Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Josh Howard (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103346)

Burgz 09-18-2008 11:07 PM

Josh Howard
 
Now this is all hypothetical, dont wanna start false rumours, but in light of recent(and past) events, Josh Howard might be on his way out of Dallas. If Cuban desides to make an example of Howard once and for all, he'll be a quick dump for Dallas, trying to get anything back.
Question is: Would/should we take a chance on him, if so how would you see him fit?

i think it would be a good fit, despite his moronic behaviour off the court, he's still a very intelligent, two way basketball player, has length and athleticism on the wing, can score in a number of different ways and lock it down on defense

he fits the bill for the wing we've been looking for, what do you guys think?

bokes15 09-19-2008 08:49 AM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Personally, i'd love to have Josh Howard. It's kind of similar to the Artest situation in Houston. Both players make stupid statements and decisions, but both are very talented on the court. I wouldn't mind a Kapono/Parker trade for Howard or something to that affect (it fit on trade machine). I think that being around a group of higher character guys might influence him for the better. The problem is that I could see Howard saying **** Canada if a trade like this ever happened.

T-Low 09-19-2008 10:17 AM

Re: Josh Howard
 
I would hate to have Josh Howard. That is bad news straight up.

b4ball 09-19-2008 10:53 AM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Does the Canadian national anthem sound "blacker" then the American anthem? I mean if we added a few boom bop's and stuff, would he sing along at the start of a game?

Zan Tabak 09-19-2008 12:14 PM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
Personally, i'd love to have Josh Howard. It's kind of similar to the Artest situation in Houston. Both players make stupid statements and decisions, but both are very talented on the court. I wouldn't mind a Kapono/Parker trade for Howard or something to that affect (it fit on trade machine). I think that being around a group of higher character guys might influence him for the better. The problem is that I could see Howard saying **** Canada if a trade like this ever happened.

I think that old **** Canada thing is a thing of the past in the NBA ..Toronto is a far better place to live and play then 85% of the other NBA cities and NBA players know this.

As for Josh Howard I would take him on the Raps in a heartbeat ..Sam Mitchell would set him straight!

bokes15 09-19-2008 12:59 PM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Quote:

I think that old **** Canada thing is a thing of the past in the NBA ..Toronto is a far better place to live and play then 85% of the other NBA cities and NBA players know this.
In a general sense, I think you're right, but given Josh Howards recent track record, i mean if the guy doesn't even sing his own anthem, what makes you think he would embrace coming North of the border?

RAPSCANWIN 09-19-2008 02:02 PM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
In a general sense, I think you're right, but given Josh Howards recent track record, i mean if the guy doesn't even sing his own anthem, what makes you think he would embrace coming North of the border?



Perhaps he wants out of the U.S.A. and would embrace Canada. He obviously has issues with his nationalism.

on second thought...

...I doubt it, but perhaps he like a change of scenery and come to a good team in the east.

jrcp3 09-19-2008 02:04 PM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Josh Howard is a STR8 G ... FROM THE G-H-E-T-T-O IN THE USA BROKE DOWN PROJECTS ..... HOLLA ..... BUT! He is still some of the best wing players in the league and TORONTO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM!

Jalen5 09-20-2008 09:15 AM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Yea let's trade Joey Graham and picks for him!!!! (I am loling as we speak)

danumber88 09-20-2008 11:39 AM

Re: Josh Howard
 
I like him, drives it hard and a good shot selector.

As long as he wants a ring, im down with it

CB4isJC 09-20-2008 03:18 PM

Re: Josh Howard
 
This guy would be such a fit for the Raps both on and off the court. On the court, he is an almost ideal 2 for our team. Off the court, I don't think he would feel as strongly about the Canadian government having policies that nurture the socio-economic perpetuation of black poverty(I think that's what he is mad at). Another off court match is the great weed he'll be able to get in BC.
Obviously the guy is a bit of a jackass, but he doesn't seem like a jerk. I hope he keeps up the bafoonery to keep pushing that trade value lower. You know what would be perfect - if he were to say a bunch of anti-war comments to turn the patriotic American public against him even more, making Toronto the only NBA location where he won't be booed.
I know we're never going to get someone like Howard with a couple of pieces like Kapono and AP, but I guess there's always a chance. They do need to free up cap space, so maybe we could exploit that. I hope the whole thing just spirals out of control, b/c if we can get that dude on our team without giving up a major piece, then we go over the top. But ya, not gonna happen.

kmart 09-20-2008 06:23 PM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CB4isJC
This guy would be such a fit for the Raps both on and off the court. On the court, he is an almost ideal 2 for our team. Off the court, I don't think he would feel as strongly about the Canadian government having policies that nurture the socio-economic perpetuation of black poverty(I think that's what he is mad at). Another off court match is the great weed he'll be able to get in BC.
Obviously the guy is a bit of a jackass, but he doesn't seem like a jerk. I hope he keeps up the bafoonery to keep pushing that trade value lower. You know what would be perfect - if he were to say a bunch of anti-war comments to turn the patriotic American public against him even more, making Toronto the only NBA location where he won't be booed.
I know we're never going to get someone like Howard with a couple of pieces like Kapono and AP, but I guess there's always a chance. They do need to free up cap space, so maybe we could exploit that. I hope the whole thing just spirals out of control, b/c if we can get that dude on our team without giving up a major piece, then we go over the top. But ya, not gonna happen.


I think the only way we get Josh Howard is if:
1.He gets into a major conflict with Mark Cuban
2.The city of Dallas hates him... or
3.He requests a trade

If one of these things happen, the Raptors offer up Jason Kapono, Anthony Parker, and fillers for Josh Howard and fillers the trade could work.

Burgz 09-21-2008 10:07 AM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmart
I think the only way we get Josh Howard is if:
1.He gets into a major conflict with Mark Cuban
2.The city of Dallas hates him... or
3.He requests a trade

If one of these things happen, the Raptors offer up Jason Kapono, Anthony Parker, and fillers for Josh Howard and fillers the trade could work.


colangelo and and most other GM's are smarter than that. We're not going to have to give up that much because it's basically a player dump. A player and picks would suffice.

A.M.G. 09-21-2008 06:13 PM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz
colangelo and and most other GM's are smarter than that. We're not going to have to give up that much because it's basically a player dump. A player and picks would suffice.

You're dreaming. Josh Howard still has a ton of value.

bluerap 09-23-2008 09:34 AM

Re: Josh Howard
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G.
You're dreaming. Josh Howard still has a ton of value.

Agree.

It still drives me nuts that people think we can get an ALLSTAR for a bag of basketballs.

If we really want Howard, and I would love it, we'd have to start with Bargs and through in at least 2 first rounders. Then fill it out with Kapono and probably moon. And there would still be other teams competing with us to get him.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy