Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gilbert Arenas out until December (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103217)

gasolina 09-17-2008 01:27 PM

Gilbert Arenas out until December

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wiz...easons_fi.html

Gilbert Arenas confirmed that he underwent a surgical procedure this morning that "cleaned out some debris" in his left knee. Arenas, who has undergone two surgeries to repair the left knee in the last two seasons, has been limited during the rehab process all summer and said he has planned all along on not participating in training camp or the preseason. Arenas, who signed a six-year, $111 million contract this summer, said he plans on returning to game action sometime in early December which would mean that he'd miss at least the season's first month.

Not again...

Real Men Wear Green 09-17-2008 01:35 PM

Re: Gil out until December

The new Penny?

NastaMaverick 09-17-2008 01:35 PM

Damn this sucks:(

Lebron23 09-17-2008 01:39 PM

It sucks if you will draft him in your fantasy team. :(

ihatetimthomas 09-17-2008 01:39 PM

Why must teams give out a killing o cash to guys who were injured? Brand got it, now Arenas. Its really crazy. Gil sits out essentially a year and gets rewarded with a 100 mil contract. Brand does the same and gets 80 mil.

I would be concerned if I were a Washington fan. This does not look good and it could be an ongoing injury to his knee. He is here for a long time so you better hope he can recover. You never know with these knee injuries. He's only out 1st month, but it takes time to fully recover and get back into bball shape

LJJ 09-17-2008 01:41 PM

It's only a few weeks, but still.

Valliant13 09-17-2008 01:50 PM

I have feeling the Wiz are begining a loooong, painful, expensive, relationship with Agent 0. If the weren't in the East I would feel bad for them.

guy 09-17-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valliant13
I have feeling the Wiz are begin a loooong, painful, expensive, relationship with Agent 0. If the weren't in the East I would feel bad for them.

Juwan Howard all over again.

DCL 09-17-2008 01:58 PM

is he trying to compete with vince carter from toronto?

picc84 09-17-2008 02:01 PM

110 million :oldlol:

Myth 09-17-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by picc84
110 million :oldlol:

He doesn't deserve that when he is healthy.

picc84 09-17-2008 02:11 PM

Re: Gilbert Arenas out until December

:roll: @ the wizards FO dumbasses paying out the yin-yang for this chucking, overrated walking injury waiting to happen. they might as well hire Scott Layden and call it a day :applause:

Valliant13 09-17-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCL
is he trying to compete with vince carter from toronto?

I say this a devout, almost deranged, Vince Carter hater: Gilbert fully healthy is not even in the same league as the broke down, no heart, piece of crap VC is now. Carter has more size, skills, and athleticism than Gill could ever dream of.

ZeN 09-17-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

"I just had some floating debris in there that was slowing me down," said Arenas, who seemed to be in good spirits. "It was irritating the knee so we decided to go in there and clean it out. This should actually allow me to come back faster."

Arenas was limited to 13 regular season games last season and missed the final eight regular season games and the playoffs the previous season after tearing the left meniscus in the knee during a game against Charlotte on April 4, 2007.

I've been on vacation and just flew back into town late last night so I'm still in the process of fleshing this all out. I can't yet tell you whether or to what extent president Ernie Grunfeld and coach Eddie Jordan were prepared for all of this.

Thats really messed up on his part...

I mean the guy got a max deal, after being injured almost the whole season, enough to let him build a million dollar pool... the least gil could do is sacrafice a portion of his summer by getting the surgery done before the season starter..

Its not cool to be so well compensated (likely overcompensated...) and not show some loyalty back when it comes to his professionalism...

gasolina 09-17-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by picc84
:roll: @ the wizards FO dumbasses paying out the yin-yang for this chucking, overrated walking injury waiting to happen. they might as well hire Scott Layden and call it a day :applause:

An apparently, Gil took a paycut :roll:

Gil would be back (fingers crossed) early December and lets say takes all month to adjusted back. Other eastern teams (Cleveland, Indiana) would have had 2 full months to develop chemistry on the floor.