Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What is one thing you wish you'd known or known about earlier? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11302)

holabuster 09-17-2006 06:37 PM

What is one thing you wish you'd known or known about earlier?

Just as the question says. Maybe you'll have something useful to offer. It can be about anything, but really try to have some meaing to it.

For me, I wish I'd known that in relationships, you gotta keep a good buffer zone in between you and the girl so you each have space. Also, you should stop worrying about whether or not she likes you, and see if you like HER.

Another:
Downloading software and finding cracks for it is a good way to get useful applications.

AppleNader 09-17-2006 06:40 PM

I wish I had known early to take AP Computer Science in high school so that I wouldn't have had to take an extremely difficult version in college that has f&cked my freshman year GPA.

Seriously.

GoRapz 09-17-2006 06:40 PM

Nothing, because everything has lead me up to a point where I am now. :pimp:

artificial 09-17-2006 07:07 PM

i wish i had known earlier how different are trouble between women and trouble between men.

example: your best female friend and your girlfriend will hardly ever get along. and if they do, i wish i had known how careful you have to be to keep that going.

interesting thread. i will post if something else comes to mind

hateraid 09-17-2006 07:12 PM

This board seem to have alot of women problems.

Anyways, a little off topic, but I've always said if I'd applied what I've learned about the game of basketball, and used it with my earlier athleticism, I'd be a ridiculous bball player.

holabuster 09-17-2006 07:12 PM

Artificial, ditto on that. I had a girlfriend, whose best friend, i became close friends with. I never had thoughts about hooking up with her, it was totally just between friends, but I dunno, what happened, and some crazy stuff happened.

The second time around tho, it was all okay. You really gotta be careful dealing with gfs and female friends and everything.

clipps 09-17-2006 07:14 PM

Nothing because things happen for a reason.

hateraid 09-17-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artificial
i wish i had known earlier how different are trouble between women and trouble between men.

example: your best female friend and your girlfriend will hardly ever get along. and if they do, i wish i had known how careful you have to be to keep that going.

interesting thread. i will post if something else comes to mind

That is a very good situation to be in, there is always a bit of competitaveness for attention. If there is genuine friendship, gotto keep that rollin. This situation kind of reminds me of the movie My Best Friend's Wedding.

basketballer4 09-17-2006 07:22 PM

I wish I had known that whore I slept with last night had herpes. Damn it, it itches like hell!:mad:

kentatm 09-17-2006 07:26 PM

stay in college as long as you can. the real world is a big pain in the ass.

kentatm 09-17-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballer4
I wish I had known that whore I slept with last night had herpes. Damn it, it itches like hell!:mad:

yea...... dont really think it works that way. stop using limewire and the family computer for your illicit needs.

SsKSpurs21 09-17-2006 07:30 PM

i wish that, i knew what i know now, when i was younger, i wish that, i knew what i know now, when i was younger.

i wish i knew how important high school was...maybe i could have tried harder and gotten into a top tier school.

JSub 09-17-2006 07:31 PM

I wish I had majored in business and not molecular cellular biology. Man, what a pain in the ass.

Hawker 09-17-2006 07:40 PM

i wish i ahd known singing is cool.

joewait 09-17-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSub
I wish I had majored in business and not molecular cellular biology. Man, what a pain in the ass.

uh, why? outside of majoring in finance at wharton or stern or MIT, 99% of business majors are retards. Molecular cell bio is a fascinating field on the other hand

JSub 09-17-2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joewait
uh, why? outside of majoring in finance at wharton or stern or MIT, 99% of business majors are retards. Molecular cell bio is a fascinating field on the other hand

MCB was just so much work and ass-r@ping. Business majors have it so much easier. Social life, partying and networking are requirements. Plus, the money my business friends are now making is insane. Six figures straight out of college is ridiculous. W-T-F

I'm definitely planning to study on the east coast to get an MBA eventually. Mix that with the pharmaceutical experience I'm gaining right now. I think that'll make up for my crappy undergraduate biology studies...

joewait 09-17-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

MCB was just so much work and ass-r@ping. Business majors have it so much easier. Social life, partying and networking are requirements. Plus, the money my business friends are now making is insane. Six figures straight out of college is ridiculous. W-T-F

I'm definitely planning to study on the east coast to get an MBA eventually. Mix that with the pharmaceutical experience I'm gaining right now. I think that'll make up for my crappy undergraduate biology studies...

