Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is there anyway to trade Webber? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1015)

The Answer 06-10-2006 12:48 PM

Is there anyway to trade Webber?

Webber has lost nearly all of his athleticism. He's now primarily a jump shooter, and is a liability on defense. Despite all of this and his huge salary, is there anyone out there who thinks we could trade him in a package with maybe Iguodala or somebody to get a superstar in return? I seriously doubt it could happen, but I just wanted to hear if anybody had any ideas.

Unregistered 06-10-2006 01:33 PM

if Philly keeps him they'll have some serious cap room in 2 years. Iverson's contract will be done by then too i think. thats 40 million off the books

bracer028 06-10-2006 02:29 PM

i think its better to just keep this team in tact...draft good and just slowly rebuild

i think iverson's contract comes up 1 year after webbers...anyways...they would have a grip of cash but depending on how much they sign iggy on an extension

ppierce34 06-10-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered
if Philly keeps him they'll have some serious cap room in 2 years. Iverson's contract will be done by then too i think. thats 40 million off the books

Iverson comes off the year after Webber and I don't think they'll be under until then.

Baller 06-12-2006 11:31 AM

The 76ers will never be under the Cap. They want to definitely get under the luxery tax threshold, but they won't get under the salary cap. You have to remember that King's so-called credibility is on the line here,,,right now. He won't, or can't wait three more years and HOPE that in 2009 that someone could then be signed.

Webber could be moved, but it would have to be for another teams player who they themselves have run out of patiants on.

Say a Chris Webber to Portland for say Theo & Zach Randolph, and the 30th pick in the draft.

Why would Portland do it ? Well the main reason is getting rid of Randolph who seems to constantly get into trouble, or put himself into High risk situations. Theo's deal ends the same time Webber's does, so no real advantage there, but in Chris, at least he will play more consistently as it goes to Injuries cause Theo seems to always get injured. The only reason Philly might do it is that when Theo is healthy, he can play some C and add some blocked shots. And maybe, just maybe Randolph will get his act together under Ivy, and a coach he has been under before. We also add a depth player at 30 in round 1 to go along with pick 13.

There, hows that scenario ?

ppierce34 06-12-2006 03:02 PM

If the Sixers don't take on any long term big deals within the next couple seasons they'll be under the cap when Iverson comes off the books.

As for the trade. I'd do that without even thinking twice.

SixerFan03 06-13-2006 12:59 AM

It's kind of hard to trade him. The only team that would take him would probably be another team with a bad contract.

hateraid 06-17-2006 12:30 AM

Good team, change coach