Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ginobili done for the olympics (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100603)

Rekindled 08-22-2008 01:36 PM

Ginobili done for the olympics

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...-ginobili.html

Beijing - Argentine basketball star Emanuel Ginobili is injured and will miss Sunday's game for Olympic bronze against Lithuania, Argentine team doctor Diego Grippo confirmed Friday. "There is no chance that 'Manu' will recover. He will not play against Lithuania," Grippo said.

A recurring injury to his left ankle forced Ginobili to remain on the bench for most of Friday's semi-final, which saw defending champion Argentina lose to the United States, 101-81.

"Ginobili is in a lot of pain, he is very sad," Argentine coach Sergio Hernandez said.

The San Antonio Spurs shooting guard was on court for just 6 minutes and 21 seconds in the semi-final and scored 2 points before withdrawing at half-time.

Andres Nocioni may also miss the game against Lithuania.

"He has tendinitis in his left knee. We will see if he recovers," said Grippo.

Showtime09 08-22-2008 01:38 PM

Re: Ginobili done for the olympic

That's too bad because I would've liked to see a full strength Argentina team take on the "Redeem" team.

Rekindled 08-22-2008 01:41 PM

Ginobili just said he will be out for the training camp and preseason also in an interview.

gts 08-22-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
popovich is creaming his pants now

you know he's fuming right now, if i remember right he spoke out against him playing in the olympics in the first place.... maybe somebody remebers better than me, but i'm fairly certain he wasn't happy about it because he had been injured in the playoffs and he wanted manu to take care of it this off season

AMERVET 08-22-2008 01:42 PM

I Feel Bad For Him, Such A Competitor

veilside23 08-22-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gts
you know he's fuming right now, if i remember right he spoke out against him playing in the olympics in the first place.... maybe somebody remebers better than me, but i'm fairly certain he wasn't happy about it because he had been injured in the playoffs and he wanted manu to take care of it this off season

hopefully he will be 100% when the season starts... there goes their chance this odd year if he wont be able to play :rolleyes:

FlashMatrixPick 08-22-2008 01:44 PM

??

Rekindled 08-22-2008 02:19 PM

I srsly doubt they will beat lithuania now, they coudlnt do it even with healthy manu and nocioni before.

el_locoteee 08-22-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
I srsly doubt they will beat lithuania now, they coudlnt do it even with healthy manu and nocioni before.

They just got a bad start to that game after that they owned the rest of the game.

rezznor 08-22-2008 02:32 PM

somewhere in san antonio, e02dlyne is contemplating suicide.

Rekindled 08-22-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rezznor
somewhere in san antonio, e02dlyne is contemplating suicide.

well, spurstalk is in meltdown mode.

Lebron23 08-22-2008 02:48 PM

Thank you Manu Ginobili, and I am glad to see you leading Argentina in the 2004 Athens Olympics.

despurs 08-22-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekindled
Ginobili just said he will be out for the training camp and preseason also in an interview.

Horrible News!:(

mattreis62 08-22-2008 03:14 PM

I'm kinda bummed since a healthy Ginobli is one of the must entertaining players in the league, but I can't really be too upset at anything that helps out the Lakers.

proballer 08-22-2008 03:31 PM

Pretty bad news for San Antonio. The Spurs just released Parker so that he can play with France, I guess Pop must be scared to death!