Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   HEBA Greek Championship (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132609)

Lakas Fan Yo 05-21-2009 07:54 PM

HEBA Greek Championship
 
What a great finals this should be. The Euroleague champions Panathinaikos versus the Euroleague semifinalists Olympiacos. Panathinaikos has already beaten Olympiacos in the Greek Cup Championship and was the team that eliminated them at the Euroleague Final Four.

So the Greek Finals should be great, since 2 of the top 4 clubs in Europe will be facing each other. Never mind of course that this is the biggest sports rivalry in the world on top of it.

Panathinaikos beat Olympiacos in the first game of the Greek Finals.

Grinder 05-21-2009 08:34 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
That was a great game, PAO barely escaped 69-67.

Childress showed up in a big way for Olympiacos and Bourousis had his usual dominant performance. I expect Olympiacos to come back and take this series.

la bomba 05-22-2009 03:45 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
That was a great game, PAO barely escaped 69-67.

Childress showed up in a big way for Olympiacos and Bourousis had his usual dominant performance. I expect Olympiacos to come back and take this series.

I hope so, I am neutral but I have more friends who support olympiakos,so for them I wish they do it.Last year it was a great series and I think this year will be the same.It will be hard for olympiakos to win nothing at all after all the investment that has been made.

Lakas Fan Yo 05-22-2009 07:16 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
That was a great game, PAO barely escaped 69-67.

Childress showed up in a big way for Olympiacos and Bourousis had his usual dominant performance. I expect Olympiacos to come back and take this series.


Nope. Panathinaikos will win it for sure.

Taras Bulba 05-22-2009 08:32 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
@ Lakas Fan Yo:

1. It's called A1 and not HEBA Championship.
2. Biggest sports rivalry in the world? Let me laugh.
3. Great games? Did you actually watch the 1st game? It was a disgrace. 67-69. High school basketball it was.

@ Grinder:

You seriously believe Olympiacos can win in OAKA? With this coach? What a joke.

Grinder 05-22-2009 09:13 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
@ Lakas Fan Yo:

1. It's called A1 and not HEBA Championship.
2. Biggest sports rivalry in the world? Let me laugh.
3. Great games? Did you actually watch the 1st game? It was a disgrace. 67-69. High school basketball it was.

@ Grinder:

You seriously believe Olympiacos can win in OAKA? With this coach? What a joke.


Of course. Wait and see.

Taras Bulba 05-22-2009 09:27 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
Of course. Wait and see.

No offense but I'm tired of waiting since 1997. and with this coach i will wait for... well until he leaves.

Lakas Fan Yo 05-23-2009 12:11 AM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
@ Lakas Fan Yo:

1. It's called A1 and not HEBA Championship.
2. Biggest sports rivalry in the world? Let me laugh.
3. Great games? Did you actually watch the 1st game? It was a disgrace. 67-69. High school basketball it was.

@ Grinder:

You seriously believe Olympiacos can win in OAKA? With this coach? What a joke.


Mr. Expert. It's actually called the HEBA Championship OPAP. Yes it's the biggest sports rivalry in the world.

Taras Bulba 05-23-2009 10:47 AM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Yes, it's called like that by retards. Coaches, payers and Greek fans call it A1.

Can you actually back up your claim about this being the world's biggest sports rivalry with some facts? Maybe some LINKS? Or are you again talking crap, as usual?

Ever heard of Real Madrid-Barcelona? Boca Juniors-River Plate? Flamengo-Fluminense? Red Star-Partizan? Dinamo Zagreb-Hajduk Split? Galatasaray-Fenerbahce? CELTIC-RANGERS?

I didn't think so.

Psych0 05-23-2009 12:41 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
Yes, it's called like that by retards. Coaches, payers and Greek fans call it A1.

Can you actually back up your claim about this being the world's biggest sports rivalry with some facts? Maybe some LINKS? Or are you again talking crap, as usual?

Ever heard of Real Madrid-Barcelona? Boca Juniors-River Plate? Flamengo-Fluminense? Red Star-Partizan? Dinamo Zagreb-Hajduk Split? Galatasaray-Fenerbahce? CELTIC-RANGERS?

I didn't think so.

As I am from Croatia, and my team plays in a league that contains serbian clubs too (basketball NLB league, often called Adriatic league), I must say that PAO-Oly rivalry is much greater than any of ex-Yugoslavian. Although ex-yu rivalries are big too... Red Star fans don`t even go to the basketball matches for the couple of years.

Taras Bulba 05-23-2009 07:12 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psych0
Red Star fans don`t even go to the basketball matches for the couple of years.

Because they know they will lose to Partizan in the end, as usual.

Anyway. Panathinaikos agreed terms with both Milenko Tepic and Nick Calathes. Anyone who actually have seen these players and can write a couple of sentences about them?

Lakas Fan Yo 05-23-2009 07:58 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
Yes, it's called like that by retards. Coaches, payers and Greek fans call it A1.


The OFFICIAL NAME is ESAKE or HEBA.

Lakas Fan Yo 05-23-2009 08:00 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
Because they know they will lose to Partizan in the end, as usual.

Anyway. Panathinaikos agreed terms with both Milenko Tepic and Nick Calathes. Anyone who actually have seen these players and can write a couple of sentences about them?


Why? So you can tell them to F Off because "only you KNOW the truth about them"? I don't think so. Your arrogance in this forum is nauseating.

Psych0 05-24-2009 04:55 PM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
Because they know they will lose to Partizan in the end, as usual.

Anyway. Panathinaikos agreed terms with both Milenko Tepic and Nick Calathes. Anyone who actually have seen these players and can write a couple of sentences about them?

The reasons are much deeper, but this is not topic for it...

Tepic is very good player, has solid shoot and is very good in 1 on 1 situations. He plays very smart, but I personally don`t like players like him. That type of players, that is... I`d compare him to Zoran Planinić. Not so good offensively (post moves etc.) but younger.

dab0yech0 05-25-2009 05:10 AM

Re: HEBA Greek Championship
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
Because they know they will lose to Partizan in the end, as usual.

Anyway. Panathinaikos agreed terms with both Milenko Tepic and Nick Calathes. Anyone who actually have seen these players and can write a couple of sentences about them?


I've seen a couple Nick Calathes games and if you want NBA player comparisons, I would say a mix of Wally Szcerbiak with Jason Williams ball handling and passing ability.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy