Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ben Gordon leaving for CSKA (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101905)

b.jerk 09-03-2008 05:13 PM

Ben Gordon leaving for CSKA

Is this legit or is Ben Gordon using CSKA to negotiate a better deal with the Bulls organization

la bomba 09-03-2008 06:45 PM

Re: Ben Gordon leaving for CSKA

Quote:

Originally Posted by b.jerk
Is this legit or is Ben Gordon using CSKA to negotiate a better deal with the Bulls organization

I think it could be legit for one season atleast,he has said he will no longer play for the bulls.It will be a bonus for great britain too as he will be more readily available to play for GB.

fiddy 09-07-2008 12:56 PM

I am not sure if an euro team is ready to pay that much for decent NBA player.

WhiteMosɘs 09-07-2008 03:45 PM

They found out either the paper or his agent was lying about it.

b.jerk 09-13-2008 05:47 AM

Teams are willing to go beyond the nba maximum, Tiago Splitter is making than the nba max equivilant of 15 million

la bomba 09-13-2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Teams are willing to go beyond the nba maximum, Tiago Splitter is making than the nba max equivilant of 15 million

15 million what? scheckels?? he doesnt get 15million euros a year!!
I already put a list of top 20 euro salaries and Splitter is not even there.
here it is again.http://ebzone.blogspot.com/2008/09/t...asketball.html

b.jerk 09-13-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by la bomba
15 million what? scheckels?? he doesnt get 15million euros a year!!
I already put a list of top 20 euro salaries and Splitter is not even there.
here it is again.http://ebzone.blogspot.com/2008/09/t...asketball.html

Last time I checked he was making eight million after taxes and having his living expenses paid for, he also has endorsements. Tiago Splitter isn't poor by any means and is one of the highest paid basketball players in the world.

Grinder 09-13-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Last time I checked he was making eight million after taxes and having his living expenses paid for, he also has endorsements. Tiago Splitter isn't poor by any means and is one of the highest paid basketball players in the world.

Last time I checked, that's not anywhere near the NBA max.

b.jerk 09-13-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
Last time I checked, that's not anywhere near the NBA max.

Eight million after taxes is the equivalent of 16 million in nba contracts, 15 million is what Lebron James signed for and he doesn't get room and board paid for.

la bomba 09-13-2008 08:47 PM

well why is he not in the list of top paid players? where was it you checked?I'd like to see where it states that he earns 8million after taxes,I don't think he is anywhere near that.

b.jerk 09-13-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

well why is he not in the list of top paid players? where was it you checked?I'd like to see where it states that he earns 8million after taxes,I don't think he is anywhere near that.

Most people like to keep their salaries private, the only thing disclosed was that spurs could pay him 1 million and he was making eight times that after taxes staying with Tau. No one really should be surprised the nba isn't exactly a good business.

Grinder 09-13-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Eight million after taxes is the equivalent of 16 million in nba contracts, 15 million is what Lebron James signed for and he doesn't get room and board paid for.

And Rashard Lewis makes 18 mil a year. :lol

b.jerk 09-13-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
And Rashard Lewis makes 18 mil a year. :lol

The Orlando Magic have trouble paying him even 15 million a year, the people that think that there aren't bigger markets out there that can pay athletes more are idiots. Anyone that isn't concerned that the rest of the world isn't moving along without america and western europe keeping pace is a **** ****ing **** not worth their ***.

la bomba 09-14-2008 05:39 AM

Quote:

The Orlando Magic have trouble paying him even 15 million a year, the people that think that there aren't bigger markets out there that can pay athletes more are idiots. Anyone that isn't concerned that the rest of the world isn't moving along without america and western europe keeping pace is a **** ****ing **** not worth their ***.

no one is saying that clubs cant pay more than the nba,of course they can.just that i doubt a club like TAU can pay 8million euros a year to one player.TAU's total budget for the year is 20million euros.could half of it or almost half of it be just for splitter?I doubt it.

b.jerk 09-14-2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

no one is saying that clubs cant pay more than the nba,of course they can.just that i doubt a club like TAU can pay 8million euros a year to one player.TAU's total budget for the year is 20million euros.could half of it or almost half of it be just for splitter?I doubt it.

Did you see Tau last year, Tiago Splitter was more than half their team. 20 million euros is like maccabi's budget and theirs has to be more.