Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Akon suggests that blacks move to Africa following George Zimmerman acquittal (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307648)

Johnny Jones 07-14-2013 07:38 PM

Akon suggests that blacks move to Africa following George Zimmerman acquittal

http://rollingout.com/music/akon-george-zimmerman/

Quote:

“Every African American in the United States need to move their money, family, knowledge back to Africa were u will be treated like the royalty you are,” Akon captioned the below photo. “You don’t deserve this treatment. This is not your country!!”

:facepalm

StocktonFan 07-14-2013 07:40 PM

Re: Akon suggests that blacks move to Africa following George Zimmerman acquittal

Yeah, go ahead and leave... we don't need an ex-con here anyways.

Rasheed1 07-14-2013 07:42 PM

Re: Akon suggests that blacks move to Africa following George Zimmerman acquittal

Akon is wrong.. This is our country.. This country was built on the backs of slaves.. the racists are dying.. now is not the time to leave and give up

Clifton 07-14-2013 07:44 PM

Being black is America is still weird. I'm not going to deny it.

But it's hard to explain exactly why, or how, it's weird. Because racism as we know it basically doesn't exist anymore. It is the #1 most culturally frowned-upon thing in our culture.

But that doesn't mean there aren't racial and cultural tensions still.

My instinct, though, is to say that nothing productive can be said or exchanged in the context of this trial. It's one of those "the media evokes our tribal savage / pack animal mentality because it's profitable and exciting" moments. I think there's actually very little cultural substance to this trial. What little there is is attributable to the state and future of America's gun culture, not racial profiling and such things. Maybe I'm wrong. But I think nobody cares if you're black, Akon, and you've probably got a better shot at prosperity here than in Africa, which has about as much cultural affinity to most American blacks as Finland does.

Scholar 07-14-2013 07:53 PM

What a stupid comment to make. Akon is such a moron.

What part of Africa is he suggesting, huh? "Hey, guys, I think there's less violence in South Africa than Sierra Leon... Or no, is it the other way around? Whatever. At any rate, there's less crime and diseases there! We can live in civility, where everyone is treated equally!"

NuggetsFan 07-14-2013 07:53 PM

Wasn't Zimmerman mexican? I feel like in '13 they get ripped on far more than black people :lol

B-Low 07-14-2013 07:54 PM

Yeah Akon got no problem with the white record label owners that are filling his bank account up with millions of dollars. This country treats him so poorly...

GTFO of here these pampered celebrities tryin to be champions of the people :oldlol:

Patrick Chewing 07-14-2013 07:54 PM

Going back to Africa is a death sentence. They will eat you over there they're so hungry.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy 07-14-2013 07:58 PM

Akon is full of shit. :oldlol:

rezznor 07-14-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Akon is wrong.. This is our country.. This country was built on the backs of slaves.. the racists are dying.. now is not the time to leave and give up

agreed

Nick Young 07-14-2013 08:05 PM

Dis guy should go to Nigeria and see how the people treat eachother over there.

mlh1981 07-14-2013 08:08 PM

Alot of athletes and celebs have said some really dumb things in light of the verdict. Their PR teams will be hard at work in the days to come.

MMM 07-14-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Young
Dis guy should go to Nigeria and see how the people treat eachother over there.

the way they treat each other over there has more so to do with control over resources more so than anything else.

Nick Young 07-14-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM
the way they treat each other over there has more so to do with control over resources more so than anything else.

More to do with culture then anything else, sport.

red1 07-14-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Jones

:facepalm c'mon son