Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Director Tony Scott commits suicide. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275118)

Hotlantadude81 08-20-2012 12:14 AM

Director Tony Scott commits suicide.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/cali...-thomas-bridge

SourPatchKids 08-20-2012 12:17 AM

Re: Director Tony Scott commits suicide.

I've only seen his brother's works. But RIP

KevinNYC 08-20-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids

Holy :biggums:

Lebron23 08-20-2012 12:18 AM

RIP

Why did he jumped into the bridge?

SpecialQue 08-20-2012 12:20 AM

If there's any justice in the world, it happened in slow-mo with a huge explosion behind him.

DonDadda59 08-20-2012 12:21 AM

I remember around the time Prometheus was about to premiere, I read a lengthy article about Ridley Scott and he mentioned how he's battled serious depression for most of his life, looks like it ran in the family. RIP.

Lebron23 08-20-2012 12:28 AM

Tony was planning to direct Top Gun 2.0.

DonDadda59 08-20-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebron23
Tony was planning to direct Top Gun 2.0.

He had at least 2 big studio flicks he was supposed to direct as well as ton of movies (Prometheus 2 included) and a TV show (Person of Interest if I'm not mistaken) he was an executive producer on. It wasn't a business/professional or financial reason that caused him to commit suicide, must've been personal or like I figure- he had been suffering from severe depression like his brother. Hopefully Ridley and the rest of the family can find a way to cope.

Myth 08-20-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

How have you not seen Tony Scott's work? You haven't seen Top Gun? Man on Fire? Deja Vu? Enemy of the State? The Fan? True Romance? The Last Boyscout? Beverly Hills Cop 2? And that is just some of the films he directed.

Sad day for movie fans. :(

ZeN 08-20-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
How have you not seen Tony Scott's work? You haven't seen Top Gun? Man on Fire? Deja Vu? Enemy of the State? The Fan? True Romance? The Last Boyscout? Beverly Hills Cop 2? And that is just some of the films he directed.

Sad day for movie fans. :(

SPK is like 14

And yeah, this news sucks.. why couldnt it have been Michael Bay.. Whyyyyy??????

DuMa 08-20-2012 12:41 AM

damn. he also directed one of my favorites. Spy Game.

But then i also just watched Unstoppable earlier today and facepalmed at how many motion shots he did with that movie as well.

So curious to know why he wanted out in life. If being a hollywood director making tons of money isnt enough, then what is?

DonDadda59 08-20-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
damn. he also directed one of my favorites. Spy Game.

But then i also just watched Unstoppable earlier today and facepalmed at how many motion shots he did with that movie as well.

So curious to know why he wanted out in life. If being a hollywood director making tons of money isnt enough, then what is?

No amount of money, fame, success, etc can overcome serious depression. We've seen that countless times with successful people who've self destructed. Here's another case unfortunately.

ZeN 08-20-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDadda59
No amount of money, fame, success, etc can overcome serious depression. We've seen that countless times with successful people who've self destructed. Here's another case unfortunately.

QFT

Patrick Chewing 08-20-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

You ain't never seen Top Gun??

ZeN 08-20-2012 12:57 AM

I wonder if theres any evidence of foul play..