Rondo and a backup PF?
No thanks. We already have 2 backup PFs.
UNLESS, we are then sending Rondo and Bynum to Orlando for DHoward.

How about Bynum plus Ebanks plus Goude plus picks for Rondo and Pierce?

dd24 02-29-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Rondo and a backup PF?

Why try to get rid of Bynum so easily so the Lakers don't have a C? I think they're trying to move Gasol. I'm not sure the Celtics would trade Pierce and Rondo though. They'd need to get a ton in return for that.

BØBØ 02-29-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Rondo and a backup PF?

Pierce will retire a Celtic

DKLaker 02-29-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BØBØ
Pierce will retire a Celtic

Correct.......and I would be sick to see Pierce in a Lakers Uniform.

lakerfreak 03-01-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Correct.......and I would be sick to see Pierce in a Lakers Uniform.

Despite his citizenship in LA growing up? :D