Is money really that important? Ibankers work 90 hour weeks and do useless work and waste the best years of their lives. I wouldn't trade a million a year salary in the business world for what I'm doing now.

sydneyking 09-17-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

uh, why? outside of majoring in finance at wharton or stern or MIT, 99% of business majors are retards.
You forgot about Actuaries :pimp:

Glove_20 09-17-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Just curious

What have these friends of yours become? Like what are their job titles?

I know Investment Banking...but what else?

Glove_20 09-17-2006 09:14 PM

Oh yeah to answer the question

I wish I had known that McNabb was going to have a better day at QB than Hasselback today

rocfan1 09-17-2006 09:22 PM

I wish I would have known about Microsoft stocks in the 80s so I would be rich right now!!!!!!!1

All of you just got Sonned!!!!

joewait 09-17-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydneyking
You forgot about Actuaries :pimp:

true. Actuarial science is all math and passing those tests is incredibly difficult (i think very few people get past test 4-5)

Younggrease 09-17-2006 09:25 PM

I wish i knew that nothing came for free.

School gives you a full schlarship, but you got to be 1 of 15 black people in your class. Def not worth it. Id rather go in debt.

bigboi_baller 09-17-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocfan1
I wish I would have known about Microsoft stocks in the 80s so I would be rich right now!!!!!!!1

All of you just got Sonned!!!!

i wish i was alive in the 80s so I could have invested in microsoft...

no really, I wish I knew how lucky I was to have such a happy childhood and be loved by so many people

Heilige 09-17-2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Are you saying if you are an introverted person, you shouldn't get a business degree?

bigboi_baller 09-17-2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
I wish i knew that nothing came for free.

School gives you a full schlarship, but you got to be 1 of 15 black people in your class. Def not worth it. Id rather go in debt.

i go to a priv catholic high school and 90% our student body are really rich white kids who haven't shopped outside of A&F in their lives, but never buy new shoes...Kinda digressing, but the kids at my rich high school are loaded with new cash and have tons of clothes but they have one pair of crappy dirty kicks.
Theres only 10-15 black kids in my class but most of them are sports stars, guess thats how they got in...too bad I'm the only brown guy and aren't a sports star...it sucks..
I went to a mostly mexican elementary school and when I got to the all white HS, its was like culture shock. First day of school I was like "Wtf is American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Puma? what happened to jordan, southpole (my mexican friends' fav company, and ecko?"

heavensdevil 09-17-2006 10:42 PM

re

I wish I had known what Bin laden was up to so I could have prevented 9/11.

exit 09-17-2006 10:44 PM

'd know that daydreaming is a time waster :rolleyes:

Targus™ 09-17-2006 10:47 PM

I wish I had known what Robert Horry was gonna do to the Kings, so that i could blast his freakin head off.

Targus™ 09-17-2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
i go to a priv catholic high school and 90% our student body are really rich white kids who haven't shopped outside of A&F in their lives, but never buy new shoes...Kinda digressing, but the kids at my rich high school are loaded with new cash and have tons of clothes but they have one pair of crappy dirty kicks.
Theres only 10-15 black kids in my class but most of them are sports stars, guess thats how they got in...too bad I'm the only brown guy and aren't a sports star...it sucks..
I went to a mostly mexican elementary school and when I got to the all white HS, its was like culture shock. First day of school I was like "Wtf is American Eagle, Abercrombie, and Puma? what happened to jordan, southpole (my mexican friends' fav company, and ecko?"

