Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mike James (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1005)

Starter01 06-10-2006 11:26 AM

Mike James

well just want to know if houston fans here in ISH want to get MJ back in our lineup. we did well last season with him, and if he really worth the MLE to spend on thou? or we should ignore his plea and look the other way

JSub 06-10-2006 04:46 PM

If you can get Mike for the MLE, I'd definitely sign him. He's the 3rd option scorer we're looking for, if he can play within the system. If he starts waving off TMac and Yao again, simply use him as a high energy 6th man.

T-Low 06-12-2006 02:52 PM

He wants back, so give him a try. He could definately light it up with Rafer being back up. This team could be huge next season if everyone stays healthy.

albertpujols 06-12-2006 11:56 PM

The Raptors is probable to not sign him and keep him this offseason, as it does not address their needs.

I don't think it is nessesary for Houston to sign him, he is probably looking for alot of money following his 20+ point season.

lollol604 06-13-2006 01:29 AM

rafer =5 mill james 6-7 mill

might as well just get one solid PG

ClutchCityReturns 06-15-2006 10:53 PM

Here's my take on Mike James...

He's a crazy son of a b_tch, which turns me off a lot, but you don't put up 20/3/6 on accident in the NBA. If he will settle for the MLE and a 6th man role, there's no question that he's worth it. If he starts wanting to start (which I feel would disrupt chemistry/gameplan) or if he wants more money, he can go elsewhere.

insidehoops 06-17-2006 09:44 PM

James would help. THere's too much scoring pressure on mcgrady and yao

Not sure about that team on the defensive side of things,t hough

albertpujols 06-19-2006 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
James would help. THere's too much scoring pressure on mcgrady and yao

Not sure about that team on the defensive side of things,t hough

Can easily fit as a third slot scorer with his ability. And if either Yao or T'Mac gets injured, can easily take their place offensively.

Again, cash and defensively still the cause of probable concern.

wTFaMonkey 06-21-2006 09:17 PM

he is a guy we need, he slashes good, quick, but his role is not starting but a 6th man. if he starts i dont want him back.

insidehoops 06-22-2006 04:09 AM

I think more than anything the rockets need a true, good, rugged PF to play next to yao ming and take the pressure off

Maybe Stro Swift can magically become intense and stronger

junwin 06-22-2006 09:30 AM

i dont think he would settle into a backseat role....didnt he say he considers himself an MVP candidate? whats up with that

hehehaha 06-22-2006 07:31 PM

Honestly i see mike james as a player that needs the ball to be effective. He was given the go-ahead in Toronto to operate the offence and take more shots but in houston he won't get the same number of touches and MacT will probably command the ball going up-court more than in Toronto.

I watch both the Raptors and Rockets and did not see mike james play while he was part of the houston system. What was his role like then?

insidehoops 06-22-2006 07:59 PM

James is a SG who plays PG

wTFaMonkey 06-23-2006 01:20 AM

mike james role in houston is a spark off the bench. while mac/yao are resting, he would give us some offense power we loose while mac/yao are out.

junwin 06-24-2006 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wTFaMonkey
mike james role in houston is a spark off the bench. while mac/yao are resting, he would give us some offense power we loose while mac/yao are out.

yeh IF he comes back, he will have to learn to accept that, and it will be great if he does..... if he doesnt, he could be a chemistry killer and F it all up