Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Manning vs. Brady (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26886)

dgbigballer9329 01-20-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Peyton has started every single game since his NFL career has started. Brady is a tough tough cookie, but Manning has the edge.

Since Brady filled in for Bledsoe, he's started every game as well. No difference in durability, especially when Brady's played with injuries.

dgbigballer9329 01-20-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

EDIT: Nvm, I just realized that you're a Patriots fan. Majority of the people who say Brady > Favre are Pat fans. Not too other people would. Eh, whatever floats your boat.

I brought it up because it was said that Tom shouldn't be put in Favre's class. It was completely relevant.

And i'm a die-hard Redskins fan. No affiliation to New England. Howd you reach that conclusion?

GOBB 01-20-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

You can put Manning above Brady. All good. But it's silly to act like defense carried him to 3 rings. Foolish. GOBB, usually you're smart and knowledgeable in NFL manners. Probably the most knowledgeable that i read on this board. But THAT argument was dumb, especially looking at Brady's history and accomplishments.

I made a point that Manning never played opposite a defense like NE's. Tom wasnt Trent Dilfer at all. Just saying i didnt find his overall postseason success amazing. He has had moments where he was just $$$$. I give him that. But it just reminds me of Troy Aikman. Accurate passer, good pocket poise and will make that $$$ pass/play every now and then. I like Manning because he can disect a defense in its entirety. He can go deep and be accurate with it. How often does Tom throw it long? I didnt mean for it to see like the NE D = Ravens D in 2000 and Tom played Dilfer.

I really dont see an argument for Tom Brady being better than Brett Favre and Ill throw another name out there. Steve Young. Tom has some more convincing for me to put him above those two.

dgbigballer9329 01-20-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

But it just reminds me of Troy Aikman

They can be comparable, but even Aikman played with the NFL's all-time leading rusher, one of the greatest wide receivers to play the game, and one of the best o-lines to ever play the game. Brady hasn't had that luxury, and that has to be weighed in to the variables too.

Spike Spiegel 01-20-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
I brought it up because it was said that Tom shouldn't be put in Favre's class. It was completely relevant.

And i'm a die-hard Redskins fan. No affiliation to New England. Howd you reach that conclusion?

My mistake. You're a Celts fan (if I remember correctly?) and I made the Pats-relation assumption. That was my bad.

Spike Spiegel 01-20-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
I really dont see an argument for Tom Brady being better than Brett Favre and Ill throw another name out there. Steve Young. Tom has some more convincing for me to put him above those two.

And this is coming from a guy who can't stand Favre. :)

dgbigballer9329 01-20-2007 10:06 PM

Wizards fan, but Redskins are the only team in sports i live and die with. Usually die.

Spike Spiegel 01-20-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
Wizards fan, but Redskins are the only team in sports i live and die with. Usually die.

I must have you completely mixed-up with someone else then. Carry on.