Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   In the next 6 games you are going to see why Bynum is more valuable than Kobe.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71287)

AllNBAArenas 01-14-2008 02:30 PM

In the next 6 games you are going to see why Bynum is more valuable than Kobe....

...to the Laker's success. Bynum has become the foundation of the Lakers and is already sucking in the defense down low even though he has been playing at an elite level for a short time. The Lakers are probably better with both Kobe and Bynum, but Bynum has become the more valuable player to the Lakers. W/o Kobe the team still works, functions, and flows very well, they just lose a player who gets hot every 5 games or so. Without Bynum they lose all cohesiveness and Kobe becomes unglued and just starts gunning with the rest of the team just standing around watching him go off on his own.

Without Kobe, the Lakers are still a good team. Without Bynum, the Lakers are, scratch that, will play like a very mediocre team. Bynum will probably miss around 3 weeks, hopefully no more. As a barometer, lets take a look at the next 6 games and see how well Kobe leads his team w/o Bynum. I'm guessing you are going to see exactly how valuable Bynum is to this team and how hopeless and destructive Kobe is by himself.

ihatetimthomas 01-14-2008 02:41 PM

Re: In the next 6 games you are going to see why Bynum is more valuable than Kobe....

Stupid thread. They are both equally important. Without Kobe, they will lose. Without Bynum, they will lose. Its as easy as that. They need both of them to win and they cant do it n their own indivdually. So i guess if the lakers do bad, you automatically going to say bynum is far superior to kobe? Fact is, they both need each other. A kobe-less or bynum-less laker squad will both cause the lakers to struggle

loot 01-14-2008 02:41 PM

Re: In the next 6 games you are going to see why Bynum is more valuable than Kobe....

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllNBAArenas
Without Bynum, the Lakers are, scratch that, will play like a very mediocre team.

Use backspace.

MaxFly 01-14-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

As a barometer, lets take a look at the next 6 games and see how well Kobe leads his team w/o Bynum. I'm guessing you are going to see exactly how valuable Bynum is to this team and how hopeless and destructive Kobe is by himself.

It's also, conveniently, one of the toughest stretches of their schedule this season: Phoenix, Denver, San Antonio, Dallas, Cleaveland.

I'm still not certain why people are trying to convince us that Bynum is a top 5 or even a top 10 player in the league right now.

AllNBAArenas 01-14-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Stupid thread. They are both equally important. Without Kobe, they will lose. Without Bynum, they will lose.

Without Kobe, the Lakers are still a very good team. Without Bynum, the Lakers are a .500 team at best. The laker team has gotten comfortable with their roles and contributions this season, so for them to see all their talents being thrown to the side and efforts wasted so Kobe can go and try to do everything by himself, it's gonna frustrate them and you will see it in their play. Bynum's play somehow grounded Kobe, without that anchor Kobe's gonna apesh!t.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxFly

I'm still not certain why people are trying to convince us that Bynum is a top 5 or even a top 10 player in the league right now.

Who said he was a top 10 player? He just makes the Lakers a better team than Kobe. Raw talent and flash does not always translate into wins. How many times have we seen that in the NBA.

YAWN 01-14-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

It's also, conveniently, one of the toughest stretches of their schedule this season: Phoenix, Denver, San Antonio, Dallas, Cleaveland.

its a chance to say kobe sucks, you know how haters are.

vert48 01-14-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

No one thinks Bynum is a top 10 player right now.

AllNBAArenas 01-14-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YAWN

It's not a chance to just say it, it's a chance to prove it. Lets just wait and see how well Kobe does without Bynum. :pimp:

ukballer 01-14-2008 02:56 PM

All we need, another Bynum thread.

ihatetimthomas 01-14-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Without Kobe, the Lakers are still a very good team. Without Bynum, the Lakers are a .500 team at best. The laker team has gotten comfortable with their roles and contributions this season, so for them to see all their talents being thrown to the side and efforts wasted so Kobe can go and try to do everything by himself, it's gonna frustrate them and you will see it in their play. Bynum's play somehow grounded Kobe, without that anchor Kobe's gonna apesh!t.

Give me a freaken break man. The lakers are still a very good team without kobe? You know how dumb that sounds? I understand you are a kobe hater but lets be reasonable here. Bynums impact on the Lakers is huge. But Kobe creates a lot of oppurtunities for Bynum. He finds him in the paint and works well off him. They need each other. Bynum gets a lot of easy looks because of Kobe.

YAWN 01-14-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

It's not a chance to just say it, it's a chance to prove it. Lets just wait and see how well Kobe does without Bynum. :pimp:

as a previous poster mentioned facing the spurs, mavs, suns, nuggets without your starting center doesn't prove anything.

DTD 01-14-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Predictable too.

AllNBAArenas 01-14-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

as a previous poster mentioned facing the spurs, mavs, suns, nuggets without your starting center doesn't prove anything.

Already making excuses for your boy's upcoming losses. I anticipate the chance to see the Lakers play with a healthy Bynum and no Kobe.

dejordan 01-14-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Already making excuses for your boy's upcoming losses. I anticipate the chance to see the Lakers play with a healthy Bynum and no Kobe.

anticipate all you want, if they have to go against the spurs, mavs, suns, and nugs without their all-nba 2 guard, they are unlikely to win. those are some very strong teams. and for the record, kobe's a laker which makes him most definitely not my boy, so you can keep that piece of rhetoric in your pocket. any time you lose 25+ pts and your best perimeter defender and passer, you really don't want to be going against the top three teams from last year or someone with the fire power that the nuggets have (though i think they are pretty banged up themselves right now - and so are the spurs right?).

YAWN 01-14-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

more like common sense, but if you choose to call it an excuse go for it.

if we can get 2 wins out of those 4 and also beat seattle and cleveland, ill call it a success.