:roll:

HALLandOATES 09-17-2006 10:55 PM

i wish i would of known that black kids don't like new rich white kids in detroit:(

Younggrease 09-17-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targus™
:roll:

Exactly im like the only dude that wears anything different. Our undergrad is on PR as most HOMOGENOUS Students and they arent lying. We are right out of an Abercrombie catalog. Im like the only guy that wears anything different, i wear polos but i also throw on white tees and the occasional Lakers Jersey.

Its funny because you gotta deal with so many sterotypes because you dont conform to their style, even from the teachers.

This happened this week.

In Cultural Anthropolgy class with one black friend, teacher is like its a lot different teaching here than at Seton Hall, which is mostly black and hispanic. Glances at us. YOu guys dress really preppy and wear expensive stuff while the guys at Seton Hall shop at places like Walmart. Did he really blacks shop at Walmart, yep he did.

bigboi_baller 09-17-2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
Exactly im like the only dude that wears anything different. Our undergrad is on PR as most HOMOGENOUS Students and they arent lying. We are right out of an Abercrombie catalog. Im like the only guy that wears anything different, i wear polos but i also throw on white tees and the occasional Lakers Jersey.

Its funny because you gotta deal with so many sterotypes because you dont conform to their style, even from the teachers.

This happened this week.

In Cultural Anthropolgy class with one black friend, teacher is like its a lot different teaching here than at Seton Hall, which is mostly black and hispanic. Glances at us. YOu guys dress really preppy and wear expensive stuff while the guys at Seton Hall shop at places like Walmart. Did he really blacks shop at Walmart, yep he did.

its weird when my white friends ask why i bother buying jordans for over a hundred while they buy ripped A/F jeans for like $200.

bigboi_baller 09-17-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavensdevil
I wish I had known what Bin laden was up to so I could have prevented 9/11.

what would you have done? told the government.
that wouldn't make a difference, because they already now.
But i also wish I could have stopped it too.

ALBballer 09-18-2006 12:02 AM

bigboi your right, what's up with white American kids wearing beat up sneakers, a small t-shirt that has some stupid saying on it, but wearing expensive jeans that are ripped?

But then again I do laugh at all the gangsta kids who color coordinate their whole outfit. Seriously, belt matches hat, shoes compliment t-shirt and what not, whatever happened to dressing normal.

Jerm 09-18-2006 12:08 AM

I wish I knew Economics was loaded with Maths, could have gone into medicine.

NBAEMoreira022 09-18-2006 12:08 AM

I wish I would have known that sleeping everyday during summer at around 5 am in the morning after watching movies and then waking up and staying home all day long without interacting with the outside world would affect your social life . . Im trying to become a better person though

bigboi_baller 09-18-2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBAEMoreira022
I wish I would have known that sleeping everyday during summer at around 5 am in the morning after watching movies and then waking up and staying home all day long without interacting with the outside world would affect your social life . . Im trying to become a better person though

hahahaaha......not
Don't try to be funny, either you are funny like me or your not

Hawker 09-18-2006 12:16 AM

i wish i wouldve known i couldve gotten a lot of pu ssy in middle school

NBAEMoreira022 09-18-2006 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBballer
bigboi your right, what's up with white American kids wearing beat up sneakers, a small t-shirt that has some stupid saying on it, but wearing expensive jeans that are ripped?

But then again I do laugh at all the gangsta kids who color coordinate their whole outfit. Seriously, belt matches hat, shoes compliment t-shirt and what not, whatever happened to dressing normal.

I have a rich white friend that he dresses normal, and his dad does to. If you saw him you cant tell he's rich, he only dresses nice if its a special occasion . . thats the problem between some people, some people want to look good all the time, always having fresh closthe on, while others dont care about that , and why do some people judge what others wear? Closthe doesnt make a person, and if you judge somebody by what they wear, you we'rent raised right. Im not saying that to anybody in paticular, thats just what I beileive in, and I was taught to not judge people . . .