Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Top Ten Nfl QBs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238462)

detroitkid816 11-01-2011 07:38 PM

Top Ten Nfl QBs

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Big Burg
5. Rivers
6. Eli
7. Vick
8. Romo
9. Stafford
10. Fitz

I think it's close to impossible to rank Flacco, Freeman, Ryan, Cutler and Sanchez because of their inconsistency, so I didn't bother making a top 15. I can't rank peyton anywhere on any list because there is a possibility he won't even play again. Newton is probably the most intriguing guy of them all. I can definitely see him surpassing 3-4 of the top ten next year...maybe even crawling in after the next 9 weeks.

Edit: thought about it. can't put stafford over vick and romo just yet

GOBB 11-01-2011 08:38 PM

Re: Top Ten Nfl QBs

Uh oh, someone is going to cry because Romo is too low.

AirGauge23 11-01-2011 08:42 PM

This season?

If so, Rivers isn't top 10.

DMV2 11-01-2011 08:45 PM

Fitzpatrick should be above Vick and Romo.

-playmaker- 11-01-2011 08:46 PM

I'm fine with Romo at 9...I think Stafford is overrated though. Granted I haven't watched every game, but from what I have seen I wasn't impressed at all. Even his TD throws to Calvin are horrible in triple coverage...Calvin just bails him out.

NuggetsFan 11-01-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -playmaker-
I'm fine with Romo at 9...I think Stafford is overrated though. Granted I haven't watched every game, but from what I have seen I wasn't impressed at all. Even his TD throws to Calvin are horrible in triple coverage...Calvin just bails him out.

I think the whole point in having somebody like Calvin Johnson is the fact that you can do that kinda stuff. Like that one game .. Calvin just pointed up to toss him the ball. It's worked out well that Stafford has been willing to trust throwing a jump ball to Johnson whenever. Don't think it can be used as a slight against him, any QB in the league is going to take advantage of that.

Theoo's Daddy 11-01-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I think the whole point in having somebody like Calvin Johnson is the fact that you can do that kinda stuff. Like that one game .. Calvin just pointed up to toss him the ball. It's worked out well that Stafford has been willing to trust throwing a jump ball to Johnson whenever. Don't think it can be used as a slight against him, any QB in the league is going to take advantage of that.

Also Tim tebow wouldn't make that pass though. it takes skill to do what stafford does. :D

-playmaker- 11-01-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan

His accuracy was awful that whole game...

Maybe it shouldn't be used to say he sucks, but Staff certainly has an edge on other QBs stat wise because of Calvin...maybe similar to Cullpepper with prime Moss.

Maybe Stafford will prove to be great, but I am not convinced yet...

GOBB 11-01-2011 08:59 PM

Explain what makes Matthew Stafford overrated. Playing with a great WR isnt it. So I'd love to see you give a reasonable explanation for your statement. If you cant? I understand why. If Calvin Johnson was thrown on the Rams you wouldnt be using Calvin Johnsons against Sam Bradford. Anyway, I'll wait to see your post on why Matthew Stafford is overrated.

NuggetsFan 11-01-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -playmaker-
His accuracy was awful that whole game...

Maybe it shouldn't be used to say he sucks, but Staff certainly has an edge on other QBs stat wise because of Calvin...maybe similar to Cullpepper with prime Moss.

Maybe Stafford will prove to be great, but I am not convinced yet...

I thought he was alot better during the second half. Been abit so my memory may be foggy. That one TD against Dallas I'm pretty sure it was planned. Calvin like pointed up. Probably practice those kinda throws alot.

No doubt it's advantage. Not like his WR's are all top notch tho. A team like Green Bay probably has an overall better receiving core and that wouldn't be used as a slight against Rogers.

Nanners 11-01-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Explain what makes Matthew Stafford overrated. Playing with a great WR isnt it. So I'd love to see you give a reasonable explanation for your statement. If you cant? I understand why. If Calvin Johnson was thrown on the Rams you wouldnt be using Calvin Johnsons against Sam Bradford. Anyway, I'll wait to see your post on why Matthew Stafford is overrated.

If matthew stafford is overrated then tony romo is overrated. Romo basically has the best group of receivers in the entire nfl.... dez, austin, witten.... as a group thats probably better than what the lions have.

MMM 11-01-2011 09:16 PM

1 Brady
2 Rodgers
3 Brees
4 Roethlisberger
5 Rivers
6 Vick
7 Eli
8 Fitzpatrick
9 Stafford
10 Flacco

Honorable Mention: Jay Cutler

Playmakers Dad 11-01-2011 09:18 PM

Cam should be top 10

mlh1981 11-01-2011 09:20 PM

Lists like this are always difficult, as the criteria can sometimes be confusing. Are we talking about the top 10 quarterbacks right NOW, this second, or just the top 10 "in general" with some "leeway" given to those who are injured/struggling a bit, but have the body of work to suggest they will rebound?

Rameek 11-01-2011 09:28 PM

To this point of the season....

Rodgers
Killa Cam
Breeze
Brady
Roth
Staff
Eli
Shaub
Vick