Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291333)

TheMan 02-21-2013 11:27 AM

This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Ok, I might get some flack by fellow Bulls fans but hear me out.

The Heat remind of the second threepeat Bulls in regards to how they lately seem to be coasting along in a game and then somewhere in the 3rd or early 4th, they up their defensive intensity and they put a 17-4 run on you and all of a sudden what was a close game becomes a comfortable win. The Heat games I've watched this season, granted it's been about a dozen, seem to follow this pattern. The Heat get everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them but they seem unfazed, they got the swag that those Bulls teams had. LBJ just has that MJ "I know I'm best player on the court every night" look, that quiet confidence that rubs off on his teammates. I never saw Wade's 2006 Heat team look like the current Heat where it just looks like you can't beat them if they bring their A game.

You 8 true Heat fans, enjoy it while it lasts man, it won't be this good forever.

guy 02-21-2013 11:30 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
The coast thru a game then turn it up in the end thing maybe right. But the Heat tend to coast thru a season then turn it up when they feel like it. Bulls went balls to the wall thru from the beginning to the end of the season, even in 98 a little bit when you consider Pippen being injured. I don't think we'll see that type of focus throughout a whole season again for a while.

White Mamba 02-21-2013 11:32 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMan
Ok, I might get some flack by fellow Bulls fans but hear me out.

The Heat remind of the second threepeat Bulls in regards to how they lately seem to be coasting along in a game and then somewhere in the 3rd or early 4th, they up their defensive intensity and they put a 17-4 run on you and all of a sudden what was a close game becomes a comfortable win. The Heat games I've watched this season, granted it's been about a dozen, seem to follow this pattern. The Heat get everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them but they seem unfazed, they got the swag that those Bulls teams had. LBJ just has that MJ "I know I'm best player on the court every night" look, that quiet confidence that rubs off on his teammates. I never saw Wade's 2006 Heat team look like the current Heat where it just looks like you can't beat them if they bring their A game.

You 8 true Heat fans, enjoy it while it lasts man, it won't be this good forever.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

AlonzoGOAT 02-21-2013 11:32 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
It's been a good month of basketball :lol

francesco totti 02-21-2013 11:41 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
they coast is true. but people should also factor in, the heat cant play same high intensity D for 48 minutes.
Even in playoffs last year, they had so many games they were down by double digits to turn it around

RoundMoundOfReb 02-21-2013 11:44 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMan
Ok, I might get some flack by fellow Bulls fans but hear me out.

The Heat remind of the second threepeat Bulls in regards to how they lately seem to be coasting along in a game and then somewhere in the 3rd or early 4th, they up their defensive intensity and they put a 17-4 run on you and all of a sudden what was a close game becomes a comfortable win. The Heat games I've watched this season, granted it's been about a dozen, seem to follow this pattern. The Heat get everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them but they seem unfazed, they got the swag that those Bulls teams had. LBJ just has that MJ "I know I'm best player on the court every night" look, that quiet confidence that rubs off on his teammates. I never saw Wade's 2006 Heat team look like the current Heat where it just looks like you can't beat them if they bring their A game.

You 8 true Heat fans, enjoy it while it lasts man, it won't be this good forever.



This made me lol. Good post btw. Heat have been stupidly good down the stretch in close games this year. check out these stats:

+/- in "clutch" situations (score within 5 with 5 to play):

James +89 in 120 min
Bosh +88 in 114 min
Wade +80 in 106 min
Allen +75 in 114 min
Battier +62 in 56 min

Those are the 5 highest in the entire league not just team. Next is Batum with +57 in 133 min.

D-Wade316 02-21-2013 11:45 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
^Where you got that?

TheMan 02-21-2013 11:46 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by francesco totti
they coast is true. but people should also factor in, the heat cant play same high intensity D for 48 minutes.
Even in playoffs last year, they had so many games they were down by double digits to turn it around

That would be pretty hard to do, play high intensity D for 48 mins. You gotta play solid D then pick your spots to turn it up.

RoundMoundOfReb 02-21-2013 11:49 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Wade316
^Where you got that?

NBA.com

arifgokcen 02-21-2013 11:52 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Wade316
^Where you got that?


HE GOT IT FROM HERE


Wow i didnt know that.Thats is ridiculous.Especially battier 56minutes/+62 wow.Thats scary good.

Their best crunch time lineup these 5

and another thing lebron is distributing at an unbelieveable rate in crunch time 15.2apg/per 48 highest qualified mark among all players

Mr. Incredible 02-21-2013 11:52 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Coming from the kid who said the Heat would never win. GTFO. We told you since day 1.

All Net 02-21-2013 11:53 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
This made me lol. Good post btw. Heat have been stupidly good down the stretch in close games this year. check out these stats:

+/- in "clutch" situations (score within 5 with 5 to play):

James +89 in 120 min
Bosh +88 in 114 min
Wade +80 in 106 min
Allen +75 in 114 min
Battier +62 in 56 min

Those are the 5 highest in the entire league not just team. Next is Batum with +57 in 133 min.


Damn impressive.

remember when they sucked in close games in year 1?

TheMan 02-21-2013 11:54 AM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
This made me lol. Good post btw. Heat have been stupidly good down the stretch in close games this year. check out these stats:

+/- in "clutch" situations (score within 5 with 5 to play):

James +89 in 120 min
Bosh +88 in 114 min
Wade +80 in 106 min
Allen +75 in 114 min
Battier +62 in 56 min

Those are the 5 highest in the entire league not just team. Next is Batum with +57 in 133 min.

That's an insane stat. Obviously I'm not going out on a limb when I say that I just don't see anybody beating them this year. Games gotta be played and crazier shit has happened but I don't see anyone knocking them off this year.

TheMan 02-21-2013 12:01 PM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
Coming from the kid who said the Heat would never win. GTFO. We told you since day 1.

Uh, correction. I said they'd never win IF LeBron had to do it all by himself. I said his teammates would need to step up and that's what they've done.

The Heat have been good because everyone is contributing, it's not just the "James Show starring Wade with a special appearences by Bosh"...that wasn't always the case last season when the supporting cast would go MIA and the Heat bench was being called the worst in the NBA, remember?

Thought so.

AlonzoGOAT 02-21-2013 12:02 PM

Re: This Heat team is starting to remind me of the second threepeat Bulls
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
This made me lol. Good post btw. Heat have been stupidly good down the stretch in close games this year. check out these stats:

+/- in "clutch" situations (score within 5 with 5 to play):

James +89 in 120 min
Bosh +88 in 114 min
Wade +80 in 106 min
Allen +75 in 114 min
Battier +62 in 56 min

Those are the 5 highest in the entire league not just team. Next is Batum with +57 in 133 min.

Oh my LAWD. I knew we've been very good in close game situations at the end but this is :eek:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy