Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tiago Splitter Update Needed (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101066)

b.jerk 08-25-2008 10:43 PM

Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
I need my Tiago Splitter (best player in the acb) fix so what's going on with him and is he healthy

berraco 08-26-2008 07:19 AM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
TAU has already started the training camp. No other news are available.

b.jerk 08-26-2008 04:17 PM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Tau's my fourth favorite team of my top 5 of

1. Olympiacos
2. CSKA
3. Maccabi
4. Tau
5. Panathanaikos

berraco 08-26-2008 05:22 PM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b.jerk
Tau's my fourth favorite team of my top 5 of

1. Olympiacos
2. CSKA
3. Maccabi
4. Tau
5. Panathanaikos


Not a bad top 5. I think Barça could be challenging them if the new roster live up to the expectations, but yeah, these are the top teams in Europe.

Grinder 08-29-2008 05:43 PM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b.jerk
I need my Tiago Splitter (best player in the acb) fix so what's going on with him and is he healthy


Not even close to the best player in the ACB.

Heck, Felipe Reyes > Tiago Splitter

b.jerk 08-29-2008 10:30 PM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
Not even close to the best player in the ACB.

Heck, Felipe Reyes > Tiago Splitter


When Felipe Reyes is all euroleague when injured, the current acb champion and earns excess of the nba maximum come back to me but until than keep that weak **** out of here

la bomba 08-30-2008 05:44 AM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b.jerk
When Felipe Reyes is all euroleague when injured, the current acb champion and earns excess of the nba maximum come back to me but until than keep that weak **** out of here

As much as i disagree about splitter been the best in the ACB and as much as I think Felipe is a beast(and I am sure he would play through injuries too and well),I have to say that Splitter is a better player than Felipe.Felipe did have a great olympic though and his mid range shot was looking very improved too.

berraco 09-01-2008 10:20 AM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
With Rudy Fernandez and Marc Gasol leaving ACB this year, I think Tiago could really be top player. IMO only Navarro could be really in the fight if he's back to his previous performance in ACB. I can't think in any other player close to their level.

la bomba 09-01-2008 10:58 AM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by berraco
With Rudy Fernandez and Marc Gasol leaving ACB this year, I think Tiago could really be top player. IMO only Navarro could be really in the fight if he's back to his previous performance in ACB. I can't think in any other player close to their level.

Ricky Rubio's margin of improvement is huge so dont be suprised if he improves a massive amount again.David Anderson and Navarro have potential if they are at their best.I think Papadopoulos this year can only do better as he was rubbish last year.Still Splitter is an established leader in his team now so it is possible that he will be one of the best players.
Player to watch for me is the little spoken of Pau Ribas a great young player that has been overshadowed by Rudy Fernandez and Ricky Rubio.He is definately
close to the spanish national squad.For me he has done more than the much hyped Claver.Another young DKV player is Franch.Also barca's xavi Rey.

berraco 09-01-2008 11:40 AM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
If Rubio becomes the best player in ACB, that would be a hell of improvement. I don't think that will happen though. Andersen, I forgot about him, he could be in the fight. With Navarro, they can be the top 3 players. i don't see Lazaros becoming such a dominant force that will be in the fight for the MVP, although he arrived in a much better shape this offseason according to some reports. Ribas is a good player, he will shine much more this year with Rudy gone, but not to that level.

la bomba 09-01-2008 03:43 PM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by berraco
If Rubio becomes the best player in ACB, that would be a hell of improvement. I don't think that will happen though. Andersen, I forgot about him, he could be in the fight. With Navarro, they can be the top 3 players. i don't see Lazaros becoming such a dominant force that will be in the fight for the MVP, although he arrived in a much better shape this offseason according to some reports. Ribas is a good player, he will shine much more this year with Rudy gone, but not to that level.

i agree with you in everything, I was mearly mentioning names that might do well as oppose to being MVPs.People in Spain worry that there is not much coming through with Ricky,I think Ribas,Claver,Rey,franch are good players to look at.

berraco 09-02-2008 02:27 AM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by la bomba
i agree with you in everything, I was mearly mentioning names that might do well as oppose to being MVPs.People in Spain worry that there is not much coming through with Ricky,I think Ribas,Claver,Rey,franch are good players to look at.


yep, and there are a few more coming, like Santana. But this new generation will have trouble to keep the pace of accomplishments that the current one is doing.

la bomba 09-02-2008 10:55 AM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by berraco
yep, and there are a few more coming, like Santana. But this new generation will have trouble to keep the pace of accomplishments that the current one is doing.

of course! they might never get a better team.I was watching Gasol playing for barca on acb.com against madrid he looks so much faster and agile,now he has bulked up is much stronger for the NBA but I think he was better before.he was a 7ft who was real fast!now he labours about too much.still great though and still really young!Rudy is also really young so Spain could still be a great team for a long time,unfortunately a lot of these players are going to the NBA and this means lowering their national team commitments.

berraco 09-02-2008 11:48 AM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by la bomba
of course!


:oldlol: yeah, I should have said "to achieve half of the accomplishments", not "to keep the pace of this generation".

berraco 09-02-2008 05:10 PM

Re: Tiago Splitter Update Needed
 
Bad news for Tiago. Three weeks out due to muscular problems in one of his legs.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Spain/bask...?NewsID=139801


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy