Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Trading JO? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101263)

T-Low 08-27-2008 07:16 PM

Trading JO?

If, at the end of the season, he plays big, would you trade JO when he is at the top of his game or would you keep him to see how far we can get and build around the Bosh/JO/Calderon core?

Dr.Funk 08-27-2008 07:42 PM

Re: Trading JO?

Depends on the results.

If he plays great but he doesn't mesh well with Bosh or something else then I would deal him, but there are so many factors that it is impossible to answer the question right now.

danumber88 08-27-2008 08:52 PM

First if we get in the playoffs.. lets see how far we go.

kmart 08-27-2008 09:41 PM

if bargs steps it up, i would trade J.O

EricGordon23 08-27-2008 10:27 PM

No i would just try to develop the bench more because they don't have depth in there bench.

Zan Tabak 08-27-2008 10:33 PM

I'd trade anyone if it helps the team. Including Bosh!

RapsFan 08-27-2008 10:34 PM

Once JO's deal is an expiring contract, we should definitely trade him and I am sure we will. Or we'll let him walk. Only re-sign him if it's very reasonable which I doubt it will. If he plays well someone will overpay him.

T.O.RAPS 08-28-2008 12:16 AM

Think he has an opt out at the end of this season, so really it could depend on him if he's gonna leave...

Qwyjibo 08-28-2008 01:29 AM

I keep him.

It would be great if Bargnani plays like we all hoped he would but then what? A team with a Bosh/Bargnani frontcourt still isn't going anywhere significant. So unless you want Bosh traded if Bargnani breaks out (and those people are friggin crazy) then you still trade Bargnani whether he plays well or not.

Keep JO for these 2 years, try to win with maybe getting a good swingman (once again, MIKE MILLER!). If it doesn't work then you pray Bosh stays since the Raptors can offer him the most money and do a "mini-rebuild" with him, Calderon and cap space.

Dr.Funk 08-28-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.O.RAPS
Think he has an opt out at the end of this season, so really it could depend on him if he's gonna leave...

JO does not have an opt out after this season.

T.O.RAPS 08-28-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
JO does not have an opt out after this season.

My mistake, even better then we can do whatever with him...

A.M.G. 08-28-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.O.RAPS

Even if he did have an opt out, doesn' he make like $22 million or something ridiculous next season? There is no way in hell he would get nearly that much in a new contract, so there is no way he would opt out.

Anyways, once JO's current massive contract expires, I sincerely hope we resign him to a three year deal for something reasonable like $9-12 million per, and then use the extra $10 mill or so of cap space to resign Bosh and sign a fairly legit swing man. JO will be getting old towards the end of that contract, but we'll be contenders to win the East during its duration if we can only get some wing talent.

New Rap City 08-29-2008 11:05 AM

Let him play a game first before we talk of trading him :D

Zan Tabak 08-29-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Rap City
Let him play a game first before we talk of trading him :D

:oldlol: Agreed!..lets see what the dude can do first!

T-Low 08-29-2008 03:38 PM

But that's the thing, we got Ford because we traded Villy while his value was high then he washed away on Milwaukee. If that's the case with JO, with him being injury prone, should we do the same if he has a big season?