Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I don't understand how I travelled (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=331609)

Jyap9675 04-10-2014 06:40 AM

I don't understand how I travelled
 
So I catch the ball, hop step as I catched the ball, fake shot, dribble on my right hand and drive to the right. Then the ref called it a travel, I didn't get to ask after the game. Perhaps when I started to drive right after faking the shot, I lifted my right foot and stepped through then dribbled the ball? I am really not sure...

It is annoying because I am so used to faking the shot after a hop step. How can I fix this?

Thanks boys

01amberfirewv 04-10-2014 09:05 AM

Re: I don't understand how I travelled
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyap9675
So I catch the ball, hop step as I catched the ball, fake shot, dribble on my right hand and drive to the right. Then the ref called it a travel, I didn't get to ask after the game. Perhaps when I started to drive right after faking the shot, I lifted my right foot and stepped through then dribbled the ball? I am really not sure...

It is annoying because I am so used to faking the shot after a hop step. How can I fix this?

Thanks boys


If you had a foot in contact with the ground before you jumped it would be a walk. It would also be a travel if you landed 1-2 then stepped with 1 as you took off. Players travel much more than it's called. The rule states you can never lift and plant your pivot but I see players do it all the time

Levity 04-10-2014 02:15 PM

Re: I don't understand how I travelled
 
did you land on both feet simultaneously after your jump stop? because only then are you allowed a pivot foot.

Burgz V2 04-11-2014 12:33 PM

Re: I don't understand how I travelled
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyap9675
So I catch the ball, hop step as I catched the ball, fake shot, dribble on my right hand and drive to the right. Then the ref called it a travel, I didn't get to ask after the game. Perhaps when I started to drive right after faking the shot, I lifted my right foot and stepped through then dribbled the ball? I am really not sure...

It is annoying because I am so used to faking the shot after a hop step. How can I fix this?

Thanks boys


if you didnt come to a two point stop when you caught it and moved your pivot foot when you faked for the shot, that's a travel. Get's called all the time in my leagues and no one ever knows why they travelled because they weren't taught that you ALWAYS come to a two point jump stop when you catch the ball. Two point jump stop is your friend

Lebron23 04-12-2014 08:47 PM

Re: I don't understand how I travelled
 
Referees in the Barangay League are trigger happy in calling this violations.

Jyap9675 04-18-2014 04:06 AM

Re: I don't understand how I travelled
 
this really helped me tremendously!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcoUc6K-g9k

01amberfirewv 04-18-2014 07:45 AM

Re: I don't understand how I travelled
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyap9675
this really helped me tremendously!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcoUc6K-g9k


Great video, I think the last two are illegal in high school and college though where you get a gather step and a step not a gather and two steps

ILLsmak 04-25-2014 01:55 AM

Re: I don't understand how I travelled
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Levity
did you land on both feet simultaneously after your jump stop? because only then are you allowed a pivot foot.


yea but it seems people are super lenient with that. lol. People take some ****ing epic jump stops in college and pros. I think it's more likely that he just moved his feet before putting the ball down.

IMO if you are fast, it's pretty hard to get a good explosion while dribbling properly. Luckily, they are lenient on that, too.

-Smak


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy