Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Agassi vs Becker (11am eastern CBS) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10154)

IGGYIVERSON 09-03-2006 11:28 AM

Agassi vs Becker (11am eastern CBS)

could Agassi's career end today???

this kid looks good. he's serving at around 140mph.

go Andre!

geeWiz15 09-03-2006 11:33 AM

Agassi is the ****. I like him so much I might actually watch this.

Well probably not. But go AA!

Voice of Reason 09-03-2006 11:38 AM

Whats the difference between Agassi taking shots for his back and Landis for his hip? Why is he allowed to get treatment so he can perform in his match?

RidonKs 09-03-2006 11:47 AM

nm

IGGYIVERSON 09-03-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Whats the difference between Agassi taking shots for his back and Landis for his hip? Why is he allowed to get treatment so he can perform in his match?

he's taking cortesone shots and anti-inflammatory shots. im not in the medical field, but i dont think Agassi is loading up on testosterone or steroids. Agassi is no different than Iverson or any other tough non-cheating athlete.

orfeomorfeo-ita 09-03-2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
he's taking cortesone shots and anti-inflammatory shots. im not in the medical field, but i dont think Agassi is loading up on testosterone or steroids. Agassi is no different than Iverson or any other tough non-cheating athlete.

Exactly. "taking shots" is not precise enough. there's painkillers, anti-inflammatory, steroids, and many other things.

But your message made me think about something: with your knowledge of the human soul, of all the greatest stars that were discovered cheaters with doping, or that are now confessing their use of doping 20 years ago.. could you swear on your life that Iverson (or any other NBA player, or international, or whoever is paid so much money to PLAY) doesn't or never cheated?

Honestly, I'm wearing an Iverson jersey right now, yet I could bet that 90% of athlethes all over a world where there's so much money involved cheat with doping somehow.. it's known knowledge that anti-doping research is always a few years behind doping research, btw.

RidonKs 09-03-2006 12:15 PM

I wish they had of shown Agassi's "winner" that was called out on the hawk-eye thing. I thought it might have caught the line.

IGGYIVERSON 09-03-2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orfeomorfeo-ita
Exactly. "taking shots" is not precise enough. there's painkillers, anti-inflammatory, steroids, and many other things.

But your message made me think about something: with your knowledge of the human soul, of all the greatest stars that were discovered cheaters with doping, or that are now confessing their use of doping 20 years ago.. could you swear on your life that Iverson (or any other NBA player, or international, or whoever is paid so much money to PLAY) doesn't or never cheated?

Honestly, I'm wearing an Iverson jersey right now, yet I could bet that 90% of athlethes all over a world where there's so much money involved cheat with doping somehow.. it's known knowledge that anti-doping research is always a few years behind doping research, btw.

i agree with you. the thing with Agassi tho is that tennis has testing that is way more strict than baseball, and is comparable to cycling. there's been grandslam champs stripped of their money and banned for life.

but you're right. testing is behind in lots or sports. i cant guarantee that Iversons never cheated.

Voice of Reason 09-03-2006 12:29 PM

Damn that was a long ass match. Took 15mins for someone to win. Agassi got it.

IGGYIVERSON 09-03-2006 12:39 PM

agassi is playing like crap. too bad athletes have to get old.

kingsfan 09-03-2006 12:40 PM

Damn it, looks like this will be his last match :(

mavsfan4zindagi 09-03-2006 01:12 PM

He's not done yet. 1 set all.

TMacsOneGoodEye 09-03-2006 01:14 PM

Good match, but did you just see this iTunes commercial feat. Bob Dylan? That's just wrong.

RidonKs 09-03-2006 01:15 PM

It's come down to the point that the only way Agassi can win these matches is to get into long, and easy rallies, and just let his opponent hit errors. He just can't hit winners anymore.

konex 09-03-2006 01:15 PM

I can't believe Becker let him off the hook that set...